Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, Socketman), 196 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12712 Members
11 Forums
22686 Topics
400525 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17696
pmbuko 16225
SirQuack 13311
CV 11062
MarkSJohnson 10681
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 231 of 365 < 1 2 ... 229 230 231 232 233 ... 364 365 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#319603 - 08/23/10 12:35 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: sonicfox]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
(boo)

#319605 - 08/23/10 12:43 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: sonicfox]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
I hear ya Mary,

One of my brother used to sleepwalk. Having someone stand there and stare at you with an expression seemingly devoid of any consciousness is a very unsettling thing, even when you know there is nothing paranormal involved. I didn't find the movie scary at all either but admit the scenes where she stood like a zombie beside her boyfriends bed brought back some uncomfortable memories.

#319758 - 08/24/10 02:49 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
grunt Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Nirvana
Originally Posted By: CV

I finally finished Scrapped Princess. I liked it pretty well. It made me laugh.

I thought is had a good mix of many elements, drama, comedy, action and plot twists. AFAIR it also looked pretty good too.

Rurouni Kenshin. I like it so far.

Keep us updated on what you think of it. Iíve had it for quite a while but at 22 disks I donít want to start it until Iím finished with InyYasha on which Iím only about half way through the 56 some disks.

#319759 - 08/24/10 02:57 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: grunt]
grunt Offline
connoisseur

Iíve been watching this season of Eureka on Hulu since having my Direct TV shut off. I really like this show when itís trying to be funny, and find the action ok but jus not feeling the love for the drama parts. I also have a bad feeling about the big plot twist this season. I think they may have ďjumped the shark.Ē frown

#320378 - 08/28/10 05:21 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: grunt]
CV Online   confused
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Originally Posted By: grunt

Rurouni Kenshin. I like it so far.

Keep us updated on what you think of it. Iíve had it for quite a while but at 22 disks I donít want to start it until Iím finished with InyYasha on which Iím only about half way through the 56 some disks.

I have a lot of InuYasha to watch, too. I keep collecting the seasons, but I've only watched the first... 3 or 4? I don't remember where I stopped, same with a couple of other series.

I only have the first season of Rurouni Kenshin so far. I just started disc 5 of 6. I'm enjoying it a lot, really. There's an underlying earnestness to it, even if it doesn't take itself too seriously on the surface. It doesn't mind being silly, but there's also some attention paid to small details. I'm not sure how much forward momentum the overall story has yet. It's hard to tell if the hints of what to come are really what's coming or not. Anyway, I'd still say it's worth the time at this point, whenever you get around to it.

#320403 - 08/28/10 09:10 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
After watching the latest Star Trek movie, my boys were interested in the original, so we Netflix'd the first season of the TV series. I forgot how slow paced tv shows were back in the day...

Still a good watch.

Scott

My HT

#320479 - 08/28/10 06:04 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: a401classic]
grunt Offline
connoisseur

Watched ďClash of the TitansĒ (2010) Blu-ray last night. It wasnít as bad as I remember the (1981) version but then Iíve killed a few brain cells since then.

Video quality was not up to par for a newly released Blu-ray movie. Occasional shots look nice but there was a lot of blurring/smearing of detail in to many scenes.

Audio quality was a little better but nothing great. Scenes which should have been earth shaking barely got the Buttkickers interest. Seems like more and more movies have the what should be a really deep rumble being played up in the midbass region. Maybe they are mixing for the ďaverage consumerĒ who doesnít have a good subwoofer. Otherwise the overall presentation was good but nothing demo worthy.

The movie itself was a mixed bag. There were some scenes that worked well and quite a few that just fell flat. Seemed like two different directors were shooting different parts of the movie. Better editing could have help as I found myself getting bored in several areas. I wouldnít call watching this a waste of two hours of my life but personally Iíd rather have been watching reruns of ďTeen Titans.Ē

#320480 - 08/28/10 06:11 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
grunt Offline
connoisseur

I have a lot of InuYasha to watch, too. I keep collecting the seasons, but I've only watched the first... 3 or 4? I don't remember where I stopped, same with a couple of other series.

I only have the first season of Rurouni Kenshin so far. I just started disc 5 of 6. I'm enjoying it a lot, really. There's an underlying earnestness to it, even if it doesn't take itself too seriously on the surface. It doesn't mind being silly, but there's also some attention paid to small details. I'm not sure how much forward momentum the overall story has yet. It's hard to tell if the hints of what to come are really what's coming or not. Anyway, I'd still say it's worth the time at this point, whenever you get around to it.

I hate starting a series if I donít have all the disks to watch the whole thing. Iím looking at what to use for long term viewing after I finish InuYasha and Rurouni Kenshin sounds like it might fit the bill. I want to watch Bleach but I keep waiting for all the disks to come out. I think Iíve collected up to #30 but I havenít checked to see if there are more or even if the show is still running with even more to come.

Iíve been taking a break for InuYasha to watch some stuff on Hulu before it drops off. But once I get caught up Iíll go back to the disk watching.

I finally cut my Netflix back from eight at a time to 1 at a time since Iím running out of things I really want quality copies of and switched to torrents for most stuff now.

#320481 - 08/28/10 06:15 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: a401classic]
grunt Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: a401classic
After watching the latest Star Trek movie, my boys were interested in the original, so we Netflix'd the first season of the TV series. I forgot how slow paced tv shows were back in the day...

Still a good watch.

Scott

I was surprised at how much I liked the new movie. The other parts of the franchise were getting tired but this one is off to a great start.

Iíve been watching a few of the Blu-ray versions of the original series and youíre right about the pacing compared to today. Though in some ways I like the character interaction and dialogue of old compared to the constant action of today. Guess Iím old. frown

#320484 - 08/28/10 07:13 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: grunt]
CV Online   confused
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Shogun Assassin

I hadn't seen it before, had only heard the little bits of narration in Kill Bill: Volume 2. It was pretty entertaining. You can definitely see why Quentin Tarantino liked it.

Page 231 of 365 < 1 2 ... 229 230 231 232 233 ... 364 365 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.