AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22945 Topics
405833 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Page 777 of 849 < 1 2 ... 775 776 777 778 779 ... 848 849 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#375557 - 05/08/12 05:28 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? ***** [Re: SirQuack]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Yee ha! I just learned that the new Silversun Pickups album is out today. I've ordered it on Amazon Prime and can stand a two day wait to listen to it.

Their last CD, Swoon, is on heavy rotation at medic8r manor and on my gym mix. It's really well done from start to finish.

This time, they have a new producer, which can be a dicey proposition. However, the new producer is Jacknife Lee, who got R.E.M. to make their best record in years with Accelerate and who has also produced albums by U2, Weezer, Snow Patrol, and - ahem - Regina Spektor, among others. Can't wait to see what he brings to their sound.

Here's a cool interview with drummer Christopher Guanlao at ESPN.com, which is apparently my source for music news today.

#375590 - 05/09/12 03:59 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Garbage - "Automatic Systematic Habit"

Free this week on iTunes. I like it, but tomorrow I'll listen to it at a much higher volume and see how it holds up.

#375591 - 05/09/12 04:04 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: CV]
CV Offline

Oh, you can stream the whole new album. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

#375592 - 05/09/12 04:30 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
CV Offline

Tenacious D - "Rize of the Fenix"

I'm late getting around to watching this one. My sister was telling me how Jack Black was really bringing it with his vocals, and I can agree with that.

#375605 - 05/09/12 08:58 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: medic8r]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Originally Posted By: medic8r
Yee ha! I just learned that the new Silversun Pickups album is out today. I've ordered it on Amazon Prime and can stand a two day wait to listen to it.

Their last CD, Swoon, is on heavy rotation at medic8r manor and on my gym mix. It's really well done from start to finish.

This time, they have a new producer, which can be a dicey proposition. However, the new producer is Jacknife Lee, who got R.E.M. to make their best record in years with Accelerate and who has also produced albums by U2, Weezer, Snow Patrol, and - ahem - Regina Spektor, among others. Can't wait to see what he brings to their sound.

Here's a cool interview with drummer Christopher Guanlao at ESPN.com, which is apparently my source for music news today.

J.P., I just ordered the their new album this morning. Looking forward to it as I really enjoy the first two albums.

#375607 - 05/09/12 09:00 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

CV, I see that Marina and the Diamonds album released this week. When do we get a review?

Sadly, Amazon only shows an import version that's over twenty dollars. Is there going to be a domestic release?

#375630 - 05/09/12 11:24 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Originally Posted By: medic8r

J.P., I just ordered the their new album this morning. Looking forward to it as I really enjoy the first two albums.

So did I.. lol

I've been quite infatuated with the Ben Howard CD I picked up a couple weeks ago. His first album from what I know. Nice, mellow, some pretty good acoustic guitar. His voice reminds me of Lindsey Buckingham.

http://www.amazon.com/Every-Kingdom/dp/B...6814&sr=1-2

Edited by michael_d (05/09/12 11:25 AM)

#375634 - 05/09/12 11:37 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Michael, that is too much of a coincidence. I JUST received my copy of that same Ben Howard CD last week. LOL! Small world! laugh

#375645 - 05/09/12 12:29 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: medic8r]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
JP, have you given Sloan a try? I think they'd be right up your alley.

#375649 - 05/09/12 12:50 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
CV Offline

Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
CV, I see that Marina and the Diamonds album released this week. When do we get a review?

Sadly, Amazon only shows an import version that's over twenty dollars. Is there going to be a domestic release?

There will be a domestic release, but I forget when. Months away, I'm sure. I don't have my copy yet. I ordered copies from both DeepDiscount and Amazon.com, thinking that ensured I'd get it. I was supposed to get both this week, but Amazon.com still hasn't shipped despite today being the estimated delivery day, and DeepDiscount lists it as being on backorder. The bastards.

Page 777 of 849 < 1 2 ... 775 776 777 778 779 ... 848 849 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.