Question/comments for anyone listening:
So I got these M80's setup with a new VP180 and new QS8's along with my old QS4's. I really have been busy the last week so I haven't had a chance to sit down and drive these things that hard yet. I'm very happy overall (so far REALLY impressed with the VP180) but I am disappointed with the low end from the M80's. I guess with all the raving from other M80 owners about the bass from these speakers I was expecting more, much more. Granted I have yet to play them at very loud levels but so far they just don't seem too pronounced in that area.
What I've tried:
- I have them set to large on my AVR
- I've moved them around and pulled them back to about ~8 inches from the wall (which did help a tad bit)
- I put my ear up to each driver and I believe they are all working.
- I've swapped pos/neg to test for phase issues
- I've spent some time listening in surround as well as 2 channel
My M3's seem to have nearly as much low end as these M80's... at the moderate to low volume levels
I've been playing with. I know it could be a case of just being used to a lot more bass because of my car stereo and the M80's being much more flat but it just seems like something is missing. Here is one look at how I have them setup here is another angle