AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 135 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22897 Topics
404609 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10900
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 1 of 172 1 2 3 ... 171 172 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52609 - 07/15/04 02:57 PM OT: politics
ringmir Offline
aficionado

Loc: boston
Republicans are a$$e$. Democrats are sissies. Green party members should smoke less of the green stuff.

There, go to town boys.

#52610 - 07/15/04 03:01 PM Re: OT: politics
ringmir Offline
aficionado

Ok so here's a question for everyone, clearly fox and cnn are not the best place to get news, at least not as your only source. Where do people get news? I read cnn online pretty frequently, I also read the bbc online and the local papers.

#52611 - 07/15/04 03:07 PM Re: OT: politics
BBIBH Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Canada
You have several valid points.

Has anyone noticed how the center channel dialogue on Fox is about -3db less than CNN? I also find a blurring of details from the surrounds during the ending musical piece (Mozart??) when played via my Axioms, connected to the Moon Attraction pre/pro.

...sorry...could not resist the thread-jacking!!!

Mike

#52612 - 07/15/04 03:09 PM Re: OT: politics
ringmir Offline
aficionado

please feel free to thread jack over here all you want.
I don't plan on reading this thread too intently. That's why I started it, so I could easily tell what to avoid.

#52613 - 07/15/04 03:10 PM Re: OT: politics
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I get a lot of my news from http://www.metafilter.com. It's a weblog where members post links to articles and then discuss them. There are plenty of people on both sides of the issues, and the discussions are usually civil and informative.

I also listen to NPR.

#52614 - 07/15/04 03:12 PM Re: OT: politics
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
the onion is 100% true.. NOT.. but funny, check it out..

i actually get most of my news from the newspaper.. seems old fashioned, but the AP is not as influenced by advertising. CNBC is ok, cnn is bad, fox is worse, and the networks just wanna show what will SHOCK you and keep you watching.

bigjohn

#52615 - 07/15/04 03:14 PM Re: OT: politics
Ken.C Online   content
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
I get virtually all of my news from NPR (yes, I know there is a slant, but it's more complete news than you'll get off the TV or from the AM newsradio stations). There. Call me a biased liberal.

#52616 - 07/15/04 03:19 PM Re: OT: politics
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
I get my news from multiple sources (local paper mainly, tv news, web sources, etc...) and then read between the lines on all of them.
TV news is particularly good (providing they don't cut things up) for providing briefings, press conferences, etc... all great primary sources.

#52617 - 07/15/04 03:30 PM Re: OT: politics
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
Mostly BBC online now. I still frequent cnn.com sometimes though. In print, I read TIME.

NPR isn't as slanted as most people say. I think it's pretty even. It's just that most of the major media outlets are leaning so far to one side that it makes the middle ground seem slanted.

#52618 - 07/15/04 03:35 PM Re: OT: politics
James_T Offline
aficionado

Loc: Seattle WA
I am a biased liberal too! Of course I live in San Francisco, so that is not really a surprise is it?
Though I claim to make an effort to read between the lines and have some leanings towards libertarianism in the sense of personal responsibility. It works in my head even if they seem to contradict each other on paper!
I mostly get my news from NPR in the morning and the web the rest of the day. I have tried to listen to more of the talk shows (liberal and conservative), but so often it's just shouting and yelling and no real discussion going on. If I want to watch men and women act like 8 yr olds I'll become a schoolteacher. I rarely finish listening and think I have learned something new.

jr

Page 1 of 172 1 2 3 ... 171 172 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.