I'm really looking forward to the Axiom Airplay... In the interim there was a local deal spilling the Pioneer A3 DLNA speakers cheap, and FYI here is my first impressions a posted on the JRiver Media Center
Just arrived and setup. First impressions:
- Easy to setup with a wired connection first, then configured the wireless from Its web page
- Updated Firware just fine
- Works on Wireless just fine
- Supports LCPM @ 2ch at 44.1 or 48hz (setup a profile in MC and associted it with the speaker)
Audio quality is "OK". Certainly not a high fidelity box, more of a small room or workshop quality as it gets quite boomy at high volumes (and you need that to get reasonable sound pressure levels... and even then it will never fill a large space).... but this is what I would expect from a $125 setup.
I've not had a chance to test how it goes with Sync in a multi room setup (I've had all sorts of probs with mutltiple devices getting out of sync).
There is also a Android (and iOS) app but why bother, as remotes like Gizmo/EOS controls it all.
Verdict? For A$125 (US$110) it is a great buy as you get
- DLNA Connectivity to MC & Control from Remote Apps (Gizmo, EOS etc)
- Battery Operated
- Wired / Wireless Support
- Acceptable sound quality for casual listening.
The original price was $400... and at that price point it would be overpriced.
HT:M80s,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:2 Pair M3 1 Pair M22 Office:AudioBytes, Games Room: M60,VP150