AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 150 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22895 Topics
404590 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16277
SirQuack 13336
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398663 - 11/19/13 07:35 AM Re: XPA-5 with Axiom Speakers and Denon 3312ci [Re: jman54]
AdrianD Offline
old hand

Loc: Maple, Ontario
Originally Posted By: gjtphx
Sorry for the late reply...

When I got my gear, the last thing on my mind was the forums shocked . I'm glad you enjoy your setup; when you get those M80s, you'll be ecstatic.

Originally Posted By: jman54
...I saw improvement thru the entire spectrum, I hear thing I didn't before with my 140w x 7... Bottom line is that I saw a huge improvement in quality and think it was definitely worth the money.

Right on the dot; I experienced the same until I hosted a first party with the (then) new gear. I added to the list of improvements clean, loud sheer power.

#398667 - 11/19/13 11:29 AM Re: XPA-5 with Axiom Speakers and Denon 3312ci [Re: gjtphx]
JBG Offline
devotee

I have an XPA-5 ...only 2 complaints are the rear rca terminal connections (one broke) they sent a replacement board which I had to change. next complaint is the heat generated .. my next amp purchase would either be D-sonic or Axiom

#398750 - 11/22/13 07:40 AM Re: XPA-5 with Axiom Speakers and Denon 3312ci [Re: JBG]
AdrianD Offline
old hand

Loc: Maple, Ontario
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Be_Good
I have an XPA-5 ...only 2 complaints are the rear rca terminal connections (one broke) they sent a replacement board which I had to change. next complaint is the heat generated .. my next amp purchase would either be D-sonic or Axiom

Emotiva is not perfect... that's for sure; but it offers very good quality for the money.
I have 2 x UPA-1 monoblocks, 2 x UMC-1 Prepros and an XPA-5; I do frequently change components and test things but never had an issue, although I pay much attention to the cables because the RCAs do "feel" flimsy.
As for the overheating... you must either listen at insane levels for long time and have very inefficient speakers. I was never able to get my XPA-5 to heat up more than warm to the hand.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.