Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ian Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 02:58 PM
Everyone,

We have been working on a way for people to be able to sell the audio gear they do not use any more and buy some new Axiom product. The desire to have something like this came up many times in our surveys and phone calls with customers.

The idea was formed to have an auction place on our site for exactly this purpose. We have now finished all the programming and it is ready to try out in beta at http://deals.axiomaudio.com . It would be greatly appreciated if you could let us know what you think of the concept and the usability. We also need to complete the list of categories on the left; so any thoughts there would be great too.

The basic way it works is the following:

A great way to turn your used audio gear into Axiom Dollars.
1. Upon successful completion of the sale of your goods you will receive 100% of the selling price in Axiom Dollars redeemable for anything sold on our website.
2. Axiom will charge the buyer the freight and you will receive a pre-paid label to ship the goods to the successful buyer.
3. Axiom will verify the original purchase date of the product you are selling for the buyer if it was originally purchased from Axiom.

A secure way to purchase used or Axiom refurbished audio products
1. Payments are processed by Axiom.
2. The buyer has 1 week from time of receiving the product to opt to return it to the seller (freight is paid both ways by the buyer).
3. Axiom will return the funds to the buyer if a product is returned less the freight charges.
4. For a quote of the freight charges please e-mail noreen@axiomaudio.com with your zip code and the ID number of the product you wish to bid on.
5. All Axiom Refurbished products are sold with a full warranty, shipping included. Our regular 30-day return policy applies.

This will also be a vehicle that we will use to sell refurbished, overstock, or factory seconds of Axiom products we may have from time to time. To give everyone the ability to try it out we have put some overstock products and some products we used in a photo shoot up for auction. If you want to bid on these (for real, not as a test bid) or list a product of your own you can log in using your e-mail address associated with your Axiom account (not your message board account) and password. If you do not have an Axiom account we will be finishing off the ability to make one at http://deals.axiomaudio.com later today. Soon we will also have available an automatic freight quoting option. All you would need to do is put in your zip code and the program will come back with a freight quote on the item you want to bid on. In the meantime Noreen will respond quickly by e-mail with the freight quotes.

Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 03:35 PM
This sounds really good. The only issue I can think of is that most people selling equipment will want to apply the Axiom Dollars to the purchase of the new speakers they bought a week *before* selling the old ones...

The obvious solution is to "suck it up" and survive a few weeks without speakers (between selling the old and receiving the new), but I think most people here would rather donate a kidney or something instead ;\)

Questions aside, thank you very much for setting this up.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 03:39 PM
Very cool and will be useful to sell my vp150 when I have the funds to upgrade. Thank you Axiom.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:13 PM
Yeah, this is cool! Now I can put my M60tis up for sale and patiently wait to buy some M80s. Patience is gonna be the hardest part!

BTW...does Axiom still offer the 'trade up' program?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:24 PM
I would like to upgrade my IWOW VP100 for an OW (preferably) or an IWOW VP150. Black (or Cinnamon Beech. Yeah, like there's going to be a glut of THEM...) But, not right now... Money issues... etc, etc.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: sonicfox
BTW...does Axiom still offer the 'trade up' program?

I would like to know also, in case I trade up my VP150 to VP180.

Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:40 PM
Interesting concept indeed. Ties me into a future Axiom purchase but it gets rid of all the call taking, starnge visitors and haggling and such. I really dislike that whole process and those things are why I rarely put anything up for sale when I should and then I end up giving something away or letting it disappear into the closet universe. I could see me using this someday.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:47 PM
I too am wondering if this might replace the Trade Up program. I can see this being usefull for those of us with older Axioms while the trade up program could remain for those with newer speakers that garner more money from the trade up.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:50 PM
Sounds like an interesting project. Just a couple comments and questions.

Originally Posted By: Ian

1. Upon successful completion of the sale of your goods you will receive 100% of the selling price in Axiom Dollars redeemable for anything sold on our website

If my assumption is correct that the “selling price” you are referring to here is the winning bid you might want to make the wording more specific or someone might mistakenly think it’s the original selling price.

If the Axiom dollars are received “upon successful completion of the sale” can they be spent immediately? If so what happens if the buyer changes their mind and returns the item?

I see a potential for fraud in the present arrangement. I could put my speakers up for auction and have a friend (Sean would be to obvious) put in a high bit that is say only 10% - 20% below the original selling price (have to keep it somewhat real). I keep my speakers and buy the ones that my friend wants using my Axiom dollars meaning I’m getting the speakers for 10% - 20% of what they really cost. Under the present arrangement I see no way of preventing this type of scam happening at least once per buyer. Perhaps more if they are sneaky about how they do it. Doing this someone could easily get Axiom speakers for themselves or others for 80%-90% off the retail price.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:51 PM
I would still prefer to sell/buy used privately. There is very much a gray area buying used audio gear online and I prefer the matters being dealt with directly between buyer/seller. As a buyer/seller of used gear they are assuming all the risk and to have the funds tied up with a middleman complicates matters especially if problems arise with the product and refunds. For example an individual buys a used receiver and it breaks down in 14 days. That is past the return period but as a seller I would still refund them but can't because that money is tied up in credit. As a credible seller I still refund them the money and take a big hit. Getting cash on a sale is always better than store credit and any small unused credit after upgrading is pretty much useless like $20 or possibly even $100. I would rather have that $20 or $100 in my pocket.

The only advantage I see over selling privately in a classifieds section on a audio forum with Paypal is transaction security and bringing a level of legitimacy to the seller.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:52 PM
Ian, do you have packing materials available if a current owner made the mistake of discarding the original ones?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 05:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Ian, do you have packing materials available if a current owner made the mistake was forced to discard the original ones?
Fixed it ;\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 06:00 PM
Thanks, Jay. \:\)
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 06:01 PM
One potential problem that I can see is to have the buyer return the product, only by this time it's been damaged (perhaps by the buyer).

Always the pessimist.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 07:16 PM
Ian, do you have packing materials available if a current owner made the mistake of discarding the original ones?

For some inexplicable reason it looks as though I may have made the very same mistake Tom and packaging was the first thought to hit my mind whenever I saw the new auction. Overall this looks like the perfect avenue for folks like me who would rather drive nails into their eyeballs than to go through the hassle of selling stuff and it looks like a great way to finally add that other subwoofer I've been procrastinating for so long.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 10:29 PM
I would imagine shipping packaging materials at the cost of the seller along with the shipping label wouldn't be a problem. One of the problems with buying used equipment is the risk involved with shipping. I bet most individuals do not keep the original boxes and the best and most safe way to ship would be the materials that are designed for the actual product- cardboard boxes, foam inserts and the plastic wrapping for the speaker (to keep moisture out). Say you are shipping multiple items and don't have the original boxes and materials, I could see this significantly eating away at your margins.

There definitely should be costs outlined on the site for the packaging materials for every single Axiom product. With a program such as this, a lot of individuals will find it useful and it also offer some protection by eliminating any gray area between the seller/buyer that the products are properly shipped.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/17/10 10:38 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me, of course I already new about it. \:\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/18/10 02:42 AM
Ian, it isn't entirely clear to me if the proposed auction program would affect the Factory Outlet program. You mention that the auction would also serve as a vehicle for the sale of "refurbished, overstock, or factory seconds". The reference to refurbished used items is understood, but are not overstocked or factory seconds the present source for the Outlet sales?
Posted By: Ian Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/18/10 07:57 AM

Everyone,

Thank you very much for all the feedback. I have a few musings below:

We do have packaging and cartons available to purchase for anyone who does not have their original packaging. This of course only helps if you are selling an Axiom product. We are planning on launching a page soon that will have for sale most of our parts; this seems like the perfect place to have available all the cartons and packaging.

There is always a risk of damage in freight. Insuring the shipments can help but the packaging needs to be proper or the claim will just be refused by the courier company.

The thought was to launch this program along side the current factory outlet. You would have a choice of buying seconds the way it works now or going into the auction area to see about getting an even better deal and getting it faster. The trade-up program we have been using will not be available any longer.

Grunt was wondering if there could be abuse by doing a fake sale to a friend. I have been trying to figure out the math on how this would be possible but I can’t get there. It has made me realize however that we need to be clearer on a few of our points: it is the winning bid amount that is received in Axiom Dollars and Axiom Dollars cannot be used to buy another item offered by a 3rd party seller in the auction area. The Axiom Dollars only become available after the 1 week has passed where the buyer has the option to return the product to the seller.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/18/10 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Ian

Grunt was wondering if there could be abuse by doing a fake sale to a friend. I have been trying to figure out the math on how this would be possible but I can’t get there. It has made me realize however that we need to be clearer on a few of our points: it is the winning bid amount that is received in Axiom Dollars and Axiom Dollars cannot be used to buy another item offered by a 3rd party seller in the auction area. The Axiom Dollars only become available after the 1 week has passed where the buyer has the option to return the product to the seller.

I think I was mistaken on who received what in payment. I was assuming that the seller got the Axiom dollars in addition to the selling price from the buyer. In which case the scam works. However, in rereading the rules it does sound like Axiom keeps the buyers money and the seller receives the Axiom dollars instead. In which case the scam doesn’t work.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/18/10 09:06 AM
I see. The present auction page shows four items; three being Factory Outlet and one being "New". However, the category listing on the left shows "Axiom refurbs(4)", although none of the present four are actually used and refurbished. If the auction program is going to include such items it would be appropriate to include separate category listings such as "Factory Outlet" and "Overstock".
Posted By: Ian Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/18/10 12:26 PM

Fredk,

This is a good point. We need to change this category to "overstock and refurb". The items we put in here to have as starting examples are all custom finishes and some of those are seconds. The factory outlet only has stock finishes.
Posted By: Emzdogz Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/22/10 01:34 PM
wow, how often do subs show up in this section? I sooooooo need a subwoofer, to compliment my much loved M3's.... Wish there were one now! at those kind of discounts I'd buy one immediately.
\:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/22/10 01:41 PM
Hi Em, haven't seen you here for a while! If you sign up for the Axiom Owner's Club, I remember seeing a number of subs there. Look under the "Store" icon for the Owner's Club.
Posted By: Emzdogz Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/22/10 01:55 PM
thanks Adrian!
I'm really loving my M3's. I can't get over how good they sound and that I finally have good speakers.
OK am going to wander over and check out the Owner's Club now.
thanks again.
\:\)
Posted By: Captain4105 Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/10 07:44 AM
Are these refurb's V3's?
Posted By: bdpf Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/10 08:01 PM
What would be nice to have on the auction page is the shipping cost for Canada/Canada, US/US, Canada/US for each of the Axiom products so potential buyers don't have to email Axiom every time to know the shipping cost. Just an idea.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/10 09:05 PM
I think that if Axiom is selling the product, the shipping is rolled in. Otherwise, it will depend on the originating and destination zip codes. I think all the products currently listed are from Axiom.
Posted By: bdpf Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/10 10:26 PM
Yes but it will not be when private sells will happen, in that case, buyer pays the shipping as I understand.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/10 10:37 PM
I believe Ian's first post mentioned that shipping would be calculated from buyer to seller. If I were not on dial-up I would check myself ;\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/10 11:21 PM
Yep, Buyer pays shipping from seller to his home, but what wasn't clear was whether or not the shipping will be done through Axiom's various accounts to save the buyer a little with the cost of shipping.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/10 11:27 PM
Ahh, good point... I never thought of that.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/10 11:33 PM
From the initial announcement: Axiom will charge the buyer the freight and you will receive a pre-paid label to ship the goods to the successful buyer.

Axiom is arranging the shipping so it would be logical for them to use their own account to reduce cost.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/25/10 05:10 AM
I must have missed that part, thanks Eric. \:\)
Posted By: Potatohead Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/25/10 06:21 PM
As far as I know (at least where I work) shipping discounts on your account only apply when the product is picked up at your main location, they do not apply when you are sending someone a label. We use UPS, so perhaps Purolator or FedEx is different.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/29/10 12:10 AM
I see that a few people are already trying the auctions--there's some M80tis starting at $200, and a VP150v2 for $1!

So tempted by the M60s, but if there's one thing I don't need it's more towers.

Now, if someone wants to put up some QS8s in Vermont Maple or Boston Cherry....
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/29/10 01:26 AM

Where do you find the auction page?
Posted By: bdpf Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/29/10 01:29 AM
http://deals.axiomaudio.com
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/29/10 01:33 AM

Thanks.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/29/10 01:37 AM
What exactly is an 'Axiom Refurb'? I notice a pair of those speakers are annotated as 'New' and the others are 'Factory Outlet' ... sounds to me like the 'Axiom Refurb' is whatever comes direct from Axiom rather than an individual.
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/29/10 01:44 AM
Good question. I interpreted it as reconditioned in some way, possibly from a trade up?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/29/10 02:37 AM
They should clarify what that section means. I think those 4 are all fresh-from-the-factory, though. That's pure supposition on my part.

Further guessing--the ones that say new were for a photo shoot. The ones that say factory outlet are exactly that--scratch and dents that were shunted off the line.
Posted By: 2packer Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/30/10 07:14 PM
Is there a way to tell what the closed auctions went for that you didn't bid on?

I was the high bidder on the M60's in Silver. Not a huge fan of the silver finish, but the price for new was just wayyyyyy to good to pass up.

Now I gotta sit and wait impatiently for them to show up. I wish the auction would have ended a few days ago so I'd have them for our 4th of July party. Yes, us here in America celebrate July 4th.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/30/10 09:43 PM
If you still have the links in your browser history you can get at them that way.

If there are some you are particularly interested in you could add them to Favorites and check back after the Auction closes.

Thanks
snazzed
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/06/10 09:30 PM
I can't find the Axiom Auction, except through the link in this thread in the forum, other that a few others here that were placed by forum members. Axiom may be reluctant to put it boldly on their home page, but IMO that's where it belongs. How are customers going to know about and find the auction unless they magically know where to go? I'd be reluctant to use this auction, if only a few forum members are even going to look at it. Just look at the contents. There are 2 items in it. It seems as if everyone else is thinking the same thing, perhaps.

Instead of working against them, as they may be thinking, it could very well work in their favor, by increasing traffic to their site.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/06/10 09:32 PM
Well, it is a beta system, but I tend to agree with you on putting it on the front page, or at least a prominent link off of the forums.
Posted By: 2packer Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/07/10 04:04 AM
yes, now that I got me a set of M60's for dirt cheap I think others can know about the site. I'm not buying anything else for a while.
Posted By: stevef Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/07/10 05:54 PM
Hello everyone! I am the successful bidder on the pair of the M50's. I consider myself extremely fortunate to win and look forward to their arrival tomorrow. I agree with the comments that the beta was hard to find for new potential customers/casual visitors to the site but heavily marketing a beta site can be counter productive if there are any glitches. The low key implemetation risk is that beta users may get incredible deals (which I did)but Axiom can quitely address any issues that may or may not have occurred during the process. My transaction to date has been handled in a professional,customer focused manner. I will update the forum when the speakers arrive.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/07/10 06:22 PM
Incredible deals are nice for the buyer, but without wider visibility I wouldn't want to be a seller trying to get the most bidders looking at my item.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/07/10 10:37 PM
I'm sure Axiom will release a more "production" release when they are ready, at that time I'm sure it will be more visable. After all, it is in pilot at this time.
Posted By: HTGEEK Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/11/10 10:35 PM
I have a pair of M60's I just posted on the auction site last night. Looking to sell them quickly if anybody is interested..
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/12/10 07:03 AM
Hey, no posting about selling gear on the.....wait I guess that doesn't apply anymore, need to change those rules now too. smile
Posted By: HTGEEK Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/12/10 11:33 AM
I wasn't sure if it would be okay to let people know I had just posted that on there. BTW...I just dropped the selling price some in hopes of moving the speakers..;)
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/12/10 01:41 PM
Still, I'd rather not see the forums turn into, "hey, I've got something on the auctions." If people are looking to buy, they can go look to see what's for sale.

EDIT: Or possibly start an official thread/area on the forum just for posts of this type.
Posted By: HTGEEK Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/12/10 01:48 PM
I think an official thread would work.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/12/10 04:57 PM
Well, we are in the Auctions thread so posting such things in here should be OK.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/12/10 06:13 PM
? for Ian or whomever can answer.
I noticed the current set of M60s for auction are listed as in the US with no International shipping. Is Canada excluded when the speakers are in the US and vice versa? Seems odd that as a Canadian company you wouldn't allow it although I can see how it could complicate Axiom billing the buyer for shipping when duty can be such a seemingly random thing. Then again, should I even pay duty on a Canadian made item to bring it Back to Canada????

To be honest, I'm not interested in buying this item but I am very curious for the future.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/12/10 06:42 PM
Canada and the United States are a part of NAFTA and since Axiom products say made in Canada you should not have to pay any duty. Brokerage and HST I am not sure how and if it would apply.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/12/10 10:59 PM
Both would apply, especially if shipped via UPS.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/10 12:57 AM
One thing I realized on the auctions is that most of people don't ship internationally. Guess that this will be a huge setback for me whenever I want to sell mines, since the shipping from Japan to US, Canada is very high! Hopefully the trade up program will continue otherwise will be a very strong factor to decide on going with Axiom's or not for people abroad. Well at least for me it is! Since I wish to trade up my M22's for M80's in a near future! smile
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/10 02:10 AM
When did you get your M22s?
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/10 03:14 AM
Mine are arriving next week I guess. But I am already thinking of a new acquisition. LOL
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/10 03:16 AM
If you give them back to Axiom within 30 days, you get full credit towards your upgrade.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/10 03:49 AM
I guess that I have no other choice than that anymore since the trade up program is gone. But I think they will be way too big for my actual room.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/10 12:03 PM
I never heard them but from all accounts here, you will be equally satisfied with the M22s compared to the M80s you might be considering as you have mentioned your room is not overly large.

I normally don't like to give third hand advice but I don't like to see people spend unnecessary money either.

In the end though, my advice is.....whatever makes you the happiest without breaking the bank.
Posted By: Ian Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/18/10 10:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are working now on updating the Auction Page to get it ready to go live in the “Products” drop down menu on our main nav. There will be a lot of changes to make it much easier to use. One of the features we will be adding is the shipping calculator. Initially it will be for shipping within Canada and the USA but shortly thereafter we be looking at the options to expand it to anywhere in the world.
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/18/10 10:40 PM
Will there be a 'request a logon' option in the live version? I know there are a number of Axiomites who do not have a member logon (I'm one of them) that may want to either buy or sell.
Posted By: Pitbull24 Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/19/10 12:54 AM
Fred,
Have you tried your forum login and password? That works for me at Owner's Club as well.
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/19/10 01:35 AM
Tried that. It doesn't work.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/19/10 04:27 AM
There's a big ol' register now link in the middle. Does that not work?

EDIT: it would appear to, but I'd like to see that form secured.
Posted By: smaggard Re: Axiom Auctions - 08/19/10 04:24 PM
Will there be a way to contact the seller directly with questions. For instance if it states they will not ship to the US, and it hasn't sold after xx days then perhaps they would consider shipping to the US after all. Is there way to ask this of a seller, either publicly or privately?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 08/19/10 04:31 PM
Looks like if you click View Active Auctions on the item page, then you see a link to the person's email addy.
Posted By: smaggard Re: Axiom Auctions - 08/19/10 04:42 PM
Doh I think think that's the only thing I didn't click on LOL smile

thanks!

Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Looks like if you click View Active Auctions on the item page, then you see a link to the person's email addy.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 08/20/10 12:13 PM
Just throwing this out to Axiom to consider. On other threads people have expressed the ability for "wanted" or "want to buy" items. Because of forum rules, which are pretty lax, people hesitate to mention for sale/wanted items. Maybe Axiom can add a WTB section on the auction website, so others can see what people are looking for or interested in purchasing?
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 08/20/10 04:36 PM
I like that idea.
Posted By: Ian Re: Axiom Auctions - 08/21/10 11:48 AM

CV

I really like this idea too. I will put it on the list of things to change/add to the auction site. We are getting very close to putting the auction site on our main nav; maybe Tuesday.
Posted By: Chevy Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/24/10 09:16 PM
I'm suprised !!!! auction are in USD only ???

i am not too familliar with convertions

in my head, i'm still in Fahrenheit !!! lol
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/24/10 10:02 PM
Pretty much at par these days.
Posted By: Philippe Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/25/10 12:48 AM
Just bough a pair of M80 this week and that was listed is usd but the total was charge in cnd
Posted By: 72mustang Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 04:57 PM
How come the factory outlet link takes me directly to the Auction site? Have we lost the FO option now?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 05:00 PM
Yes - that was announced some time ago.
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 05:00 PM
Looks like it. Axiom announced this a while ago.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 05:00 PM
Yes the old FO is gone now the speakers are sold at the same 10% discount through the auction site.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 07:08 PM
Is the owner's club also redundant now?
Posted By: a401classic Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 09:06 PM
I can still log in and the stuff there is different than the auction site.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 10:29 PM
I think what doesn't sell on the owners club will end up on the Auction site, but I suspect even the owner's club will cease to exist eventually.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 11:40 PM
I think there will still be some sort of special program for owners. However, what it is may change.
Posted By: 72mustang Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/26/10 11:56 PM
excuse my ignorance... but what is the owners club? Owners of Axioms or owner of the website/corporation?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 12:11 AM
Owners of Axiom speakers.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 03:16 AM
I don't see a link anymore for the owners club. Maybe I'm missing it?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 04:07 AM
Here .
Posted By: 72mustang Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 04:21 AM
Hi. I tried to log on and it wont work. None of the links on that page work either. Guess Im just a loser in life.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 04:30 AM
Bruce, if you enter the correct email address and password the log in occurs and the links work. If you're registered as a Club member using that password, email Axiom to see why it isn't being recognized.
Posted By: 72mustang Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 04:59 AM
I'll have to contact them. It wont accept my email address when I try to log on with " Send my password " as Ive never registered on the Owners group before. I also tried the log on section with my email address and password. Wont work there either.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 05:04 AM
Yes, contact Axiom to register. The Owners Club has a separate password.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 05:05 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe you have to receive an e-mail from Axiom to join the owners club. Once you get that e-mail then you can register, join and enjoy the benefits.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 05:10 AM
Yes, but Bruce got his Axioms about two years ago; he should have been notified a few months afterward, but maybe he became invisible.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 08:04 AM
I believe there has been issues in the past trying to log on to the Owner's Club, whenever we received the last Owner's Club email (last week?) it took me three tries with my user name and password before I was able to log on and in the past I have had to contact Axiom to get logged on.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 12:02 PM
I was never extended an invitation, but I'm always been able to log in.

I just tried and it still lets me in.

I've had my eyes on the "Custom VP150 Center Channel in Cinnamon Beech". But I figure if I'm going to spend that much, I might as well get it in V3.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 06:52 PM
I can't recall having received owner's club emails in quite sometime, but I do go there on my own every once in awhile.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 08:25 PM
Say if I wanted to sell my Axioms, but no longer have the boxes and packing material...any suggestions on where to get large boxes for speakers? Do you have FedEx/UPS package them for you?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 08:30 PM
One option would be to contact Axiom, they might be able to send you what you need for a small fee.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 08:35 PM
Mary: U-Haul "stores" usually sell a box that's called a "wardrobe" box. It's about 20 x 20 x 42", if I remember.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 08:44 PM
+1 Randy's suggestion.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 10:15 PM
Originally Posted By: sonicfox
Say if I wanted to sell my Axioms, but no longer have the boxes and packing material...any suggestions on where to get large boxes for speakers? Do you have FedEx/UPS package them for you?

Regarding boxes from electronics etc.- It really bugs me when companies make the box a necessity of returning the product for whatever reason. Who keeps the boxes for anything, and who has the space.....not me.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
+1 Randy's suggestion.

+1 for Adrian's suggestion of Randy's excellent suggestion.

Ray's suggestion was OKAY wink grin .
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 10:20 PM
I happen to still have my 3808 box, but my Axiom boxes are long gone.

Just as Randy suggested, I would call Axiom and have them ship out boxes and I would also enquire about the styrofoam packaging material they have and see if that comes with it.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 10:35 PM
Those boxes can't be "cheap"

I'd expect Axiom to provide a different "deal" on the boxes and packing material if you were selling your speakers through the Axiom Auctions page rather than just getting the boxes so that you could sell/ship them some other way.
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 10:39 PM
Styrofoam packing does come with the boxes. Axiom probably will charge you for the boxes, it isn't much.

I did this 4 years ago when I moved.

Funny, now that I actually paid for the boxes, I don't thow them out.

For electonics it seems like if you want to sell the item, you can get a few more bucks for it if you have the original box. I think there is a perception that if you keep the box, you take better care of the item. seems silly to me though.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/27/10 10:48 PM
I've kept all my boxes, if one packages them carefully, you would be supprised that they all fit inside of each other with the EP600 box being the biggest in my case. another option is to collapse them flat and they take up little room up against a basement wall or whatever.
Posted By: davidsch Re: Axiom Auctions - 09/28/10 11:35 AM
All of my boxes are up in the attic.
Posted By: pinoy168 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/15/10 11:27 PM
Totally new to auctions, so was wondering what happens at expiry. Does the best bidder automatically win? Or does the seller have the option to sell or not at the best bid price at that time? Thanks.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/16/10 12:30 AM
I haven't used Axioms auction, but I sell and buy items on Ebay frequently. Assuming it's similar, as auctions are pretty universal. The winning bid is final unless the seller sets a reserve, in which case the item won't sell unless the reserve (lowest price the seller is willing to sell the item for) is met.
Posted By: pinoy168 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 09:37 AM
watched while i got outbid (by $1) at the last second yesterday. like i said, am totally new to auctions. is this how it really goes? suppose congratulations are in order to the winning bidders ...
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 01:16 PM
Originally Posted By: pinoy168
watched while i got outbid (by $1) at the last second yesterday. like i said, am totally new to auctions. is this how it really goes? suppose congratulations are in order to the winning bidders ...

If Axiom Auction does not provide automatic bidding to the maximum one is willing to pay, it opens the door to last minute bidders and that is truly unfair. Did you make sure you could not have set in advance an automatic bid if someone tried to outbid you by 1$?
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 03:52 PM
Setting a maximum bid that you're willing to pay is the norm, but it's very common to have someone bidding repeatedly in the last minute until they're the top bidder. I've done it on Ebay numerous times, and have also been the one, frustratingly, outbid.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 03:53 PM
Hi pinoy168.

I helped them test the system when it was still in beta and EFalardeau is correct, the Axiom system will allow you to enter your maximum value, and will increment as necessary. (Unless they have since removed it)

Example, you are willing to pay up to $250 for the Bid Item? Enter $250.

CompetitorA bids $100, your bid should automatically increment to $101.

CompetitorB Bids $225, your bid should increment to $226

CompetitorC Bids $300... well, no help there. You lose. smile

That way you don't have to be at your keyboard watching the item all the tiem. However, please note this doesn't safeguard against last minute hawks. If CompetitorC above bids $300, and CompetitorD sits and waits and with 1min to go Bids $301, C is out of luck.

They key here (and at eBay or other) is to either:

A) Bid the *most you are willing to pay and not 1 dollar less* and if someone else goes higher, accept that you didn't want to pay more.

B) Do the last minute thing. If you are willing to pay $1 more than the going bid with 2min to go, then do so. However, you can still get beat if a previous bidder had a higher Maximum.

Aren't online Auctions FUN! laugh

snazzed
Posted By: casey01 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:07 PM
In my opinion, I think the time frame for bidding, especially on "Axiom direct" products is just too long. Perhaps there was a reason for this but three weeks or longer just seems far too long a period to conduct an auction without encouraging the obvious process of potential bidders waiting around until the last minute to bid while another one has been sitting for awhile. Under this current set-up I have asked myself, "why bid early"? There seems to be no point.

It might be unrealistic, but,to me I think if we knew the auction was only going to be for a few days,more and maybe a little higher bids might be forthcoming earlier so there would be less time for the last-minute stuff to occur.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:13 PM
I agree that the auctions are too long.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:14 PM
I'll probably agree when I want something that's on auction and I don't get it.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:17 PM
I have to say I kind of prefer how the Factory Outlet stuff is done now through the auction site, though. You can do the instant buy for the same 10% off, but now you don't have to wait for weeks like before, since it's something they already have ready to go.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:19 PM
Looks like all of the Axiom speakers have a Buy Now price on them, which makes the 30 days make more sense. You don't want to keep posting stuff every 6 days if you expect most people to use the buy now link.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:33 PM
Problem is that the “Buy Now” link is disabled as soon as someone places any bid, even below the “Buy Now” price. IMO that option shouldn’t be disabled until the “Buy Now” price is exceeded as I don’t think to many people are going to bid over the 10% markdown point anyway. Or at least it should stay open for a week or so as long as no bids have exceeded it.

I was going to pay the “Buy Now” price on the black VP180 but before I decided to someone placed a minimum bid. Sure I could now place a “Buy Now” bid and wait 30 days just to have someone out bid me by a dollar at the last minute. Sorry not interested in those games or the wait.

Actually Axiom should rethink the Auction and just go with straight discount pricing on B-stock like most if not all other companies. IMO the waiting period for the auction is a deal killer.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:35 PM
Pretty much par for the course because of eBay, though.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:36 PM
Yes but Axiom is supposed to have better customer service than eBay, or so the rumor goes. wink
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:39 PM
Customer service is not quite the same as changing the behavior of the Buy Now button... in fact, I would wager that that behavior is not customizable, and Axiom's using off the shelf auction software.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:47 PM
I think the seed of the general sentiment of displeasure I'm hearing is the fact that there's now competition between buyers, whereas before it was first come, first served. At least on the factory outlet items. Seems fair to me, and certainly par for the course where auctions are concerned.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:51 PM
Yep, Peter, just as I mentioned.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 05:52 PM
I guess it gets back to that old adage "there is a price to pay for everything". I, myself, preferred the "factory outlet" set-up because I knew, even if I had to wait, I would be able to buy pretty well anything in the entire product line that I wanted at the 10% discount. With the auction, only a handful of product is available at any given time and there is no guarantee that my bid will secure the product even if it is one I am looking for. Quite frankly, even the owner's club volume of available product and the option of making an offer on them, to me anyway, is just as or even more attractive than the auction.

Alas, I guess that is why cars come in many different colors.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:04 PM
I can’t speak for others but for me the issue isn’t competition it’s the waiting period once the bidding starts. It’s still first come first serve if you get the item before anyone has placed a bid so that’s not completely gone. However, to me the issue is the wait. Might not be as bad if the waiting wasn’t so long. It was one thing to buy from the factory outlet with a 4 week wait knowing you would get your product by then or sooner. Now you have to always wait a month and still may not get what you want, meaning placing an order and waiting again.

I just think Axiom will move their B-stock faster if they go to straight discount pricing instead of dragging out an auction. I’m not sure what the auction results have been so far or there is even enough data to look at but I imagine not to many people have paid over the 10% markdown while bidding and probably less.

I don’t begrudge Axiom trying something new but if auctioning B-stock was a good business idea I imagine other audio companies would also be doing it. I imagine most companies try to keep their on hand inventory as low as they can and still fill orders in a timely manner. Having an asset sitting around almost guaranteed for 30 days seems like a waste to Axiom and a hassle to most buyers.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:06 PM
I can see that. Maybe if they lowered it to two weeks instead.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:09 PM
Originally Posted By: casey01
I guess it gets back to that old adage "there is a price to pay for everything". I, myself, preferred the "factory outlet" set-up because I knew, even if I had to wait, I would be able to buy pretty well anything in the entire product line that I wanted at the 10% discount. With the auction, only a handful of product is available at any given time and there is no guarantee that my bid will secure the product even if it is one I am looking for. Quite frankly, even the owner's club volume of available product and the option of making an offer on them, to me anyway, is just as or even more attractive than the auction.

I agree that the “factory outlet” method was better for the customer however it had to be expensive for Axiom. As you point out the volume of product available for auction is low. This indicates to me that Axiom had to fill most FO orders with A-stock and only shipped B-stock if it was actually available. As we can see from the auction site there’s not nearly enough B-stock to fulfill the FO orders Axiom must have been receiving, something I always suspected.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:11 PM
Can't the timeframe be chosen by the individual selling the item?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:16 PM
Absolutely. But in this case, Axiom is choosing 4 weeks as the time frame.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:23 PM
Four weeks? I knew they were long, but that's too long of a time frame (appreciate the correction, Ken smile ) IMO.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:27 PM
Originally Posted By: grunt
I can’t speak for others but for me the issue isn’t competition it’s the waiting period once the bidding starts. It’s still first come first serve if you get the item before anyone has placed a bid so that’s not completely gone. However, to me the issue is the wait. Might not be as bad if the waiting wasn’t so long. It was one thing to buy from the factory outlet with a 4 week wait knowing you would get your product by then or sooner. Now you have to always wait a month and still may not get what you want, meaning placing an order and waiting again.

I just think Axiom will move their B-stock faster if they go to straight discount pricing instead of dragging out an auction. I’m not sure what the auction results have been so far or there is even enough data to look at but I imagine not to many people have paid over the 10% markdown while bidding and probably less.

I don’t begrudge Axiom trying something new but if auctioning B-stock was a good business idea I imagine other audio companies would also be doing it. I imagine most companies try to keep their on hand inventory as low as they can and still fill orders in a timely manner. Having an asset sitting around almost guaranteed for 30 days seems like a waste to Axiom and a hassle to most buyers.

In conjunction with what I mentioned above, I would fully concur with what you have said. I may be wrong, but the only reason I can think that Axiom replaced the "factory outlet" set-up with the auction was as "B-stock" items became available perhaps it was a way of disposing them quicker and at a little higher price otherwise, I must admit and perhaps I am missing something here, BUT I really don't see any other reason for the change in approach.

Here again, the only problem with this process is you better hope what you have available is what your customers want otherwise I don't think anyone is going to be too keen on paying more than 90% of the NEW price otherwise one might as well buy it NEW and be guaranteed getting it quicker without the wait and hassle.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By: grunt
Originally Posted By: casey01

I agree that the “factory outlet” method was better for the customer however it had to be expensive for Axiom. As you point out the volume of product available for auction is low. This indicates to me that Axiom had to fill most FO orders with A-stock and only shipped B-stock if it was actually available. As we can see from the auction site there’s not nearly enough B-stock to fulfill the FO orders Axiom must have been receiving, something I always suspected.

The Just In Time Inventory (JIT) strategy employed with the Factory Outlet must have some benefits as well even with some A-stock inventory thrown in with the B-Stock. But I think you nailed it again Grunt. With the popularity of the FO and the amount of product volume that shows up in the auction site they must have been fulfilling FO orders with some A-Stock which in turn would be hurting margins. I agree with the others that the auction serves no benefit to the consumer over the outlet. In fact the FO being superior because you can order a full matching home theatre system at discounted pricing anytime but the cost cutting measures seems reasonable.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:42 PM
Customer service is not quite the same as changing the behavior of the Buy Now button... in fact, I would wager that that behavior is not customizable, and Axiom's using off the shelf auction software.

I'm pretty sure they can fix it. I'll let their developer know.

Also, I can speculate why they would put the Factory Outlet stuff in the Auction Site and have long auction durations. Traffic.

Speculation:
Initially the Auction site was for customers to sell used gear. However I imagine PreOwned listings would be few and far between. Just have a look now. How many Used items are in there? As of right now, zero. Its all B-Stock.

Also having longer durations means the listings stay there for longer and can accumulate.

If the Auction Site was PreOwned only, or included B-Stock with short (1 week?) durations the inventory levels would be low enough that I think most of us would stop checking it... "Hey, lets check the Deals site again! Oh. Still empty."

This way they keep good inventory levels and we keep coming back to look.

/speculation

snazzed
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
I agree with the others that the auction serves no benefit to the consumer over the outlet

Again, I appreciated being able to use the Buy Now option at the 10% off price and not have to wait multiple weeks before having my order filled, as I would have under the old Factory Outlet.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:47 PM
Just a thought, but do B-stock items get used as floor models in stores? It most certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Just a thought, but do B-stock items get used as floor models in stores? It most certainly wouldn't surprise me.

If you mean floor models being sold as B-Stock, then yes. They are appropriately labeled on sale as "open box" or even stated as a floor model. They usually come at significantly discounted pricing.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 07:12 PM
I am aware of floor models being sold as you state, Dr. But I actually meant stores using B-stock speakers (instead of unblemished ones) as floor models rather than manufacturers just throwing them out. Then they sell the floor models as B-stock, and blemishes are accounted for in the discounted price.

It wouldn't be common knowledge, but it makes sense.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 07:23 PM
I am aware of floor models being sold as you state, Dr. But I actually meant stores using B-stock speakers (instead of unblemished ones) as floor models rather than manufacturers just throwing them out. Then they sell the floor models as B-stock, and blemishes are accounted for in the discounted price.

It wouldn't be common knowledge, but it makes sense.

Sure, that's possible but not wise for the seller. That inventory can be moved much faster if it is sold as b-stock/open box right away. Cosmetic blemishes which are noticeable on the floor models can be a possible turn off to the buyer and it also looks bad on the store and its workers in general. Ideally you want everything to be pristine.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 07:35 PM
I've never seen B-stock/open box items (Paradigm for example) for sale at my local electronics shop, but I've never inquired either.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 07:38 PM
An electronics store like Future Shop you would.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 07:46 PM
Ah, yes, that makes sense. I've never purchased speakers from them smile .
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 07:51 PM

SHOCKING! shocked ( in a very sarcastic tone of voice and rolling one`s eyes)
Posted By: casey01 Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Dr.House
An electronics store like Future Shop you would.

Isn't EVERYTHING they sell "B-Stock"?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 09:01 PM
Sure seems that way sometimes.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 09:22 PM

Inconsiderate jerks must be taking up the wheelie spaces in the parking lot.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/25/10 10:44 PM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

Inconsiderate jerks must be taking up the wheelie spaces in the parking lot.

laugh
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/26/10 03:29 AM
Even assuming, as Dean points out here, and I and others have also suspected, that some regular stock has to be sold at 10% off as blemished to fill the demand, it's unlikely in my opinion that the increased sales volume hasn't been to Axiom's benefit over the years that Factory Outlet was in effect.

Competition is all very well, but I get quite enough in my life and don't want to play games when I want to buy something. My view is that the present auction setup is a bad arrangement and the Factory Outlet should be reinstated. Returned speakers(factory re-tested)could be specifically listed, as available, and sold at a set discount of possibly 20%.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 01:39 PM
Buy it now should be exactly that. Click the button and you buy it and it is then shipped. Waiting after you click that button is just counterintuitive.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 02:17 PM
I agree. Either change the behavior or change the button. Perhaps "Buy it Soon"
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 02:36 PM
Wait, you guys are saying the Buy Now button doesn't do just that? I thought the complaint was about how the buy now option disappeared after someone bid on the item.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 04:22 PM
It's unfortunate that the auction has been up for this long but these things weren't addressed earlier. Or maybe it has come up but I missed it.

I also think John is spot on (as usual).
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 04:30 PM
OK, hold up. Who here has first hand experience with the auctions, and what problems have you experienced? Being outbid doesn't count as a problem, dudes.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 04:33 PM
Being outbid doesn't count as a problem, dudes.

That's very true.

I know that the four week time frame and "Buy Now" issue were mentioned, and valid in my opinion.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 04:50 PM
Question - can't one or two people on the council go through the entire process to test it out? The order could easily be canceled.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 05:38 PM
I bought M3s through the auction site with the Buy Now. I don't remember any sort of waiting to purchase afterward.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/27/10 07:27 PM
Question - can't one or two people on the council go through the entire process to test it out? The order could easily be canceled.

I'm not on the council, but I was helping them test the site. The BuyNow issue has been brought to Axiom's attention and they will be following it up.

Thanks
snazzed
Posted By: Pet Rock Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/30/10 01:46 AM
Hi all,

I've made several attempts in registering on the auction site, using three different e-mail addresses and I'm 99% certain I'm entering the right email addresses and passwords. I've also not received any email confirmations from registering onto the auction page.

So, either I'm missing something or maybe the registration program is having issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rock
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/30/10 02:50 AM
Well, I'm not sure, I use the same email address/password as I am registered on the forums. I see you only registered here on 10/28. Maybe it takes a day or so, for things to be migrated to the Auction website. You could always call Axiom's 800 number and ask them.

Randy
Posted By: Pet Rock Re: Axiom Auctions - 10/30/10 08:33 PM
Hmm...

What I did was rather in reverse: registered with the auction sight around the beginning of the week and then came here after a few days when things didn't seem to be working out. I've tried the email and password for here and no luck so far... I'll wait until Monday and then take your advice and contact Axiom directly.

Thanks for the advice, Randy!

Rock-- okay, it's actually Rob.
Posted By: Steve H Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 02:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

As most of you know the auctions are a new thing to Axiom and we are working to make them work in a way that keeps everyone happy. We value all of your comments and use them to make the overall user experience a positive one.

The largest issues seem to be with the Buy It Now.
-Rest assured that if an item is listed in the auction, it is ready and available to ship. There is no extra waiting involved. If you use the Buy It Now option you're product will ship after payment is cleared.
-The Buy It Now button disappears after the first bid is placed. This follows standard auction procedures to provide incentive for customers to act quickly. If the Buy It Now option stayed on after bids are placed there certainly will be complaints from bidders who have been waiting for some time just to have someone click the Buy It Now just before the auction closes. Hopefully my next comment will satisfy people on both sides.
-Some do not want to wait 4 weeks just to be outbid. This is understandable so on a trial basis, we will start future auctions for factory outlet items with only a 1 week duration.

Pet Rock -There is a confirmation email you must respond to when you register on the auction site. Please check your junk mail folders or any spam filters you may have to see if this email has been placed there. If you cannot find this email let me know and I will try to resolve the problem.

Thank you everyone for your continued support,

Steve
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 04:09 PM
Steve, nice to "meet" you.

Thanks for the clarification with the Buy It Now button. Also, I really like the idea of shortening the auction time frame.

Axiom is awesome!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 04:17 PM
Steve, welcome to the forums and thanks for the clarifications!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 04:33 PM
Curious if anyone has sold any used items for Axiom bucks? Was the process smooth?
Posted By: Pet Rock Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 05:36 PM
Steve, thanks for the help. I've just checked my email spam filters this morning and nothing is there regarding the auction site on any of the email addresses I used.

Rob
Posted By: Steve H Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 05:58 PM
Rob, I have sent you a PM.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 06:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve H
Hi Everyone,

-The Buy It Now button disappears after the first bid is placed. This follows standard auction procedures to provide incentive for customers to act quickly. If the Buy It Now option stayed on after bids are placed there certainly will be complaints from bidders who have been waiting for some time just to have someone click the Buy It Now just before the auction closes. Hopefully my next comment will satisfy people on both sides.

Interesting... Ebay must have changed because I just checked and you are correct. Placing a bid disables the BuyItNow... I would swear it never used to.

IMHO, and this is only my opinion, it may be "standard" but this is not the correct behavior. When someone Bids they run the risk of losing as long as the Auction is open. Whether by conventional bid or BuyItNow.

I can't see someone bidding and complaining that someone else won the item via the BuyItNow. If you're not willing to pay the BuyItNow price and someone uses the BuyItNow, it is really no different than being outbid by conventional means. The second buyer was willing to pay more.

BuyerA Bids $200 on an item with a BuyNow of $250 and BuyerB pays uses the BuyNow, aka bids $250? Sorry BuyerA, you got outbid.

The only time I can see this raising a complaint is when a buyer is willing to pay *more* than the BuyItNow price...

Example: Listing with opening bid = $100, BuyNow = $250

BuyerA places bid of $300. He's willing to pay it but hopes to get it cheaper through the auto-increment bidding system.

BuyerB bids $200 and the increment system puts BuyerA at $201. BuyerA thinks, "Yay, I'm still only paying $201!"

Until BuyerC comes in and hits the BuyItNow button and gets the item for $250. BuyerA's complaint would then be "But I was willing to pay more than the guy who used the BuyItNow button."

Valid, yes. However, why would you run the risk of paying more than you have to and having to wait extra time until the Auction ends? He should have just used the BuyItNow, paid $250 got the speakers right away and saved himself $50 off what he was willing to pay.

BuyerB doesn't have a leg to stand on... "I bid $200 and someone used the BuyItNow for $250! Not fair!" That makes no sense.

my 2 cents.
snazzed
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 06:27 PM
It has always been the case with eBay that Buy it Now disappeared as soon as someone placed a bid. If you can't wait, buy it now. Otherwise, bid like everyone else.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 06:30 PM
That is my understanding on how it has always worked Ken, as most auction websites. If you really want something "now", then you use "Buy Now". Otherwise, if you want to take your chances, and possibly get the item cheaper, bring on the auction.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 06:33 PM
I see nothing wrong with the Buy Now option disappearing after the first bid. If you want the item right away, use the button before anyone puts a normal bid in. Having the Buy Now option is a luxury, anyway, as you'll see it's not a requirement when listing on eBay. It's a convenience for both the buyer and the seller, as it can save time for both parties. If it's not going to save time, then the seller should have the potential to make more than the Buy Now price.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 06:43 PM
It has always been the case with eBay that Buy it Now disappeared as soon as someone placed a bid. If you can't wait, buy it now. Otherwise, bid like everyone else.

Yeppers, it's always been like that.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 06:49 PM
Quote:
I see nothing wrong with the Buy Now option disappearing after the first bid.

Quote:
If you really want something "now", then you use "Buy Now"

I would agree if everyone saw the item at the same time but not everyone does. In a lower sales volume setting I don't think it works as well. It is entirely possible that someone may never see a BuyItNow button on an item the want.

In a high volume setting with thousands of sellers like EBay it doesn't matter. Wait a day (or a few hours) and there will be a new listing.

I would be frustrated if all I wanted was a pair of FO priced M22s right away and there were 3 listings on the Auction Site but they all had a bid on them already.
Quote:
If you really want something "now", then you use "Buy Now,"
doesn't apply because I don't have that opportunity on the existing listings any more. It has been disabled by the first bidders.

Another set may or may not show up next week. When another set of M22s does show up, what are the odds I will see them first? I guess it makes retail more attractive which is good for Axiom.

(interesting to note there is 1 set of M22s listed right now and they already have a bid on them. If anyone wants to BuyNow on a set of M22s they are out of luck.)

Anyway, as I say... my opinion. I could be wrong.

snazzed

Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/01/10 06:50 PM
Originally Posted By: sirquack
That is my understanding on how it has always worked Ken, as most auction websites. If you really want something "now", then you use "Buy Now". Otherwise, if you want to take your chances, and possibly get the item cheaper, bring on the auction.

Exactly the way it works, Randy. BTW, you should sell your plaques (is that what you call them?) on Ebay. I bet you would do well, especially with designs by request.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 04:04 AM
Originally Posted By: snazzed
I would be frustrated if all I wanted was a pair of FO priced M22s right away and there were 3 listings on the Auction Site but they all had a bid on them already.

Frustrating, yes, but it's just the nature of the beast. However, people have a lot better chance of getting FO prices without the wait under the new auction system as opposed to the old Factory Outlet. You were guaranteed a wait under that system, whereas now you actually have a really decent shot since everything listed is available right now, and all it takes is for the Buy Now option to be available on it. Granted, if you're waiting for a specific model in a specific finish, it could take a while. I guess it doesn't affect me so much because I've always been willing to pay the extra money to get things right away. I only bought my M3s through the auction page because I wanted to try the process out and see if I could actually spot the cosmetic defects, which so far I haven't. Anyway, I prefer the new system, but like you said, it's simply a matter of opinion.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 07:12 AM
I can’t agree that this system is in any way better for the customer than the old FO system. The longest listed waits for the FO were about 4 weeks usually shorter, and items often shipped in half the listed wait time. I know because I own 12 FO speakers from 3 separate orders. Besides who doesn’t want a specific model in a specific finish when ordering speakers? With the FO you could put together a whole system now you might get lucky and find the foundation of your system or fill in a gap if you are really lucky.

I just think Axiom would do better by it’s customers and for itself just to go with straight discount pricing on B-stock like all other online speaker brands that I know of. Just less hassle for everyone that way IMO.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 07:24 AM
Well, even if they go to straight discount pricing, if they do what they're doing now and posting only what's actually available, people will still have to wait for the ones they want. Do you mean they should go back to how it worked before, where they were probably sending A-stock as B-stock when they needed to fulfill orders? That does not seem like every other online speaker brand.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 07:30 AM
As my previous reply here indicates, I'm in complete agreement with Dean's comments.
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 07:42 AM
Originally Posted By: CV
Well, even if they go to straight discount pricing, if they do what they're doing now and posting only what's actually available, people will still have to wait for the ones they want. Do you mean they should go back to how it worked before, where they were probably sending A-stock as B-stock when they needed to fulfill orders? That does not seem like every other online speaker brand.

Clearly they are moving away from the FO model, probably not financially viable at least as it was. I have no problem with that, but IMO it did give people a way to feel they were getting a “deal” w/o Axiom resorting to “sales” like all the other speakers companies. That always had a certain appeal to me.

What I am saying about straight discount pricing is that if they have a B-stock item just post it at the sale price and let someone buy it or not at that price like everyone else does. I’m not saying that Axiom should take pre-orders for B-stock or anything like that just sell what they have at a set price. People can buy it or not just like anywhere else without the hassle of bidding for it.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 09:07 AM
I'd be fine with that.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 12:14 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
As my previous reply here indicates, I'm in complete agreement with Dean's comments.

As my previous reply here indicates, I'm in complete agreement with Dean's comments. smile
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 02:51 PM
I just want to give Dean a back rub.

Wait, what?
Posted By: grunt Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 04:35 PM
Damm Peter that felt good.

I could use a serious massage. I was sick recently and lost about 15 pounds, luckily mostly fat but in order to regain the weight I stopped running and started power lifting again. Not one to do things half-a$$ed I hit the weight full bore. Ouch!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 04:39 PM
Hey Peter, when do we each get a turn? I need one too.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 04:51 PM
I'd rather have some back ribs than a back rub from Peter, if that's ok.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 04:56 PM
MY RIBS ARE NOT FOR SALE
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 05:13 PM
I don't want Peter's hands anywhere near me, unless he's holding a beer for me.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 05:23 PM
Uh, that'd still leave him one free hand.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 05:42 PM
Doh........not good!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 05:45 PM
...in which I'd be holding my own beer.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 05:48 PM
As long as you simply said "beer" and not "beercan," then I suppose it'd be OK w/ Cam.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 07:43 PM
laugh laugh
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/02/10 09:15 PM
I'm sure this was covered earlier in this thread, but if a person sells an Axiom item that is still within the 5 year warranty through the Auctions, is the warranty transferable?
Posted By: Steve H Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/05/10 02:50 PM
Hi Everyone, Today we have put Bid Increments into place. The increments will increase as the bid price goes up. Below is a table to explain how the increments are now set up. I hope everyone is satisfied with the new increments.

Steve

Current Price

Bid Increment

$ 0.01 - $ 99.99

$ 1.00

$ 100.00 - $ 249.99

$ 2.50

$ 250.00 - $ 499.99

$ 5.00

$ 500.00 - $ 999.99

$ 10.00

$ 1000.00 and up

$ 25.00

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/17/10 07:39 PM
Hey, y'all, someone was complaining about no EP800s in the auction site? There's one now...
Posted By: WalksInDarkness Re: Axiom Auctions - 11/27/10 03:22 PM
deleted
Posted By: michael_d Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/10/11 03:32 PM
Suggestion:

Put up a few pictures of the defects noted on the speakers that are up for sale. At least with the Real Wood speakers anyway. There's two sets of real wood M80's up for grabs. It would be nice to see exactly what the "blemishes" are.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/10/11 04:24 PM
I think that's a great idea, Mike. I have often *thought* that, but didn't take time to voice the suggestion.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/10/11 05:30 PM
I have often *thought* that, but didn't take time to voice the suggestion.

Just say it Tom, just say it smile ! Be like Mike laugh .
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/10/11 05:41 PM
It would be helpfull to know what the blemishes were on an auction item before you bid on it. I was looking at some FO M22's last year and inquired to Peter Bell about them and he gave me the lowdown on the finish.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/10/11 07:16 PM
Well, Cam, Mike is one of my heroes wink

Good FleaBay sellers post pictures of the actual item and offer descriptions of known defects. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the same of Axiom. Even though auction items can offer good value, it's still a lot of money. Better to prevent buyer dissatisfaction by communicating fully.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/11/11 06:52 AM
Uh....yeah, right. I'm referring you two to the doc.

I actually posted my thoughts because I was in a "buying mood", AKA: feeling impulsive, when I was looking at the M80 V3 Walnut speakers. I tend to buy shit that I don't need for no good reason from time to time (Costco kills me). If there would have been some more pics of the "blemishes", and they would have been acceptable to me at the time, I would have bought the damn things.But now the mood has passed and I don't want them and I'm looking at carbon fiber hoods for the car. Dam they're expensive......

Moral of story, not everyone in the market for "stuff", feels the need to spend coutless hours researching and price shopping to save three dollars. Sometimes they just want things without any inconvineience. Anyone selling things on the interent need to make the buying desision easy, painless and quick - before the buyers change their mind.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/11/11 07:07 AM
You are so right, Mike. Any obstacle between the customer's money and the thing they want right then is potentially a lost sale.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/11/11 04:45 PM
Costco = Costs you
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/11/11 04:46 PM
Mike + alcohol + internet shopping = economic recovery

Be a patriot, Mike!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/11/11 05:53 PM
Sam Adams: brewer, patriot!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 01:49 AM
The problem is most of the so-called blemishes can't be found anyway, at least that is the case with all the factory outlet speakers I've owned, and my recent vp180. Might be a bit hard, and time consuming for them to waste time taking pictures of this type. jm2c
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 05:41 AM
Randy, that was my experience, too. BUT I recall several posts from the "auction era" that indicated to me that there might be a meaningful difference in finish quality between FO speakers and B-Stock Auction speakers.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 02:46 PM
ahhhh, that is very possible.
Posted By: originalstarlite Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 05:39 PM
First post from a lurker.

I got a "B" VP150 last week off the auction site, and the only flaw I could find was with the grill.

There was this huge rip from one end to the other....just kidding.

When I took the grill off to check out the speakers, one of the pegs had the plastic seat attached to it. That I can live with. On Friday my "B" M60's arrive. I'll give you a shout if I find a scratch made by an ice pick.
Posted By: davidsch Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 05:49 PM
Welcome. With your sense of humor, you should fit right in around here!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 05:58 PM
Welcome! Don't be shy.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: originalstarlite
There was this huge rip from one end to the other....

::Snicker::

Someone ripped one.

Welcome, Bill.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 06:02 PM
I nominate Mark to chair the (dis)Orientation Committee.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 06:10 PM
I think that Mike and Peter are spot on, but I also think that Randy makes a valid point.

I think it would be very time consuming to photograph the blemishes. It's one thing to take a photograph of an entire product, but it's another to adequately capture a small scratch or nick (as an example). There's all kinds of variables like lighting, the angle at which you're taking the photograph etc., that don't come into play to the same extent as standing back a couple feet and taking a picture of an entire speaker. I wouldn't be surprised if it would take a handful of tries to capture a picture that would show a blemish.

Just my 2¢.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 06:16 PM

Just my 2¢.

Sorry, but it just went up to 4 cents.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 06:31 PM
laugh laugh
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 06:35 PM
Watch it Cam...he's taking .01 in commission!

Getting the photo "just right" would be open to interpretation. As Cam mentioned, if you angle the lights low to rake across a blemish, you'll over-emphasize texture. If the light is soft and straight on, you'll de-emphasize it.

In either case, end-customers could complain that it wasn't represented correctly.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 07:07 PM
Well, how about a text description, then?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 07:44 PM
Well, how about a text description, then?

Ah, I can see it now:

"You know how when you're helping your buddy move a sofa bed down from his third floor apartment and it violently pops open on a landing, putting a deep gouge in the wall? Well, this blemish looks like the exact opposite of that. 'Tis but a scratch."
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/12/11 08:13 PM
Yup, great analogy Peter :-) .
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/13/11 06:23 PM
I put my black VP100 in/on-wall for sale on the Auction site.

How is shipping handled? I see where the buyer pays for the shipping. I suppose that Axiom collects the bid money plus shipping cost from the buyer. Then, I'm guessing that Axiom then electronically sends me a shipping label?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 04:18 AM
My VP100 isn't getting any love. 2 bids at $2.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 03:14 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I liked the Factory Outlet site/idea a whole lot better than the Auction stuff. If I want an auction, I'll hit up Audiogon or eBay.

With the F/O, if I decided *today* that I wanted a pair of M2's, I'd just go order them from the outlet knowing that they'd be as good as the full-priced ones. All stock was always available. Easy to navigate, easy to order. 8 weeks later, hooray.

I can't do that anymore. Now I've got to either pay full price for 'new' ones, or I visit the auction site to find that there are 6 sets of speakers for sale, none of which are what I want. Blah.

I don't know. I guess I just miss the discount + awesomeness was that was the Factory Outlet. Or am I missing something?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 03:20 PM
This has been beaten pretty badly over the course of the thread.

The prevailing theory is that the reason the speakers from the factory outlet were usually so flawless, is that if during the 8 week period Axiom didn't ding a cabinet you'd get stock that would have normally been sold at full price.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 03:30 PM
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
This has been beaten pretty badly over the course of the thread.

The prevailing theory is that the reason the speakers from the factory outlet were usually so flawless, is that if during the 8 week period Axiom didn't ding a cabinet you'd get stock that would have normally been sold at full price.

That's fine. I understand that it was certainly a business decision on Axiom's part. After all, any manufacturing company should strive for the fewest defects as possible. They probably hit a point where the level of 'defect' products was so low that the Outlet wasn't financially feasible.

I've been nothing but impressed with Axiom's products and actions as a company. I just think the Auction site is a dumb idea. And as a customer, I'm disappointed that they replaced the Outlet with the Auction site. It's harder to use and far less useful.
Posted By: originalstarlite Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 04:37 PM
Originally Posted By: originalstarlite
First post from a lurker.

I got a "B" VP150 last week off the auction site, and the only flaw I could find was with the grill.

There was this huge rip from one end to the other....just kidding.

When I took the grill off to check out the speakers, one of the pegs had the plastic seat attached to it. That I can live with. On Friday my "B" M60's arrive. I'll give you a shout if I find a scratch made by an ice pick.

Actually arrived on Thursday, and as far as I can tell, they are flawless. I guess I can take them out on the patio this summer and study them for some defect, but why look that gift-horse in the mouth. The auction was a very good deal, even though they are V2's. I have lost my ability to appreciate high frequencies anyways, so I do not need new and improved tweeters.

I don't have a lot of time with them yet, but it is an upgrade from my Polk RT800's. I'm planning on some Blu-ray's and of course, playoff football this weekend. (go Steelers). That should seal the deal for these beauties.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 06:57 PM
What happened? I placed a VP100 v2 in/on-wall on the auction site yesterday for 2 weeks and it's not there anymore. It disappeared when I went to lunch. If I click on the link provided by my e-mail, it's there. If I look using Axiom's site, it's gone.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 07:00 PM
I didn't see it in the products for sale list, but if I went to the specific line (products for sale->I/OW->VP100, I see it.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 07:01 PM
Wait, no, I see it on page 2 of the full products for sale list.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 07:06 PM
Wait, no, I see it on page 2 of the full products for sale list.

I don't see a page number, nor a button to click on to change pages.
Edit: Never mind. I had to click on the words at the top of the screen first. (Didn't know that.)

I do see it when I go to the product specific area, but that's not making it very visible.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 07:12 PM
you need a picture of it with a fluorescent green background.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 07:12 PM
Well, it has 12 days left. Once it's down to 1 or 2, it'll be on the first page of all products.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/14/11 07:13 PM
Here, lemme repost my QS4s, and then someone can get 3/5 of a complete system from us!
Posted By: Chris Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/19/11 03:13 PM
I don't visit this page much. Where on this site do peeps put stuff up for auction?

I have had Axioms now for 6 years and LOVE them. I just upgraded to the VP180 so I have a VP100 v2 (I think V2..it was bought in 2005) that I want to put up for auction.

The VP100 is BARELY used at all. It was in my basement mini theater that I bet over the last 6 years I watched maybe 20 movies on it. Looks / performs brand new.

Anyway, if someone could guide me to the auction page, I'd appreciate it.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/19/11 03:49 PM

Quote:
Anyway, if someone could guide me to the auction page, I'd appreciate it.

I think it was in the first post of this thread about the Axiom Auctions.... https://deals.axiomaudio.com/ wink
Posted By: Chris Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/19/11 04:32 PM
Thanks. Just went there and read some.

SO, if I sell this through the Axiom site, I don't get actual $, but credit to use toward purchase of Axiom products? Is this correct?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/19/11 04:48 PM
That's correct.
Posted By: Chris Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/19/11 06:18 PM
Wish I knew that before I upgraded, would've listed on here last month. Don't need any upgrades right now.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/19/11 06:19 PM
Another way to get to the Auctions page is to hover mouse pointer on the "Products" word at the top left of screen (don't click on it), then click the bottom link "On Sale By Auction".

One thing that's not clear, and may be the reason only $2 has been bid on my VP100 so far, is it's somewhat hidden. You have to know to click on the "Products for Sale" words near the top of the screen, then go all the way to the bottom and click on the 2nd page, before you can see it.

This isn't intuitive at all. I think it's poorly designed when you have to experiment, or have someone else tell you how to navigate and find things.
Posted By: Chris Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/19/11 08:19 PM
Thanks for the direction!!! I never even knew this was available here...wish I did when I bought the VP180 (which I am diggin!!!!)
Posted By: PhillipD Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/22/11 04:37 AM
Can someone explain why a set of speaker in the auction site that have not been bid on yet does not have a buy now? I thought that all auction spekers had a buy now button??

Thanks Phil
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/22/11 04:41 AM
Not necessarily. It's not a requirement to have a buy now. Perhaps the seller forgot it?
Posted By: PhillipD Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/22/11 04:43 AM
LOL it is Axiom the seller I think they are looking for a pretty penny for this set so no buy now which might limit the bidding price.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/22/11 04:45 AM
Or they forgot it. I've seen several other VaSSallos that have a buy it now. I know which set you're looking at...
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/22/11 12:54 PM
I also have a speaker for sale here where I intentionally left out the buy it now price. I just wanted to see people bid on it. It does have a reserve price that I set rather low, but so far, only $2 has been bid on it.

I was going to add a picture later when I had one, but it doesn't allow me to edit it. I'd have to delete it, then add a new one.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/22/11 06:11 PM
Holy moses, I just sold something. Wonder what happens now...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/22/11 06:37 PM
Forward a check to me as as per the instructions here.*

*just make pretend this is a working link that includes my address.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/23/11 12:14 AM
I gave up on trying to sell my 150, got to a point where I was about giving it away. Kinda hard to sell used equipment and compete with Axiom selling new V2's for dirt cheap.
Posted By: PhillipD Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/23/11 05:56 AM
Hmm how would you know what speakers I am lookign at LOL.
Posted By: Philippe Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/25/11 01:40 PM
Sirquack, what color is your 150, i am looking for a light maple one, PM me.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/26/11 04:47 AM
It is Ebony Pica from the custom vinyl shop.
Posted By: PhillipD Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/29/11 03:13 PM
I wonder when the next lot of speakers will be posted? Having only 6 to look at is not that much fun LOL
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/29/11 09:13 PM
I'm going to take some pictures of mine and put it back on auction. You can look at it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Auctions - 01/30/11 02:58 AM
Tentatively sold my VP150. Now wondering if I should sell the rest and update it all? Hmmmmmmmm must think more about this and check the bank account.......
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/02/11 04:13 PM
I put my VP100 on the auction again today, but I've experienced a problem with the procedure. It wouldn't let me pick a default picture. Whenever I tried, I'd get the next screen, but instead of a normal mouse pointer I'd get a pointer that points in 4 directions at the same time and wouldn't let me click on anything, except the X in the upper right corner.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/02/11 04:33 PM
didn't see it, just a burl one from Axiom.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/02/11 04:34 PM
Originally Posted By: sirquack
didn't see it, just a burl one from Axiom.

Mine is just above that one. The software wouldn't let me pick a default picture to display on this screen. Although if you click on it, there are 5 pictures there.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/02/11 05:27 PM
I see, didn't realize it was onwall/inwall, when I just search for centers it would not come up, strange.
Posted By: PhillipD Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/05/11 02:38 AM
I now think I am addicted to the Axiom Auction side of this site...it was almost tense the last minute of the auction LOL.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 02:35 PM
Last day for my VP100 center channel in/on-wall at this price of $45. Since it's not selling, I'm just going to double the price and wait for a buyer.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 02:44 PM
Hey Cat, my 150 got no love on the auction either. I got a couple of inquiries but that's it - nibbles not bites. I'm trying to figure out if I can use it somewhere else around the house now. Suggestions anyone?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 02:46 PM
They'd be a lot easier to sell if you didn't have to cut a hole in the wall for it. And probably remove a portion of a stud. But, I'm thinking someone out there want's it. They just don't know it yet.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 02:49 PM
Build another system for another room, I've got one upstairs now and downstairs.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 02:58 PM
Or keep it for spares when your warranty is up on your other speakers. I'll probably do that if I ever get a VP180 in reg's to my 150.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 03:58 PM
I think the auction site will need some more publicity outside of our little corner of the internet before it becomes the place to pass on your Axiom speakers.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 05:07 PM
True. But I really didn't want to hassle with ebay because of the shipping, etc. If more people were selling their speakers here, it would probably help, but perhaps only very few are trying to sell any.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 05:13 PM
Be aware that the shipping thing still applies with the Axiom auction site. Shipping is between the seller and the buyer; Axiom doesn't get into it.

I didn't have a problem with this with my buyer (he just paypal'd me the money after I sent him the estimates, then I printed the labels, bam), but...

We talked about this issue on the last conference call, and Axiom's thinking about how to at least document it better.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 05:31 PM
From reading, I thought Axiom would just collect the shipping fees along with the price agreed upon. Then they would just e-mail me the shipping label. I asked this question a while back in this thread, but it was never replied to.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 06:03 PM
That was the original plan. I guess Axiom decided that wasn't feasible.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 02/10/11 06:08 PM
Well, that makes ebay look better than Axiom then. At least with them it would only be one transaction.

But ebay takes a share of the price.

Posted By: fibreoptik Re: Axiom Auctions - 03/08/11 07:17 PM
Ebay takes a *hefty* share actually. I sold a rather pricey handheld device on there awhile back and their take was around $60, which was almost 10% of the selling price! Robbery if you ask me but which auction site does everyone check first?
They all but monopolize auction traffic on the Interwebs.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/24/11 03:52 AM
Does the 5% off for ordering 5 or more speakers apply to the auction items like regular stock?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/26/11 10:16 PM
guess not. frown
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 06/27/11 04:13 PM
I checked with Noreen, and in case anybody is wondering, you don't get an additional 5% off of 5 or more items from the auction site. Also, if you want to order an individual speaker, for matching LCF, you have to call to get the same buyit now price.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/11 10:48 AM
notified
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/11 12:00 PM
Hey, xcl man, I've got some cheap stock for you to buy.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/11 02:34 PM
Custom clubs are better, go away xcl.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/13/11 02:55 PM
My favorite "Dorothy's House" post (i.e. just fell from the sky) is still the guy offering us advice on how and where to purchase opera slippers.
Guess you had to be there.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom Auctions - 08/09/11 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if they have ever seen a VP180 in regular Boston cherry with black grills on the auction? I really need to use my $20 award from the Facebook contest, and I just wonder if I will ever see one show up in the auction. I am not in a huge rush since my current theater is in the "framed" stage (should be running electrical this weekend), but I am just wondering if I will ever see one besides the in-cabinet and black one...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Auctions - 08/09/11 03:17 PM
you could try emailing Noreen at axiom, she usually is involved in what shows up on the auction...
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 03/28/12 03:22 AM
I've put some speakers up for sale in the auction site tonight, at some really low prices. Here's a list of what's available.

1 VP100 v2 in-wall/on-wall center channel, black with black grille.
1 VP150 v2 in-wall/on-wall center channel, warm cherrywood with black grille.
1 M2 v3 bookshelf, real wood cherry nutmeg, satin finish with black grille.
1 pair M22 v2 on-wall, black with black grille.
Posted By: solarrdadd Re: Axiom Auctions - 03/31/12 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I've put some speakers up for sale in the auction site tonight, at some really low prices. Here's a list of what's available.

1 VP100 v2 in-wall/on-wall center channel, black with black grille.
1 VP150 v2 in-wall/on-wall center channel, warm cherrywood with black grille.
1 M2 v3 bookshelf, real wood cherry nutmeg, satin finish with black grille.
1 pair M22 v2 on-wall, black with black grille.

are you replacing these speakers, and if so, with what? or are you just getting rid of speakers in that location?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 03/31/12 06:45 PM
I'm replacing all my speakers, except for the new VP160 center and EP350. I bought them to try out different scenarios and finally decided on what would probably sound the best with my room and wall situation. I got tired of looking at a hodge-podge set of speakers and am going for something that matches. Not going to use the on-wall M22's because I can't point them up or down to listening position, and because I prefer the sound coming out of the boxy design. I'm not going to use the v2 M22's in Boston Cherry, because I want them all to be the same color, black, and I want them all to be v3, for what that's worth.

I may re-paint the wall too, I'm thinking maybe a dark red would look good.

Using only the boxy M22 bookshelf speakers and in-cabinet VP160 I'm changing it to the following:

M22...M22...M22
........TV..........
M22..VP160..M22

Before this, I had speakers to the left and right of the TV. The TV is now going to cover those areas, There will be 5 black M22's mounted on the wall, with the VP160 mounted in the wall, and a 65 inch plasma between them. I'm thinking the Panasonic TC-P65VT50, calibrated. That should provide a picture and sound to die for.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Axiom Auctions - 03/31/12 07:21 PM
Brain, are you sure about this?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom Auctions - 03/31/12 07:26 PM
Sure I'm sure.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Axiom Auctions - 03/31/12 08:35 PM
Cat,
you are a nutty. Hence all the love and admiration.
Posted By: cbafd Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/15/12 02:09 AM
i am waiting for a pair of M60's to show up in the Manfield Beech. So far no luck.
Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/15/12 04:29 PM
Originally Posted By: cbafd
i am waiting for a pair of M60's to show up in the Manfield Beech. So far no luck.

When you're choosing one particular item, within a companies product line, then wanting that in one of a dozen or so non standard finish options, that's a stuff call. If these would show up as B stock, your savings would be $118.00. Yes the Axiom Auction could save you a little bit more than that, but at the expense of having to wait.

You might want too call Axiom and inquire as to how many times has these speakers showed up at auction, in the last year or two . That might help to bring into perspective, what you're trying to accomplish by getting your chose of M60's, and saving some money at the same time as well. You may need to be extremely lucky here, as well as patient. Remember an old adage states,"A watched pot never boils". Good luck.
Posted By: cbafd Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/15/12 05:10 PM
Yes I have considered all of this. My problem is that I really enjoy my system with the M22's as the fronts and hate to spend any more than I have to incase the improvement is not as noticeable as I hope. I have even considered going with blacks for the front but think I would bite the bullet and pay for the finish to keep the system all the same color. I will probably wait a while to see if any pop up on the deal page, some type of sale or maybe even a used pair, which is impossible to find.
Thanks for the thoughts.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Axiom Auctions - 07/15/12 09:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Gary Vose Sr
You might want too call Axiom and inquire as to how many times has these speakers showed up at auction, in the last year or two.

If you call and say you want a pair of B stock M22's in a standard finish, you may be surprised at the time frame. Not that i have ever called and asked for a specific speaker that wasn't currently listed on the auction page or anything.... wink
© Axiom Message Boards