Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mojo Air N2 - 02/15/19 04:30 AM
What do you all think of the N2 that just got announced today?
Posted By: CV Re: Air N2 - 02/15/19 05:07 AM
I heard there was a newsletter? I haven't gotten it yet.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/15/19 05:28 AM
It's on the site under wireless.
Posted By: CV Re: Air N2 - 02/15/19 05:35 AM
The price is definitely closer to what an average person may be able to stomach, especially the preorder price. It's still not something I'm in the market for, but I hope it sells well for Axiom.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/15/19 05:43 AM
I agree about price. Notice the single woofer? Dual coil to get the required power. No mid-range. Just a woofer and two tweeters.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Air N2 - 02/16/19 02:10 AM
I'm listening to my Kickstarter N3 right now. Love it! I'm on the road for a long term work assignment and have an apartment here. It's just right.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/16/19 03:05 AM
You didn't take your LFRs with you?
Posted By: jmone Re: Air N2 - 02/16/19 07:10 AM
Do the N2 and N3 share the same battery?
Posted By: Cork Re: Air N2 - 02/16/19 04:23 PM
I just ordered one. I was going to get an N3 when I opened the pool this summer, but I couldn't resist the early access price and I think it'll be powerful enough for me.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/16/19 04:37 PM
I wish they'd come out with a pair of Air M2s and/or M3s that can be positioned like regular speakers.

I want to know what it sounds like but I'm afraid I'd end up returning it like I did the N3.

I can definitely see the appeal of high portability and fidelity but the lack of soundstage kills it for me.

Hmmmm...maybe I should listen to my buddy's N3 again.
Posted By: Ian Re: Air N2 - 02/17/19 09:16 AM
Hi Mojo,

We have those models available now:

https://www.axiomaudio.com/m3-wireless-bookshelf-speakers
https://www.axiomaudio.com/m5-wireless-bookshelf-speakers
https://www.axiomaudio.com/m80-wireless-floorstanding-speakers
Posted By: Ian Re: Air N2 - 02/17/19 09:18 AM
Hi jmone,

The battery is different because of different voltage requirement. It also takes less current to keep the N2 going for 9 hours.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/17/19 04:57 PM
Thanks Ian. The wireless models are indeed amazing and I didn't think about their full value until I set up my 2.1, audio only M5/Pioneer system. With the 4-in-one, and the built-in amps, the need for a receiver diminishes.

They are not battery-powered though and being MDF, they're not ideal for lugging around. I think I just need to get over my incessant need for holography. I've got to be willing to give that up for the sake of portability. I also realize such a product would be very expensive and would appeal to a razor thin niche market.
Posted By: jmone Re: Air N2 - 02/17/19 09:20 PM
Thanks Ian - ordered an N2 and Batt. I like the look of the buttons on the Top of the unit and the connectors on the back instead of how it works with the N3.

Is there still a "Tinkerers Door" to get to the Pi? and what Pi is it?
Posted By: SRoode Re: Air N2 - 02/17/19 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By Mojo
You didn't take your LFRs with you?

I wish I had LFRs!!!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/17/19 10:04 PM
SRoode, you can trade in your Air for LFRs. smile

I think I'll go for an N2 as well. I gotta get over this soundstage hang up I have and maybe the N2 will help.
Posted By: Ian Re: Air N2 - 02/19/19 06:20 AM
There is a door on the bottom that gives access to the Pi and the the mother board. It is the Pi 3B+
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/21/19 04:11 AM
I'm buying it.
Posted By: edvacdude Re: Air N2 - 02/24/19 06:29 PM
Folks, I purchased an AA during the original kickstarter release. It has been mostly idle from day one apart from the occasional tune into wireless radio (I have a non-jail broken Android phone). I couldn't listen to Pandora, I don't have a home NAS, so it's applicability to my music listening habits was quite limited. I was quite disappointed, and since I"m a die hard Axiom Audio fan, kept hoping that this 'dream' of high fidelity music in a portable package would one day come true.

That day is finally here. A couple of months back, with Ian's super focused attention to customer service, he personally helped me navigate the upgrade to the latest firmware, and even with a serious setback, created a customized update, which I burnt to the internal SD card, and brought the unit back to life.

Music on spotify, pandora (through BT), and web radio sound powerful, clear, and room filling. Thanks Ian and the Axiom team!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/24/19 08:51 PM
Ian is amazing in so many ways. He has a very agile business going.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 02/26/19 02:44 AM
Bought. I'm looking forwarding to a great-sounding portable. I am not into headphones.
Posted By: Cork Re: Air N2 - 04/04/19 01:14 AM
So any word on when in April they're going to start shipping?
I haven't kept up, does Axiom generally ship new products early on their window or toward the end?

A large heavy box came yesterday and I was all pumped up. Started teasing my wife that we were just going to be listening to music wherever we were at the house for the next few days. (That means nothing but Derek Trucks, I play a LOT of the DTB and she much hates that.) Works out it was a grill I forgot I ordered. Doh! I shouldn't have been fooled though, I said to myself when I brought it inside, "this is not the usual cool Axiom box."
Posted By: Ian Re: Air N2 - 04/04/19 06:19 AM
I think it will likely be late April. Right now we are shooting test parts in the molding machine and that normally results in needing to modify some of the tools.
Posted By: Cork Re: Air N2 - 04/05/19 01:04 AM
Thanks for the estimate Ian, I'll return to patient mode.
Posted By: jmone Re: Air N2 - 06/15/19 07:37 AM
Hows the N2 coming along? Anyone got theirs yet?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 06/15/19 11:38 PM
Are you still around? I expected you to be crisped by now.
Posted By: jmone Re: Air N2 - 06/16/19 09:04 AM
smile I've still not pulled the Amp out to see what is up (it will be a PITA). Just today I unplugged it again. frown
Posted By: Ian Re: Air N2 - 06/16/19 09:06 AM
Hi jmone,

We almost had the production running last week but the tool that makes the back piece needed a modification. We are doing that now.
Posted By: jmone Re: Air N2 - 06/16/19 09:14 AM
No probs - just checking in. Hope you are well.
Posted By: Ian Re: Air N2 - 06/16/19 02:14 PM
Other than the frustration associated of having to fix one of the major tools, I am doing great, thanks. But it is one of those things where you find out only after every part has been moulded.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Air N2 - 06/16/19 02:45 PM
Hang in there. It will all be worth it in the end.
© Axiom Message Boards