Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Hello New Boards - 05/24/06 10:39 PM
Hello New Boards.
Posted By: axiomadmin Re: Hello New Boards - 05/24/06 10:55 PM
test
Posted By: RickF Re: Hello New Boards - 05/24/06 11:01 PM
Whoa....a little different.
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/24/06 11:19 PM
Interesting. Unless I missed it all along, there are now some more color scheme options. I've settled on Desert.

There are some quirks with the reply box though - a couple checkboxes with no associated text.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Hello New Boards - 05/24/06 11:20 PM
Oops apparently I don't respond well to change.
Posted By: axiomadmin Re: Hello New Boards - 05/24/06 11:22 PM
test7
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hello New Boards - 05/24/06 11:26 PM
Cool
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/24/06 11:30 PM
Sorry - Jim and I were just testing and now this thread is active!

Jim has made all the backend changes to the forum so we're running a new version now. We'll do the image and look-and-feel stuff over the next couple of days.

Suggestions are welcome but right now troubleshooting like 'checkmarks and boxes' is most helpful.

And then the polls will begin - enable birthday reporting? - show age with birthday? - etc, etc.

New Toy Under Construction!
Posted By: Zarak Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:08 AM
The biggest thing I miss so far is seeing how many messages have not been read yet both on the main page, and then once you go into one of the main categories, in each thread. I liked knowing how much was there instead of just the yellow folder showing that something is new. I'm sure I'll have more feedback as I continue to check things out.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:16 AM
Alll together now, "Oooooh! Aaaaah!"

I agree with Zarak. I liked the "number of unread posts" by forum and thread feature.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:17 AM
Put me in that same list. BTW, y'all notice that new items in a thread have a different border than old items?

Oh yeah, looks like the Who's Online stuff isn't working right yet (and the stuff at the bottom of the front page wtih the number of people browsing). Either that, or I'm the only one on at 5:20 PST. Yeah, right.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:30 AM
Uh, nope.

You know the button that says "Ok, Submit"? I think it should say "Like, go, eh"
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:31 AM
Good grief, Ken has over three times as many posts as me in virtually the same amount of time!

Does my avatar look fat to you?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:36 AM
I would have to agree also, that was a convenient feature.
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:39 AM
Okay, I think I figured out 'who's online' and 'unread posts'. I set the avatar to 75 x 75 - is it too big? I think we were at 60 x 60 maybe?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:43 AM
Wow, that was fast thanks
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:44 AM
I gotta make a reply so I can see how my avatar looks.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:45 AM
I like the new color setup, as you can tell
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:59 AM
Hmm, does my avatar look okay?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 01:08 AM
Absolutely PERFECT! Mine does too, now that I fixed it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 01:33 AM
I summon the Graemlins upon thee!

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 01:44 AM
Fixed the avatar. Now with more pixels!
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 01:47 AM
Time for a new avatar to fit the bigger space.
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:00 AM
I forget, did we have polls in the previous version?

Anyway, let's say we didn't, and I'm trying out the feature.

I'm having a hard time deciding which AV to use. Help me out!
A.
B.
C.
D.
E.
F.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:12 AM
None of the above isn't an option...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:27 AM
I think the "Flames" that show for 5 or more posts are going to drive me more nuts than MarkSJohnson's old avatar. Also, not sure I like the "Black" colored rows of threads near the top?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:31 AM
Dang, I thought I was the first person to add my birthday to the Calendar, NOT, Tom Tuttle beat me to it..... I was hoping for a deal to upgrade to m80ti's.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:37 AM
Amie, "unread posts", si; "hot topic" flames, non.
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:43 AM
i feel like i walked in the door after a day of work and someone rearanged the furniture-looks good
hows abouut a spell checker for dummies like me! it will make your customers look gooder
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:52 AM
Yup, kill the flames. That's just about every thread, except ones about A/BUS.

Oh yeah, can you flip the Main Index and My Home links at the top of the page? That's really throwing me.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:58 AM
5 seems like way to low of a number for replies/views of a thread. I agree with Ken, the "My Home" and "Main Index" are playing with my mind.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 03:31 AM
'quack, if you lower your firewall settings, I can replace those flames for you. With MarkSJohnson's old avatar!

AxiomFreak, AxiomFreak, he's super-freaky, Yowww...
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 03:47 AM
So far so good!
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 04:21 AM
OK...I just changed my avatar. The new format stretched out the old one making my already big head bigger!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:08 AM
Amie, one month date range limit on searches? Terrible idea.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:25 AM
You're right, John. There were many times where I had questions and found the answers doing a search. Sometimes the answers were from over a year ago!

EDIT:
I keep getting this message as well:
You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:39 AM
It also appears that you can only go back 200 when showing all of a users posts. Is this a storage thing?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 06:38 AM
Add me to the list of people who misses the "new posts" count on the main page.

Also...added my birthday to my profile, but it doesn't show up in the calendar. Is there another step I skipped?

I also think "Submit Now, Eh" or some other Canadian phrasing would be nice for the submit post button.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 08:14 AM
I think the little flame things next to every thread is a little annoying. I thought they ment a new post, but they don't seem to go away after I have read a thread.
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 11:25 AM
'K, I think I have the # of threads and # of posts showing now. And I think I have the search fixed up - you can search again after 5 seconds (shorter is usually an engine of some sort) and you can search back five years.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 11:28 AM
Is there any company that's more responsive to it's customers?

Amie, take a bow. Ladies and gentleman, give it up for Amie one more time!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 11:30 AM
For those of you who haven't made a post yet, I think you'll be surprised.

The changes when reading the forums are noticeable, but the changes when making a post are notable!
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 11:31 AM
I enabled birthdays, and I set 'hot topic' to 20 replies. What's the right number there?

gratuitous poll
Posted By: medic8r Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:07 PM
Couldn't help but notice that you just reached the mark of the beast in your post number! And that I was the first to vote one million!

I also am impressed with the new boards. Thanks, Amie!
Posted By: HAY Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 12:39 PM
When I update my info and choose submit it brings me back to the forums. Perhaps it should keep you in the the "My Home" section? Just in case you are updating multiple sections and such.
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 01:01 PM
YIKES! Thanks for the heads-up medic8r! goodkarmapostgoodkarmapostgoodkarmapost . . . .
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 02:34 PM
What are "the "Black" colored rows of threads near the top?"? Are you using the standard Axiom template or one of the skins?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 03:24 PM
It appears anytime there is a new post or thread started, it is highlighted in a Black Border all across the screen. The question you just asked is highlighted in Bold Black, I assume it just refers to a new post/reply. I've tried different color schemes and it still does it...
Posted By: James_T Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 03:32 PM
Haha! like, go, eh?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 04:34 PM
the problem with the FLAMES eh, is that 20 is not just for replies, but views also, so basically your going to see FLAMES eh on almost everything. Now, if it was just replies only, it would not be so bad.... eh
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 04:39 PM
Okay, we now see the problem with the blues (come on over to the Axiom skin - it's so much brighter!) and Jim's on it. Whew - we're getting there!
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:13 PM
Now that the forums were revamped I was wondering which styles y'all like best.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:19 PM
Ahh, the board doesn't feel ancient anymore.

All the little things like the post count next to members and so on. Much better
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:23 PM
My styles all just changed.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:28 PM
I think you missed a couple forum styles there. At first, there were just blank spaces, then I checked again and they were all there. I'm using Frosted.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:38 PM
Ooops! It looks like some more styles were added after I submitted that poll!
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:44 PM
Re-poll! Re-poll! Sorry - we were taking out ones you couldn't read the boards with and added the upgrades (except the hideous ones).
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:48 PM
Looks great.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 05:50 PM
Quote:

Re-poll! Re-poll! Sorry - we were taking out ones you couldn't read the boards with and added the upgrades (except the hideous ones).

Like...Wild? Anyone who can live with that style on a day-to-day schedule gets a prize.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 06:07 PM
Quote:

if it was just replies only, it would not be so bad

I agree.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 06:17 PM
Aime,

Should "View recent messages" on main page be "View recent posts".

I was expecting to see my recent pms.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 06:17 PM
Here's an updated version of the poll. I know it's a hassle but please vote again if you've voted on the previous one.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 07:00 PM
Amie,

Could we unstack the menu at the top? I am referencing this one:
Quote:

My Home · Main Index · Search · Active Topics
Who's Online · FAQ · Calendar

It may be a browser setup but this menu appears in the right third of the screen instead of what is supposed to be centered? I personally liked it better on one line instead of two.

Also, does it seem the new software is stacking table fields in a number of places? The new software appears to be generating more whitespace than the previous incarnation...I am referencing the Categories (Water Cooler, etc...) after you click the category...When the topic has more than one page of posts or someone has replied, there is more whitespace...

Subjective I know but it appears to be more cluttered once you get inside...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 07:25 PM
Test...appeared to have lost my signature...

Amie: You lose your signature if you edit your post after initially submitting it...even if the checkbox is checked.

BTW, I am using the Axiom theme in my observations above and the previous post.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: richeydog Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 08:28 PM
Amie, the quote function is a bit confusing. Is there any way to make the quote function look like this on our posts when we press the quote icon?

quote:

I think it would make it easier to read this way. Thanks.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 09:08 PM
I hate to put more things on your list of things to do, but the left "column" where the member info is is really wide.

It looked OK with the plain, invisible axiom setup, but looks a little out of place if you apply any theme.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 09:34 PM
Just a guess on my part, looks like the width issue you mention is being caused by no standard character length for the "Location" data.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 10:44 PM
WOW! I take a couple of days off and find this. Great improvement and nicely done! I need to noodle around a bit and see what's what.

Odd though, alot of color scheme choices, but for a Canadian board I would expect to see a flannel scheme too!! Eh!!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 11:29 PM
Here's an issue--it looks like the Login link in the upper left isn't working. It just goes to the Main Page again. Could be why it's only regulars on...
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/25/06 11:46 PM
Is there any way to bold the titles of the unread threads in each forum? Jumps right out at you that way.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 04:42 AM
Amie, thanks for dousing the flames. We don't really need a preview of the hereafter!
Posted By: INANE Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 05:11 AM
...the moon please.

Posted By: INANE Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 05:15 AM
Seriously thou... signature needs to be allotted more characters. Problem is ubb code counts against the 100 chars and it gets used up really quickly.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 07:18 AM
Oooh, with the theme all new posts are highlighted. Very nice, very nice.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 07:35 AM
Yes, I agree very nice and now I can post with NIS still running.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 01:39 PM
Yeah, I'm really happy with how the forum looks on my computer now (Blues - large). I'm really enjoying it.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 06:16 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here... but the Like, go, eh? button just doesn't do it for me. Unless you change it to be geographically dependant... that for those north of the 49th, "This an' a quahtah will get you on th' trahlley" for the Eastern US... "Yep, Y'all" for the south... "Like, Whoa, Dude" for California... "Fair Dinkum, Mate" for the Aussies...

Bren R.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 06:32 PM
"Make it so" for the trekkies...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hello New Boards - 05/26/06 06:33 PM
Interesting! I can't hit that button without laughing out loud. I won't mind if they change it to whatever the proper term is, but I'm sure getting a kick out of it at the moment.

Seriously intended question. Are there any Canadian members who are offended by the Like, go, eh button? And, if this were a forum in another country, and that was set up by someone from that country, would you be offended?
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Hello New Boards - 05/27/06 12:50 AM
Amie,yet another request-do you think its possible to ship me a free ep600
Posted By: richeydog Re: Hello New Boards - 05/27/06 01:12 AM
quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amie,yet another request-do you think its possible to ship me a free ep600

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing "free" in that sentence is the shipping cost...
Posted By: real80sman Re: Hello New Boards - 05/27/06 03:22 AM
Quote:

Seriously intended question. Are there any Canadian members who are offended by the Like, go, eh button? And, if this were a forum in another country, and that was set up by someone from that country, would you be offended?

Like no way is it offensive, eh! I love it, and would hate to see it go. (But I do get a kick out of stereotypes and such.) Anyone have ketchup for my back bacon?

Oh, and I love the fact that we can stil get stubby's up here.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Hello New Boards - 05/27/06 03:29 AM
Two honourable mentions from that same local brewery:

Andechs'

Formosa Springs
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Hello New Boards - 05/27/06 04:03 PM
Umm, undecided on whether I like it or not. I guess I'm still getting used to it!

Rich
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 05/28/06 03:09 PM
Amie, thank you thank you thank you

The new SEARCH feature is awesome. One of my biggest complants was that you could not easily search just the subject information. Now you can, this Rocks.... eh
Posted By: HAY Re: Hello New Boards - 05/29/06 02:46 AM
Quote:

Like no way is it offensive, eh! I love it, and would hate to see it go. (But I do get a kick out of stereotypes and such.) Anyone have ketchup for my back bacon?

You put ketchup on back bacon? <shudder>
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 05/29/06 09:53 AM
Glad you like the new search! *update* we're still working on unstacking the main nav and also some adjustments to look-and-feel. I haven't been able to figure out what Ken means about the login feature, and we're still working on whitespace issues. Then the fun will begin! Looks like there are some neat new features to explore at the backend.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Hello New Boards - 05/29/06 12:45 PM
Quote:

Looks like there are some neat new features to explore at the backend.

Wasn't the discussion of this type of behavior what got us all so riled up in the "Brokeback" thread?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hello New Boards - 05/29/06 02:42 PM
Quote:

Wasn't the discussion of this type of behavior what got us all so riled up in the "Brokeback" thread?

Doh!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Hello New Boards - 05/29/06 02:48 PM
JP:

You're Trouble with a capital "T".

Stick around....we like that!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 05/29/06 05:23 PM
Just ignore the login thing. I'm pretty sure it was a problem on my end. I'll let you know if it comes up on another computer.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/30/06 11:06 AM
Great stuff! Gotta relearn everything all over again!(that's ok)

Only thing I miss from some of the other forums is the ability to scroll up and see all the posts that came before.

......that way I don't miss as much and have to edit; again.....and again.....and again.

(luv the easy smiley dudes)
Rich.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Hello New Boards - 05/30/06 07:12 PM
Thank you Amie for fixing the top menu choices, single row is easier on us old people !
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Hello New Boards - 05/30/06 08:14 PM
And us "almost" old people!
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Hello New Boards - 05/30/06 08:19 PM

Posted By: dmn23 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/31/06 01:59 AM
I leave for a little while, and then I come back and everything's different.

My brain hurts.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hello New Boards - 05/31/06 03:01 AM
Serves you right for leaving.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Hello New Boards - 05/31/06 11:26 AM
I fear change. Peter, hold me...
Posted By: littleb Re: Hello New Boards - 05/31/06 01:10 PM
Now that would be one revealing photo!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 05/31/06 04:12 PM
I really hope not.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 06/01/06 04:25 PM
Finally realized last night why it looks like there's never anyone on now... the Who's Online has been set to 1 minute instead of 10! I kind of miss spying on I mean seeing who's on.
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 06/01/06 05:14 PM
Hmmm . . . the way I read that tool in the admin panel was that it would show you if you were on for more than one minute. I can try setting it to 10 if you'd like, to see if that makes it work better. I'd hate to limit the grand overview . . .
Posted By: medic8r Re: Hello New Boards - 06/01/06 06:40 PM
Yeah, I agree with Ken (big surprise, right? ). I tried for a while to find out how to change my preferences on that view, then figured it must be an admin thing.

BTW, now when people are arguing in my office, I tell them to "TAKE IT TO PM'S!" JK
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Hello New Boards - 06/01/06 06:43 PM
Just need to get everyone to press a key once every 59 seconds so the system shows them as active.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Hello New Boards - 06/01/06 09:32 PM
Test for signature...

Test for signature still there...

Apparently not...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: richeydog Re: Hello New Boards - 06/01/06 10:21 PM
"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."

This is your signature, right?
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 02:22 AM
Yep...

Just does not appear when I post and then edit the post...even if the checkbox is checked...

I get this comment at the bottom when reviewing the edit: "You may attach a file to this post while editing."

Now it is there...I am confused now.

But I do not now and did not then see it in the display of how it is going to look...I did before...Sheesh.

WhatFurrer (edited)
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 02:45 AM
When you edit a post and then preview, the ""You may attach a file to this post while editing." text replaces the signaure. Once you continue and post it, then your sig appears as usual. At least I think this is what you are asking.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 03:02 AM
Correct...

The thing is that I used to see the signature...before the software change...

And for a time there, I did not see the signature even after completing the edit and posting it...

Now I do...

Don't you love working the bugs out of things...?

WhatFurrer
Posted By: richeydog Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 03:09 AM
Now all you have to do is un-stretch that head of yours in your avatar. I had to resize my avatar after the new software change to make Anna appear normal again.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 03:28 AM
Yep...gotta find that original image...

Starting to grate on my nerves too...

Thanks for the reminder.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 04:09 AM
There...

Not so stretchy...

I feel better now.

WhatFurrer
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 01:46 PM
I just noticed the ignore user option. Nice! If you click on a user's name, you'll see the option at the bottom.

Now I wonder who'll have the honor of being my first ignore...
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 02:14 PM
Yes; it's nice to be back!

Say! Has anyone seen Peter?

....oops, just kidding!!
Posted By: LT61 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 04:38 PM
Still trying to respond to tomtuttle's kind, pm...(messages full).......help!

IMHO, it may not look as interesting, and busy, (to new potential customers/board members), for it to look like two, or three members, are all that are on line.
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 07:20 PM
Okay, I updated Who's Online and I also {gulp} increased the pms to 300. But that's it! Unless you come up with a pretty good story about 300 amazing meaningful pms. . .

A couple of trouble tickets opened for other issues. Hopefully we get into the fun stuff before too long!

Thanks as always for the feedback.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 07:52 PM
Thank you, that fixes me up.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 09:09 PM
I'm cleaning up my mess. Sorry. I'm an electronic pack-rat.

Nice job with the new boards, Amie.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 09:24 PM
Dang 300, I'm lucky if I have 10 PM's saved at any given moment.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 09:40 PM
PM's? We can get/send PM's????
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 10:21 PM
You would hurt me if I said 60 minutes was too much, wouldn't you?
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 10:26 PM
Doubt that, but there is the "ignore" option now.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 06/02/06 10:30 PM
I know, I know... here we go:

Put everything back the way it was except the good new stuff.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 03:38 PM
On some forums when you hover your mouse over the topic the first twenty (or so) words appear, giving you an idea about the topic at hand. It's especially helpful if the topic title is vague at best. Is that possible here?

Let me use this as an example:
http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66

in case my words have lead you all astray
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 06:06 PM
That would drive me batty.
Posted By: Wid Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 06:10 PM
Quote:

That would drive me batty.

That wouln't be a long drive Ken
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 06:11 PM
Nice long drive off a short pier....
Posted By: md55 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 06:53 PM
Since the new boards were set up I've been having a number of problems with them:

1) I cannot login with Firefox only internet explorer so goodbye tabbed brousing.

2) The boards always default to flat mode unlike the old boards which kept whichever mode I wanted to use.

I have tried deleating all my cookies and history both on my browser and the personal Axiom cookies. No change. I have emailed the axiom webmaster twice and still no help there. Did Microsoft set up the new boards?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 07:01 PM
I have the same login problem with FF. Try going to the logoff page--that works fairly well.
Posted By: md55 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 07:11 PM
I finally figured it out. I had just updated Firefox and the in the cookies menu the "unless I have removed cookies for the site" box was set by default. Since I had removed the cookies firefox would not allow new ones to be set. I unchecked this box and everything is now back to normal.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 07:12 PM
Huh. Mine's not set that way. I'll just go back to my logoff to login purgatory...
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Hello New Boards - 06/03/06 11:38 PM
Quote:

1) I cannot login with Firefox only internet explorer so goodbye tabbed brousing.

not if you upgrade to IE7
Posted By: Zarak Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 02:58 AM
I don't know if you are worried about mobile phone being supported, but I tried it from my Treo 700W today and was getting an error saying a script is taking too long to process. I had a choice to abort or continue, and had to abort since continue would causing it to hang while continuing to try to load the script.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 06:10 AM
I'm not a computer guy by any means but I keep reading you guys talking about Firefox, is this a better browser than IE ? I've never used anything else but I.E. so I'm a bit curious about what you guys think.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 06:42 AM
Try it. You might like it. For me, firefox loads pages faster, and eliminates 99.9% pop-up ads. Plus I couldn't live without my Tabbed Browsing.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 11:43 AM
Is Firefox better? Probably is. However, there are still some sites out there that don't work as well with it because they are designed to be used with IE, and take advantage of some of the "features" of the IE browser.

This gets annoying enough for me that every time I try to switch to firefox, I end up back at IE. I don't like having to switch back and forth between two browsers. Firefox does seem to load pages faster though and has the tabbed browsing that was mentioned as well.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 01:36 PM
I use Firefox as my main browser, and only use IE for sites that require it, or just work better with it -- like Outlook Web Access. I have those sites bookmarked on my toolbar in IE so they're very easy to access.

Since I'd never give up my Firefox features just because a couple sites I use regularly prefer IE, I'm happy using both when I need to.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 02:23 PM
I'm transitioning to Firefox at this point. Like Pmbuko, I use IE for the sites that require it, as well as for this forum, because for some reason I can't get Firefox to display the fonts the way IE does, which I prefer. Firefox has fewer security issues as well. Check out the extensions that are available.. very convenient plug-ins with nice capabilities.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 05:11 PM
Michael,

Your Snoopy avatar is disturbing. But only from the perspective that it looks JUST like what I am seeing outside through my window as I type this here in Rochester, NY.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 05:18 PM
Wow Ray, I thought the winters were long here, It finally feels like summer is just getting here
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hello New Boards - 06/04/06 05:21 PM
Ray, are you kidding? It's probably going to be over 100 degrees today in SoCal. Far away from NY.
Posted By: littleb Re: Hello New Boards - 06/05/06 02:37 AM
I think spring has gone bye-bye in this neck of the woods. One day it's cold, we're waiting for spring and wondering why it's still cold and then the next day, BANG, it's 97 in the shade.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/05/06 03:52 AM
In this part of sweltering Florida, summer has pretty well settled in.

Been between 83 and 87 degrees most everyday now for the last three weeks.

(July and August it's usually 90 to 93 though. Everyday.)
Rich.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Hello New Boards - 06/05/06 12:56 PM
Well here in Texas hell we're getting 92 pretty much everyday.
Posted By: axiomadmin Re: Hello New Boards - 06/05/06 03:57 PM
Hello All;

If you are having issues with appearing to be logged out when you are sure you are logged in, especially using the Firefox browser, you may want to try this page:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/mycookies.php?Cat=0

Expire the cookie indicated on that page, close your browser and login again. There may have been an issue with the cookie storage during the upgrade of the boards.

Thanks!

James Savard
Axiom Audio
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 01:19 AM
Is it just me or is 60 minutes to much for a refresh of "Who's online"? Didn't it used to be like 60 seconds which was a better representation.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 01:24 AM
Before the software upgrade it was set at 10 minutes, then it was set at one minute after the upgrade. Some thought that was to short so it was changed to the current 60 minutes.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 01:28 AM
More me the 60 minutes is way to high, but it is not my forum.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 01:32 AM
I'm not sure it's the "60 minutes" that's too high at the moment, buddy.
Posted By: RickF Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 01:39 AM
See there Tom, now you know what was IN the punch and WHO was in it...big time!
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 01:48 AM
It has been about three days since the change and the main admin for the forum could be busy with other priorities. You can tell if members are actually online or have left and are still showing active because of the update delay.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 02:43 AM
Ahhh those days are water under the bridge, left back in the 80's..

Speaking of punch, does anybody remember the movie "The Hollywood Knights"? "This punch tastes familiar, I've had this taste in my mouth before...." what a funny movie.
Posted By: Amie Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 08:13 PM
I think I should just try setting to random minutes every day. But anyway, we'll try 10 mins today.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hello New Boards - 06/06/06 08:14 PM
That could be amusing!
Posted By: INANE Re: Hello New Boards - 06/07/06 03:47 AM
Quote:

Its working great in IE7 and in full tabbed glory.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Hello New Boards - 06/07/06 08:41 AM
Quote:

I think I should just try setting to random minutes every day. But anyway, we'll try 10 mins today.

That seems to be working better... ADAMP88... GO TO BED!

Bren R.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Hello New Boards - 06/24/06 03:30 AM
I just noticed that the last page shown on a post is not necessarily the last page.

I was looking at the beer thread which said that there were 126 pages but there are really 127 when I opened the thread.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Hello New Boards - 06/24/06 05:12 AM
You probably clicked on the thread an instant before Peter posted. Happens to me all the time.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hello New Boards - 06/24/06 07:38 AM
Appears that if, for example, two pages of replies are indicated and you click on the second page, you may then find that the last reply is instead on a hidden third page, regardless of how much earlier it was entered.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Hello New Boards - 06/25/06 02:02 AM
JohnK

You put it exactly!

You can even toggle back and forth on pages and the last post page doesn't show.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hello New Boards - 06/25/06 04:49 AM
That's why the "jump to first unread post" link is so handy.
© Axiom Message Boards