Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Yikes! - 05/26/06 02:21 PM
I just found out my boss is having triple bypass surgery today. Apparently he was having chest pains late last week and when he went to have it checked out this week the doctors said they needed to operate ASAP. So now he's at Johns Hopkins now, probably with his chest cracked open and in the thick of it....

If you're a believer in prayer, positive thoughts, good vibes, or ________, please send some his way.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 02:29 PM
Your boss will be in my prayers and thoughts, I would not want you to stop getting a paycheck and have to move back to CA.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 02:43 PM
Actually, I'm not going to be working for him much longer since I'm switching departments in a few weeks. That's completely independent of this latest development, though.
Posted By: Wid Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 03:17 PM

My thoughts and prayers will be with him and his loved ones.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 04:03 PM
I'll be sending good vibes, Peter. (EGAD, I sound like I'm back in the 60s, when the only thing sixtyish about me is my age.)
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 04:39 PM
That, and the fact you just said egad.

Here's hoping for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 05:08 PM
You wanna bet that when things don't go his way, he yells, "Curses, foiled again?!"

Verily, I do believe it to be true!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 05:10 PM
P.S. Nice avatar. I see that you went with the people's choice. I can't tell - is that a Weimaraner or a Dane? Or other?
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 05:16 PM
I'll add my well-wishes to the Axiom collective. Here's hoping he makes a full recovery!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 05:44 PM
Quote:

That, and the fact you just said egad.

LOL!

Quote:

You wanna bet that when things don't go his way, he yells, "Curses, foiled again?!"

Verily, I do believe it to be true!

Forsooth! I thinketh he haveth me pegged!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 05:50 PM
Jeeeesh, Jacks getting older by a generation every hour!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 06:04 PM
No, actually, I've just developed a lingua dental lisp.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 06:15 PM
That's my dog, actually. You see Adam is my brother, but be left him behind in California. Here she is in full color. Oh, and she's a Lab/Pit mix.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 06:20 PM
That's a pit bull mix. One of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Yikes! - 05/26/06 07:03 PM
Cool dog, Pete/Adam. I too once had a pit mix that was about the sweetest dog ever. She favored an English bulldog, i.e. shorter and stockier, but without the smushed-in face.

Shame how some people raise their pits to be aggressive, and then people think that all pits are like that.
Posted By: mwc Re: Yikes! - 05/27/06 01:16 AM
Nice looking dog! Why, I'd be all over that if I were a dog.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Yikes! - 05/27/06 03:23 AM
I'll add my prayers, Peter.

Good to see that Sunny is doing well in her new surroundings. First experience with snow?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Yikes! - 05/30/06 02:00 PM
My boss's surgery went well and he's now in recovery. Will probably be in ICU for 5 more days, though.

That picture of Sunny is actually from last Thanksgiving in California. She has also gone to the snow (Lake Tahoe) with us every winter since we've had her (she's almost 6 now), so she's used to the cold white stuff.
© Axiom Message Boards