Axiom Home Page
Posted By: VikingShips Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 07:25 PM
Anyone come across a cool licence plate lately? I know there's a lot of them out there. For example, on a Dodge Stealth I saw the following plate:

UDONCME

What else have you come across?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 08:25 PM
Ones that I have actually seen that weren't just someone's name, initials, or whatever. At least that I can recall.

4fast4u
cu l8r
groovee (on a 1960-something VW Bus)

Here is a large list of others...

Lotsa Plates
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 08:31 PM
Driving back form Ohio last Memorial Day, I noticed a jeep passing by on the left. What caught my attention was the "Girls Rule" bumper sticker with a rainbow border. Then I noticed the license plate:

ANIGAV

It took me a while to realize that they cleverly snuck that one by the DMV's censors.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 09:05 PM
I must be tired...or slow....just can't figure out Peter's.....
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 09:15 PM
Quote:

Apparently neither can she.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 09:17 PM
Mark, read it through your rear view mirror!

Up here in Ontario, I've seen SINEP
Posted By: Wid Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 09:29 PM
Quote:

Must be it took me about 10 seconds to figure it out.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 10:04 PM
The only one thats ever left an impression on me was:

IM LATE

On a white VW Rabbit.
Posted By: RickF Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/14/06 11:15 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>Apparently neither can she.

Now that's funny.
Posted By: duckman Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/15/06 01:08 AM
Back in the 80's, I worked at a GM dealership service dept. We had a customer who happened to own a local audio shop, the plates on his formula read 2LOUD4U. Apparently it was, as he'd pull the amp fuses whenever it was in for service.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/15/06 08:00 PM
Virginia is one of the states with the most vanity plates. Only costs an extra $10. If our commute is going to suck, then at least we can entertain each other along the way...

There are also dozens upon dozens of types of tags to choose from, from colleges to wildlife to military to ???

The ??? includes Harley-Davidson owners, Parrotheads, Masons, etc, etc.

I used to have a University of Notre Dame plate. It came with the interlocking ND logo in blue and gold on the left and allowed for 6 characters. In tribute to the greatest football game I ever saw in person - October 15, 1988: ND 31, University of Miami 30 - I got the characters 31MI30 so that with the ND logo in place, I got to look at the score every day.

P.S. I know, MI makes one think of Michigan, but "31UM30" was already taken by a like-minded Domer...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/15/06 09:17 PM
LOL! The MI reference doesn't bother me. As an Ohio State alum., any thing that implies a Michigan loss is jake with me. (Oh Oh! I'm gonna get it from JohnK now )
Posted By: real80sman Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/16/06 02:00 AM
ONLY $10.00?!?!?!!! Here in Ontario, try $237.00! If you want a graphic with it, it's $316.00!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/16/06 03:16 AM
Ah, so that's why everyone in VA is so vain. It's cheap! I didn't even other looking at the price when I got my plates because I assumed it was ridiculous.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/16/06 12:29 PM
For those of you looking for an interesting diversion from work/wife/etc, here's the link to the Virginia DMV web site that shows you all of the plate options and allows you to try out a plate before purchasing. You can see what it will look like and check availability. No guarantee that it'll slip by the censors, though!

Enjoy!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/16/06 12:32 PM
Oh, and the Michigan tag from 1988 would be ND19MI17, thanks to the good right foot of Reggie Ho (4 field goals!)...

For my renewal this year, I wanted to get WEISGUY, but it was taken...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/16/06 03:38 PM
So you guys have 8 digit tags in Michigan?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/16/06 03:50 PM
No, I'm in Virginia, just poking fun at the Wolverines.

In VA, standard issue plates are 7 characters (3 letters followed by 4 numbers). You can personalize up to 8 characters on certain plates, but one of them has to be a space or dash...
Posted By: medic8r Re: Wierd \ cool licence plates - 08/16/06 07:56 PM
I just renewed my plates two months ago. Went with a Simpsons reference. Wish I could reveal it, and even post a picture, because I'm very pleased with myself (healthy self-esteem is good! Narcissism bad!), but for safety/security reasons, guess I'd better not. I had scoped out "MM DONUT", which was available initially but then taken by the time I was ready to commit. D'Oh! Guess it's just as well, as I wouldn't want a non-Simpsophile cop to get the wrong idea. That's also why I didn't go with "MM BACON"!

A close second in my final list was "AXIOM 80", which, BTW, is still available for a Virginia M80 Axiomite ...
© Axiom Message Boards