Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LightninJoe Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 08:24 PM
I take it all of you (at least current owners) got an invitation to be a "Charter Member of the Axiom Owners Club" via email? It will be interesting to see what this entails.
Posted By: Seattlelite Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 08:32 PM
I didn't get any invitation in the email
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 08:33 PM
Me either!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 09:09 PM
Nope, nothing here either.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 09:15 PM
Nothing here, but I'm still not getting the news letter either

I guess it's just you LightingJoe!
Posted By: littleb Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:00 PM
Man,it hurts to be excluded.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:00 PM
nope notta nothing nothen no not
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:02 PM
Nuttin here!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:08 PM
What, it's April 1 in Oregon or something?

After all I've done to promote inclusiveness. Harumph.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:10 PM
You know there is something wrong if Huge Tom doesn't have his in the mail.

OK, back to my ice cold Guiness. Movie night is about to start......aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh

Ya gotta love it when the wife and kids leave ya home for a few days and your bachen it.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:19 PM
Randy gets SMARTER when he drinks.

Of course, what should I expect from somebody drinking Guinness. Cold. In Iowa.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:20 PM
Wow, didn't notice that. Ice cold Guiness. I think that's probably illegal in Ireland.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:21 PM
Does owning only an EP500 subwoofer qualify one for the Axiom Owners Club?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:24 PM
I'd like to nominate Jack for chairman emeritus!

Or, you know, Favourite Old Fart or something.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:26 PM
Tom, what in the world are you talking about, are you sure you haven't had a few Guiness out there in God's country.

ps: man I love the Edit feature.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:27 PM
You can tell I've had a few of them myself, I can't even spell Guinness correctly, ha ha.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/18/06 10:28 PM
LOL! Officially known as the Axiom Owners Club FOF! Oh the ignominy of it all!
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/19/06 12:41 AM
Ok, weird. I believe most of you who answered this post were already here and most of you were owners when I first joined the site and ordered. The confirmation page said I'll be receiving the first newsletter within two weeks, so there's some roll-out time there.
Posted By: Seattlelite Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/19/06 05:08 PM
Scratch my previous reply. I just got one in the email today!
Posted By: alan Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/19/06 07:41 PM
Tom,

Settle down, Tom, and all of you. Amie's hard at work on the Owner's Club "list"--at least, last time we IM'd she was. It's a work in progress. I tried to get the August newsletter out on Friday but Owners Club stuff was keeping her busy. The newsletter should be out sometime this week.

I'll IM her and insist that you not be excluded, Tom!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/19/06 11:28 PM
Quote:

I'll IM her and insist that you not be excluded, Tom!

LOL! When I first read this I thought it said "insist that you not be included, Tom!" You can imagine my disappointment when I realized what it actually said.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/20/06 05:44 AM
Well, Mrs. Tuttle received her invite today. Before accepting her membership, she pointed out to me that *I* have never actually bought anything from Axiom.

I told her that I appreciate her letting me listen to her speakers.

Was it Groucho Marx who said "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have ME as a member"?

Thanks, Alan.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/20/06 06:00 AM
Yes indeed, it was the irrepressible Groucho who said it. Bless him.
Posted By: LightninJoe Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/21/06 01:40 AM
Quote:

I told her that I appreciate her letting me listen to her speakers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/21/06 01:03 PM
OK, now I'm starting to take it personally. Still nothing in my inbox about the club. Sniff... sniff. Oy, I'll just sit in the dark...

Rich
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/21/06 01:41 PM
Quote:

OK, now I'm starting to take it personally.

Me too!

Nothing yet here either!

"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, gonna go eat some worms..."
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/21/06 02:33 PM
Does that mean you haven't received your Axiom leather bomber jacket or license plate frame either?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/21/06 02:38 PM
As an owner since 1990 - well before Amie - I would hope I qualify for the Grandfather Clause in the Owners Club!!!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/21/06 02:44 PM
You and Jack will be sent powder wigs and colonial attire in lieu of leather jackets ...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/22/06 12:35 AM
Axiom owners club eh?

Cool. Count me in
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/22/06 01:02 AM
Quote:

You and Jack will be sent powder wigs and colonial attire in lieu of leather jackets ...

Ouch.

But very funny.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/22/06 01:17 AM
Quote:

BBIBH said: As an owner since 1990 - well before Amie - I would hope I qualify for the Grandfather Clause in the Owners Club!!!

Quote:

Medic8r said: You and Jack will be sent powder wigs and colonial attire in lieu of leather jackets ...

OK Mike. You hit 'im high, and I'll hit 'im low.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/22/06 07:18 PM
Quote:

OK Mike. You hit 'im high, and I'll hit 'im low.

Heh, heh.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/23/06 02:34 AM
Quote:

Does that mean you haven't received your Axiom leather bomber jacket or license plate frame either?

Fine! Make fun of me. I may not be *as* old of an old timer like some of you, but I did register before some veterans, like Jack!

So is it time to make contact with Amie, or are the Axiom folks still sorting through all this?

Rich
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/23/06 04:11 AM
I would give the Axiom folks some time. I haven't heard anything yet...

... or maybe you have to be one of them foreign folks (ie south of the 49th parallel) to join.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/23/06 01:47 PM
I agree, they have a lot of customers, just chill everyone.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/23/06 04:49 PM
I just got my email today, so they ARE coming.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/23/06 07:44 PM
....so, Jack, you are suggesting we respond with violence and force?
Ok, I am in!!!

Actually, being included as a "long term owner, well before the current models, and for that matter before the pictures on the Axiom History webpage" was what I was going for.......not an age discussion as I am not THAT old....

and yes Chess, I do have the pictures of my tour in 1991, and I found a brochure. I just have not found time to scan them....ya know how life gets in the way!!!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/24/06 02:04 AM
got the email today as well at my work email, I need to change that, I think my original order was placed from my work email, oh well...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/24/06 01:12 PM
Quote:

....so, Jack, you are suggesting we respond with violence and force?

LOL! Only verbal, and only if absolutely necessary which, in this case, it obviously is.

Quote:

Ok, I am in!!!

Atta Boy!
Posted By: littleb I have an announcement - 08/25/06 04:56 PM
I, Bruce the Great, am officially a member of the Axiom owner's club. I rule.
Posted By: medic8r Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 05:01 PM
Are you Bruce from the He-Man Woman Haters Club, No Girls Allowed? I thought so. Can I join? When I have the meetings at my house, my little sister keeps ripping down the crayon sign that I put on my door!
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 05:21 PM
Are we supposed to get an email? I haven't received anything. As a matter of fact I don't get the Axiom newsletter either
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 05:32 PM
I just got my e-mail an hour ago as well. I heard that if you haven't received your e-mail by noon EST today, you won't be invited.

OK, I'm kidding about that last part.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 05:33 PM
I was sitting there, waiting for the picture in your post to load...
Posted By: medic8r Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 05:41 PM
LOL, yeah, I noticed Mark is the King of the Enter Key.

I guess that makes him the Keymaster. Good luck finding that Gatekeeper, Mark!
Posted By: real80sman Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 05:54 PM
So, no e-mail yet, but did you guys get the secret decoder ring, the "I Love Axiom" button pin, and the autographed 8.5x11 of Amie??
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:03 PM
I haven't heard anything about the other stuff, but am SO looking forward to attending the Superbowl on Ian and Amie and getting there via "the jet"!!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:07 PM
Yeah! I got the invite just now.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:09 PM
Um, sorry, Mark, but the fine print says that package is only available to owners whose rooms don't suck.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:10 PM
ouch. That's mean.

I've never graphed my own room, but I'd be willing to bet it would leave a LOT to be desired.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:37 PM
Nah, not mean, Craig. All in fun. Mark was using a signature block that proclaimed as much for quite a while. I'm sure my room's acoustics would be perceived as gruesome by many of you. We all do our best within the context of lifes other priorities. Good luck with that TV thing!
Posted By: medic8r Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:43 PM
I have a patient that yelled "Mean man!" at one of the other doctors one day. It stuck like glue and now whenever the situation seems right, one of us at the office will trot out that phrase ...

So, Tom: Mean maaaaaan!

Posted By: sonicfox Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:48 PM
So...where are they obtaining the email addresses from? I think I've changed my email address at least 3 times since I first joined the forum. It's current on *this* new message board, but I haven't gotten an invitation yet. I'm starting to feel rejected, just like I did when I filled out the eharmony profile only for it to tell me it "found no matches"! But that's a whole other story...quite funny though!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:51 PM
Quote:

Nah, not mean, Craig. All in fun.

And yet here I sit, tears streaming down my face, wondering when I'll ever receive your love and acceptance, Tom.

My father always said those same things to me about my room sucking, and I guess....well, hoped... that I would gain acceptance from you. Sniff. Sniff.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 06:51 PM
Got mine also
Posted By: Ajax Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 07:03 PM
Don't worry Mary, you'll get your invitation. If you don't, I'll resign my membership. All this testosterone could use a dose of estrogen.
Posted By: dllewel Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 07:04 PM
Haven't received anything yet or the newsletter. I think the newsletter/e-mail mechanism doesn't like me as I have not received a newsletter automatically for longer than I can remember (at least none in 2006).

I do have faith that it will be worked out. Hopefully after all e-mails have been sent, Amie may post here to indicate such. I don't want to miss out, but yet don't want to bother Axiom if they are still working on it.

This sounds like a really cool idea anyway. Thank you Axiom!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 07:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the data Amie is using for the Owner's Club project is unrelated to either the Board or the Newsletter Lists. At least, that was my experience.

Mark, you know I love you, man. It's your square living room for which I have utter contempt.

No, wait, how about this - Mark, what would it "look like" to you to feel this kind of acceptance? Are there observable behaviours that would characterize the circumstance? How will you or I "know" when you feel "accepted"?

JP, help me out here!

Kleenex is in the mail, big guy.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 07:22 PM
Got mine, whoopdie whoopdie!
Posted By: littleb Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 07:43 PM
That-a-boy, Ken. But, be careful, the doc is roaming the sidelines.
Posted By: Amie Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 07:54 PM
Hello everyone!

Sonicfox has hit the nail on the head a couple of times! We've just finished the US mailing. We're starting Canada shortly. If you have changed your address since you purchased speakers from us, the invitation is lost in space. Also, if you purchased from a dealer and didn't register your warranty . . . we don't have your email address. Nor the right to send you an email, according to the Can-Spam act, actually If this applies to you, drop me a quick note and I'll get you sorted out.

So far we've emailed people who purchased after 2003.

The email is coming from 'newsletter @ axiomaudio.com' so you know.

Now, what is the eharmony story?!?
Posted By: Spoiler Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:08 PM
Just got the email! I'm in! I'm in!

Hey Sonic... Know what you mean about eharmony... seems like almost zero matches anyway... less than 1 a month!

I've got a better shot at the supermarket! Well, at least now I can be more attractive with my shiny new Axiom Club ownership! (geez, do I sound desperate?)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:14 PM
I didnt get an email yet, however my first set of speakers was bought in 2001 and at a different email addy, the last big order I got just a few weeks ago was sent to my current email.

Apparently its by invitation only. becase dear%%firstname%% doesnt work ! Amie will know what im talking about.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:35 PM
Hmmm...something happened to my avatar and I don't know where I had it hosted, so back to the old one!

Anyway, thanks Amie for the information! I'll send you my current email address.

Well, the eharmony story...First of all, it takes at least a half an hour to complete the questionaire. Obviously in my case, it wasn't worth it! When completed, I chose a 50 mile radius for matches and then an age group +/- 10 years of my own age. The system came back and said it could not find any matches. I thought I was being too picky, so I chose a 100 mile radius...still no matches. Then I expanded my age preference, yet STILL no matches! At that point, I thought "screw this!" and then chose *The Whole World* with this huge age range and...you guessed it, NO MATCHES! At that point I just literally couldn't stop myself from laughing. I'm not compatible with anyone in this whole freakin' world! I found out later that there are a lot of other rejects as well, so at least I know I'm not the only freak out there! I don't want any of those desperate people anyway!
Posted By: medic8r Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:35 PM
Quote:

I couldn't help but notice from the sidelines that you appear to be entering into some kind of mass hysteria. This can only be cured by divesting yourself of your Axiom speakers and mailing them to me for research purposes. There are some rooms in my house that aren't, um, fully researched yet.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:39 PM
I was *just* going to send Amie an email with my current info and lo and behold, there was my invitation waiting for me in my Inbox. Thanks, Amie! I feel much better now!
Posted By: Amie Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:43 PM
Just lining up some nice, non-freaky audio fans for you now! {giggles}
Posted By: Amie Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:50 PM
Haoleb, t minus 13 minutes until Hawaii is scheduled for email . . .
Posted By: dllewel Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:55 PM
Amie, thanks for the invitation. I kept checking my e-mail Bulk folder, but found the invite in the Trash folder

I didn't know mail I didn't delete would end up there. I think it turned out to be some bizare filter rule I was un-aware of. I got rid of it and hopefully will get all e-mails from now on. Thanks again.

Sonicfox, that story doesn't say much for eharmony's matching service- since we know from the forum here how friendly you are, and smart- and your picture speaks a thousand words in your favor too.

Thanks for sharing the story.

** EDIT ** I really like that picture of Ian in the jacket. I wish I looked as cool. It's got to be even better than having your own jet!
Posted By: Ajax Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 08:59 PM
Funny story, Mary! I didn't have to join eHarmony to know I'm not compatible with anyone in this whole freakin' world! I just sorta came to the conclusion on my own.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 09:13 PM
Dave, thank you for the kind words! I think that it screens out people with a shy personality. I'm fairly shy in person although I may not act like it here. I also think most people on eharmony are looking for marriage right away, which I'm not.

Jack, LOL! I guess I should've known too before I wasted my time on that thing!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 09:16 PM
Got mine

Of couse, its in my mothers name as the speakers we ordered are for my parents theater. But, so is the nametag on the back of my new m80's. Oh well
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 09:22 PM
I haven't got mine yet either, but I did PM Amie and gave her all my updated info, so hopefully I'll be receiving mine soon.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 09:42 PM
Got Mine!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 10:06 PM
Yes, I also received mine.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 10:15 PM
I just got mine!
Posted By: Merkaba Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 10:26 PM
Received mine just now. It's in my Dad's name, so I'm guessing I used my email address when I registered my parents speakers. I own M60's myself, but maybe it's one per email address or something.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 11:00 PM
I just received mine. Not only was it in a high gloss finish but it was also marked as Version2.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 11:21 PM
Got mine!
Posted By: Stymie Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 11:46 PM
Is there any sort of confirmation that out acceptance is received? When I click on the button, it opens an Explorer window.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I have an announcement - 08/25/06 11:47 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I couldn't help but notice from the sidelines that you appear to be entering into some kind of mass hysteria. This can only be cured by divesting yourself of your Axiom speakers and mailing them to me for research purposes. There are some rooms in my house that aren't, um, fully researched yet.

Doc, if you think I'm going to fall for that, then you're the one who needs psychological help.
Posted By: Ajax Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 12:38 AM
Quote:

Jack, LOL! I guess I should've known too before I wasted my time on that thing!

All I can say is there must be something wrong with the young men in Iowa, cuz you seem a very nice, attractive young woman.

Quote:

I'm fairly shy in person although I may not act like it here.

I always thought someone should start a "Stay-at-home's" singles club for those of us who are more happy just staying home rather than bar hopping, or joining the common singles clubs (wine tasting, church oriented, etc.). Meetings could be at the member's homes for movies, music, or just good converstation, etc.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 02:08 AM
For those of you that have not received. Club features are.

-advanced notice of new product launches
-special pricing on selected Axiom products not available to non-owners - up to 25% off
-special pricing on new releases
-access to our Axiom Dollars audition program
-You will also receive your personal copy of the Axiom Audiophile newsletter on a monthly basis.

I might as well start saving my money now.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 02:11 AM
Hope this is open to everyone, hope they don't mind us posting the benefits to everyone?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 02:15 AM
Oops, I assumed it was for Axiom owners only, those that aren't owners the more reason to purchase.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 02:20 AM
You could be right, I just figured since they took the time to send out emails, they could have just started one sticky thread or something, would have took a lot less time.
Posted By: Montclair Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 02:40 AM
I’m so disappointed. I thought Amie sent this charter membership just to me to coax me back after being gone for 6 months. Instead I logon to discover all the same personable folks are still here and everyone is invited to the club. I guess I have to sign up!

Besides, EP-500’s and EP-600’s are calling my name… well, maybe they are calling my wife’s name since I have the same problem as Tomtuttle. She actually ordered them and they bear her name. I’m just her AV technician. My company is relocating us and the new room has much more volume with the 11 foot ceilings and openings to most of the rest of the house. Montclair’s custom sorrel pear speakers need a matching monster sub-woofer… and maybe some M60’s or M80’s for the front instead of my M22’s.

I think I see a problem here. New club more money spent… or is this just plain old upgraditis?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 02:42 AM
It must be hard when your wife orders speakers for you, I only could dream of that ever happening.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 02:58 AM
Before, During and After, Randy.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 05:14 AM
I didn't get mine! Waaaahhhhh!!
Posted By: Ajax Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 01:42 PM
You made the serious error of moving from the West coast to the East coast. Nobody can find you anymore.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 02:59 PM
Yep, in the case of Nick and I, we've already tied the knot.

sonic, I have lots of single friends in Des Moines. They tried the Eharmony thing also, and everyone in the matches was states away and not even close to scientific match for them, what a waste of money.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 03:31 PM
Quote:

Randy, reread this sentence very carefully. . .
Posted By: Wid Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 04:00 PM

Posted By: pmbuko Re: I have an announcement - 08/26/06 05:43 PM
Quote:

It must be hard when your wife...

Quote:

Before, During and After, Randy.

And when it's not, there's always Viagra.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: I have an announcement - 08/27/06 01:46 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Hey, wait a minute.... Don't let our secret out.... You know.... That we are married...... To other people, of course....

Posted By: SirQuack Re: I have an announcement - 08/27/06 01:52 AM
Yeah, I pretty much put my foot in my mouth on that one. Heck it would be cool to be dating a chick that loves Axiom speakers as much as I, the stars just were not aligned back in the late 80's. lol

Sonic, if you ever move to Des Moines, the 2nd largest insurance city in the nation, I'm sure we could hook you up.
Posted By: littleb Re: I have an announcement - 08/27/06 02:29 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey, wait a minute.... Don't let our secret out.... You know.... That we are married...... To other people, of course....

Sure... We believe you.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: I have an announcement - 08/27/06 03:02 AM
Dude, my friendly Minnesota neighbor, you know if we lived in LA, you might be right, ha ha
Posted By: medic8r Re: I have an announcement - 08/27/06 04:38 PM
Quote:

Doc, if you think I'm going to fall for that, then you're the one who needs psychological help.

This denial is seriously impeding your recovery! I urge you to reconsider.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Owners Club - 08/30/06 11:19 AM
Okay, last call - if you didn't get your invitation and should have, could you please let me know either by PM or email? Owner's Club list will close tomorrow at 7 am.
© Axiom Message Boards