Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 06:45 AM
Back in the day I used to like taking pictures...though nothing to the level of some of you guys around here! I just scanned a couple and thought I'd share.

My friend Eddie standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon

The Argyle Hotel in Los Angeles
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 06:52 AM
I went home to Maine this past week...took a picture of Nubble Light...had to photoshop out the wires.

of course, Mr. Bear came too!

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 11:56 AM
OK.... You were at the Nubble and didn't call your best pal for a beer? Why, it almost sounds like you had family stuff to do!

EVERYBODY Photoshops out the wires at the Nubble.... it's picture perfect EXCEPT for those damn wires!

Mr. Bear wasn't carried off, was he? If he had a bit of crabmeat rubbed on his arms, he'd be gone in a second!
{Note to self: Next time I want to dispose of a body....}

Nice photos!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 12:20 PM
LOL at Mr. Bear. What a character he is. I can almost hear him telling those gulls to back the F up.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 04:33 PM
Great pictures, Craig! I really like the Grand Canyon one a lot.

Mark, are you feeling okay?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 05:26 PM
Quote:

Mark, are you feeling okay?

LMAO! I too am digging Mark's new avatar. My early differential diagnosis on his condition includes elephantiasis, recessive Ferengi genes flaring up, or Axiomitis ...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 05:29 PM
mah eerz gots swollan while I's was liss'nin tah Serwin Vagahs in a waiten' rume....
Posted By: medic8r Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 05:42 PM
Quote:

mah eerz gots swollan while I's was liss'nin tah Serwin Vagahs in a waiten' rume....

To let everyone in on this inside joke, I had PM'd MSJ in regards to my new practice (office) site. I am considering W3s for the waiting room, but to keep start-up costs low, I may put in some 1980s Cerwin Vega bookshelves that have been hanging out in my garage ever since I upgraded my home with Axioms.

BTW, Mark, you gotta add your new avatar to my thread on avatars ...

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. Nice photos, Craig!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 08:56 PM
Love the grand canyon shot, though the guy is begging for a nudge....

The Argyle Hotel shot looks almost like a UFO perched on top of a tree. I like the glow.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/19/06 09:02 PM
Yeah...Eddie is a little crazy. He was indeed standing at the edge of the canyon.
Posted By: littleb Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/20/06 03:28 PM
Nice pics, Craig. I like the lighthouse, but of course, my favorite is Mr. Bear. I can see now that he is indeed a bear, but once upon a time, I questioned his identity. Mr. Bunny is going to have quite a job cleaning the mud off of Mr. Bear's backside after he sat down in the surf just to cuss at the gulls.
Posted By: GregM Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/20/06 08:49 PM
I love photography as well. Maybe everyone can post a pic or two from a cool place?

A Jaguar in Belize. Not in the jungle but the zoo. Oh well.

http://www.rk-productions.net/Assets/Photos/Belize/spottedjag.jpg

And one from the former leper colony on Molokai.

http://www.rk-productions.net/Assets/Photos/Maui/dropoff.jpg

Greg
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/20/06 10:14 PM
I love the second shot. Truly breathtaking location. The best shot I can find (that I took) is this recent one of a mushroom in Shenandoah Nation Park, here in Virginia.

I took this manually exposed macro shot with my non-SLR Canon SD400 digicam. The mushroom is about half the size of my pinky. I do have big hands, so if you're looking at your own pinky, multiply it my 1.5.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/20/06 10:18 PM
Nice shot--especially for a non SLR!
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/21/06 01:04 AM
That is pretty impressive for a point and shoot - nice depth of field!

Here's one of my favorites, and from my first photo trip after switching to digital.

And one more favorite candid from a friends' wedding I shot:

I need to plan another photo trip...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/21/06 02:15 AM
Hey Adam,

How do you process your digital shots? Is that a straight off the camera image?
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/21/06 08:44 AM
Not quite, Ken (raw files almost always take a little post processing to look right since the camera doesn't apply any processing to the shot like it does for jpegs). I did some shadow/highlight recovery, a little curves work, and boosted the saturation a bit. Trying to go for a bit of a Velvia film look.

And for some reason my wedding shot isn't showing up for me anymore. Here it is again:

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/22/06 06:36 PM
Just scanned a few more...

Another shot of the Argyle Hotel

Downtown Los Angeles

Downtown LA from Little Tokyo

Posted By: INANE Re: Perdy Pictures - 10/24/06 08:18 PM
Perdy pics for sure.
© Axiom Message Boards