Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko So, what's under your tree this Christmas? - 12/20/06 03:18 AM
After Ken's confession, I felt I could hold out no longer. After all, it's difficult to hide something like this under a tree. Even literally.

First, the full system in tight quarters:

What's that over there?

Yeah, that thing in the corner...

Wait a second. Isn't that...?

A ha!

Thank you, Santa!

And before anyone asks, yes, the EP500 does quite undisputedly blow the SVS PB12-ISD out of the water.
Wait a minute, I thought you were only 1 hour ahead of me, not 6 days? Is it Xmas already?

Congrats Peter, I'm sure that room is a rockin around the christmas tree have a happy holiday.....
Wow, you guys must be on Santa's nice list. I'd love to have subwoofage like that. Two thumbs up! Looks great, Peter.

As for me, there is nothing under my tree yet...but I'm planning on adding an Emotiva amp in the next two weeks.
Posted By: JohnK Re: So, what's under your tree this Christmas? - 12/20/06 03:42 AM
Well, Peter it now looks as if your setup is rather similar to one of mine since I got a EP500 a couple days ago(what a coincidence; great minds think alike?)to use with my M22s. After sweeping the plaster and broken glass from the floor and calibrating levels more carefully I finally was able to hear what the opening of Also Sprach Zarathustra was supposed to sound like. Wow what a sub!
Heh. So you made some decibel underestimates, too? And even at those levels, my chest was vibrating with clean bass.
Man, what is this? Everybody is gettin' new stuff! Color me envious. Congrats on the new sub, Peter. I'm guessing you'll be doing a lot of movie viewing over the holidays, yes?
Posted By: Ajax Re: So, what's under your tree this Christmas? - 12/20/06 05:13 AM
Awright you guys! Welcome to the EP500 family. Too cool!

Peter, once you've opened your present, it is not required to keep it under the Christmas tree.
You should've gone with Boston Cherry.
Posted By: Wid Re: So, what's under your tree this Christmas? - 12/20/06 05:20 AM

Congrats on the new addition Peter. The sub sure is a nice looking one but that funny looking elf in the pic looks dangerous
Congrats, I can only wish, although if I had sold my son's Wii on Ebay I might have been able to come up with the extra cash for one to go with my M22's as well. Maybe next year I wil treat myself to such a lovely gift.
Okay I find it hard to believe that Ken, Peter and John were all that much better than me for Christmas, I better find an EP600 under my treee come Christmas or someones getting a nasty letter and some sour milk next year
Oh, congrats on the new toys guys hope you enjoy
You went wine tasting and returned with quite a haul. I got a subwoofer. Seems a fair trade to me.
Unfortunately, the sub will sit unused from today until at least the 30th, when I return from Oooooooooooo-klahoma.
Wow, you're going to a musical for ten days? That's hardcore.
Very cool Peter, I liked your photo story- it was fun. I know you and JohnK will both enjoy great bass for years to come.

Happy Holidays.
I think you need one on the left side now Peter.

....I just had to be the first to plant that seed.
Posted By: BrenR Re: So, what's under your tree this Christmas? - 12/20/06 06:42 PM
Quote:

I think you need one on the left side now Peter.

... and a shave.

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: So, what's under your tree this Christmas? - 12/20/06 06:43 PM
With Peter, that's sort of perpetual.
Posted By: BrenR Re: So, what's under your tree this Christmas? - 12/20/06 07:02 PM
I was going to put together a photo comp of Peter, my brother and I... to show how easily he could be a lost brother... started looking more like the Evolution of the Goatee, so I decided not to post it.

Bren R.
So Santa's using Grecian Formula this year?!
Peter, were you really THAT good this year?

I'm happy for you. But - between you and Ken - I'm feeling no small pressure for an upgrade now.

My wife will be blaming you instead of the children for a change.

I'll look forward to hearing more details.
Santa and Axiom must have cut some sort of deal this year.

I'll be listening to my new Holst Planets DVD-A with a new EP500 myself. !!!!!

My HT is now "complete" (or as complete as these things ever get)

M60tis
VP150
QS8s
EP500
60" SXRD TV

I'm one VERY happy camper! 2006 was a very good year.

Who else got some new Axiom bling for the holidays?
Alright we're gonna need some pictures, Craig. Show us that new EP500...
Posted By: spiffnme The final pieces... - 12/27/06 01:08 AM
Well, here they are! The "final" pieces...

EP500 "quietly" sitting in the corner.

Roger aka Vanna White showing off the new tv!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: The final pieces... - 12/27/06 01:20 AM
Congrats Craig! You've finally achieved HT nirvana. Enjoy the thumper and the new screen.
Posted By: dllewel Re: The final pieces... - 12/27/06 04:34 PM
...and the subwoofer too
Posted By: bray Re: The final pieces... - 12/27/06 04:39 PM
spiffnme
Congrats on the new tube (so to speak)!
On another note..... The B&W photo of the tree on the wall.
Is it a one of a kind or a print?
If its a print, wher can I get one?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: The final pieces... - 12/27/06 06:03 PM
I'm not sure where that picture came from. My mom sent it to me a few years ago. It's certainly not one of a kind. It is nice though.
Posted By: TweedleyD Re: The final pieces... - 12/28/06 12:34 PM
Im thinking that pic u can Find at Target , now don't quote me on that but i remember they did have some Cool BW Pics almost got that one or one very much similar an what Brand of TV did ya get Spiff looks like a Sony ?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: The final pieces... - 12/29/06 01:31 AM
Yep...it's the Sony KDS-60A2000
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The final pieces... - 12/31/06 02:20 AM
VERY nice, Craig! Congrats to you and Roger. I am envious!
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: The final pieces... - 12/31/06 03:08 AM
Nice set up fellas.

I'm in the process of configuring my inlaws HT. We're reusing their older MK's. Got a smaller STF3 sub to replace the huge MK they had. Monitor is a 1080p Pio Pro FHD1, GORGEOUS. New Oppo 981H, Sonos, AVR2807, and Tivo S3. Right now we're using Comcast DVR and it still looks fantastic uncalibrated. I also got them a Harmony 880 on Dell for $120. Makes me want to upgrade now...

My Xmas was nice, mostly stuff I got myself. Got a Wii last month but scored a PS3 from a Canadian friend. It's in transit. I probably will just use it as a Blu Ray player at the in laws, the Wii is too much fun. Got a Tivo S3 for myself as my friend's wife got me a discount. I was convinced after Tivo agreed to transfer lifetime service from DirecTV. Then I got a 3" lift kit for my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. My toy box is full this year. WOO HOO!

Hope everyone else is having a good holiday. Mine's been great. Great gifts and a happy healthy family. I've been blessed for sure.
I posted my SVS for sale today. It was a bittersweet moment. That sub opened my eyes to what real bass is, and traveled with me across the country.

And, no, I'm not reconsidering since I definitely DO NOT have room for two subwoofers.
I'll likewise be listing my Hsu, and like for you, it will be a bittersweet listing. But dang if I don't love the EP500!
Tell me about it. I played the first track on this disc yesterday

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PRCD%207762

and it knocked my socks off! Awesome recording of an organ and choir. The organ's bass and reverb was so exactly right on I felt like I was in a huge church.

The disc is highly recommended, by the way.
Any reason not to get the SACD Version for three bucks less?
It's been a while since I've given my sub a workout. Looks like I know what my next music purchase will be.
If its that good I'm going to order this SACD
Much cheaper here, now I'm absolutely ordering. Amazon
d'oh! May have to get that one now.
I must be getting old, didn't even see that Craig had posted the same link.
© Axiom Message Boards