Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 12:49 AM
Well, I think it's time for an upgrade to the Wall'o'Fame. I was thinking it would be fun if we had personalized Wall pages, where you could list details of your system, your favourite tunes and movies, equipment on your dream list, etc. I'd love to hear what you think would make an improvement.
Posted By: RickF Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 12:51 AM
Neato!

That's a great idea Amie.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 01:18 AM
Lettttts Get Readyyyyyyyy to Ruuuuuuuumbbbbble.

I like this idea...
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 02:49 AM
Finally, I have a place to advertise my Dorm Room Theater! Lost souls somehow ending up in Upland, Indiana can find peace that they are not far from audio bliss...even in the middle of a cornfield.

I think you should prune through these and make them somehow publically accessible from the main site. That way people can see there are many proud axiom owners out there.

Love the idea. :-)
Posted By: medic8r Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 02:56 AM
Cool, this could be what it takes to get me off of my butt and on to posting pix of Medic8r Manor's Navajome Theatre. (TM)

Amie, I think that you are already off to a good start with the ideas, such as pictures, specifications, etc. I bet that people would enjoy telling (and reading) about how the rooms came to be, whether it's construction stories, how the choices were made (love that Axiom helpline), before and after pictures, etc. People could put in whatever they want into a "biography" or "(hi)story" section.

As I am not into HTML or other programming, will you have a web page publishing program that we plug data into, or something like that?

P.S. 'quack, you may get a call from Michael Buffer's lawyers. I bet you could fend them off if you waved a dollar at them to cover royalties...
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 03:05 AM
Does that mean that I would have to post pictures of v3.0 of my home theater? I've been keeping it a secret!

Seriously though, it sounds like a fun, and useful idea.
Posted By: INANE Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 03:29 AM
Great idea. Look forward to seeing more about this.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 04:17 AM
My wall o fame picture is a little outdated... Sounds like a good idea to me
Posted By: Amie Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 11:06 AM
Actually, it would be really fun to have 'incarnations' of your room if you have a home theater that evolved. Good idea!
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 01:18 PM
im in when do we start.
Jake
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 01:56 PM
great idea, I am totally in favour (I still haven't been added to the wall o' fame...yet!)
Posted By: CV Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 08:27 PM
I'm all for that idea, even though my system has some growing left to do.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/23/07 11:38 PM
Mine hasn't and won't change much for quite a while, but I wiil soon be able to show 2 different setups.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/24/07 04:02 PM
Just a thought - can you also put a Wall o Fame link on the banner at the top of the screen for easy access (Main Index , My Home, Search, Wall o Fame, etc.)?
Posted By: Zarak Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/24/07 11:33 PM
Now that I have photobucket setup, I am ready to put up pics of my old version 1 and the version 2 with the new TV as well. Just let us know when the new HOF is ready to go.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 03/28/07 04:24 PM
Great idea! Looking forward to it!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 07/02/07 03:22 AM
Amie,

Any update on this?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 07/02/07 03:42 AM
A great idea especially if Axiom is willing to do the hosting.
Audiogon has something similar with their virtual systems pages.
Their general concept is posted here.
Posted By: avdude Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 07/02/07 05:20 PM
It's real interesting to look at the systems in WOF... I just sent Amie some pics yesterday .. As I figured it is now worthy of a place on the wall ... A dedicated page to list equpiment with pics would be a very nice touch though..

Avdude..
Posted By: Amie Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 07/10/07 07:25 PM
Just a wee update - we've found the software we need to make it function the way I've envisioned it. Schedule-wise, I think it's number 6 on the programmers' list right now, so hopefully by September, but maybe sooner, and maybe later! Basically we were looking around for software that would allow a fair amount of interactivity - comments, recommendations, picking your favourite home theaters, etc.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 07/10/07 08:43 PM
Sounds fun! I can't wait!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 07/10/07 11:52 PM
Amie,

This is great news.

I'd like to suggest that you include the following fields in the database to enable users to search/filter and Axiom to datamine its users :

1. Room volume in cubic feet: small (<1500), medium (1500 to 3000), large (3001 to 5000) and ginormous (> 5000).

2. Amplifier power in W/ch: low (<75), medium (75 to 100), high (101 to 300) and deafening (>301). Users would calculate this by summing the total power and dividing by the number of usable channels.

3. Speaker configuration: 2-channel stereo, 2-channel & centre, 4-channel, 5-channel, 6-channel, 7-channel, other. And also please find some way to incorporate the kind of Axiom speaker in the selection.

4. Sub-woofer power & half-power frequency (Hz):

power in W: low (<100W), medium (101 to 300), high (301 to 500) and frightful (>501).

half power frequency in Hz: low (35), lower (28 to 34), lowest (20 to 27), earth-shaking (<20).

This should also include quantity of each type.

There may be other things that I can't think of right now. And the BBQd chicken, beer and good friends are beckoning
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Revamping the Wall'O'Fame - 07/10/07 11:55 PM
Home theatre, living room.
© Axiom Message Boards