Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 03:40 PM
Happy birthday Tom, my whole family gives best wishes to you and yours today!
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 03:47 PM
Happy Birthday Tom!!
I'll drink a beer in your honor tonight.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 04:07 PM
Have a great Birthday!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 04:10 PM
My dear Mr. Tuttle. I've mentioned to my friends and family that the number of really kind, decent, good people I've encountered on the internet has been quite surprising. You, sir, are at the top of the list. I wish you all the best on this day of days.

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 04:14 PM
Michael, Cam, Doug, Jack - Thank you SO much! I'm having a great day. I took the day off from work (but will still check email and, well, you know). Julie made me Joe's Special for breakfast. We're going to Pacific Grill for lunch (Carpaccio, here I come!). I will beer. It is a beautiful day.

And I am tremendously thankful for all my Axiom brothers and sisters.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 05:16 PM
Happy Birthday Tom... Have a great day!

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 05:23 PM
Tom,

What can I say that the miles between us can't dilute? (Someone invent the transporter or warp space/time already.) Happy Birthday! May you share good food and beer with more people you love admire this year than any before.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 05:50 PM
Tom - Happy Birthday my friend!!!! I sincerely hope there is a big screen TV attached to this happy occasion.

Ray
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 06:01 PM
(A Panasonic Plasma. But get the commercial version, with no speakers or tuner. And replace that remote with a Home Theater Master MX............................)
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 06:14 PM
Happy Birthday Tom! Enjoy your day off with your family.
Cheers,
Shaun
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 06:40 PM
I'm drinking a cold one right now for you Tom over my lunch hour. Happy Birthday Mr. Tom.....
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 06:45 PM
If you look closely, you will see that I have calibrated my avatar to play "Happy Birthday".

Had a blast with you earlier this month and am looking forward to Tuttlefest 2008, to be held one year from today in a yet-to-be-determined location in the Pacific NW. I say we print up t-shirts with John Candy listening to some Axioms in honor of the occasion. We can all wear them for the group photo.

Let us know of which you partake, O Trusty Beer Reporter.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 07:42 PM
Tom, a very happy birthday to you. I can't think of a nicer guy for it to happen to. That probably came out wrong. In any case, here's to you!
Posted By: RickF Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 08:08 PM
Happy Birthday Tom, I do hope that you are enjoying your day off!
Posted By: Wid Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/28/07 08:53 PM

Tom.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 12:07 AM
Happy Birthday, Tom! Your wit and eloquence certainly makes up for the rest of the riffraff around here (I'm just kidding guys), and I wish you the best of days today. Enjoy!

Woohoo!! Tuttlefest 2008!!
Posted By: michael_d Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 01:31 AM
Happy B-day ya old fart!!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 01:58 AM
Happy Birthday, Tom! I was going to suggest that you have a beer in celebration, but I see that somehow you thought of it first.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 02:07 AM
Tom, I have raised a glass of Creemore Springs in honour of this special occasion. I wish you all the best. Happy birthday, my friend.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 03:11 AM
Happy Birthday, Tom... you're a rare diamond among the rest of us lumps of coal.

Bren R.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 03:16 AM
I think it's the sheer weight of us lumps of coal that may have compressed Tom into that diamond...
Posted By: LT61 Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 04:03 AM
Tom,

yes,have a happy birthday!

Larry
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 04:17 AM
Wow.

My Dear Friends (aka Peter, Rick, Nick, Rick, Shaun, Shawn, Sean, John, Larry, Randy, Ray, Mark, Mike, JP ,Ken, and Bren)

Please know that I am grateful that you thought of me today. My birthday - as with most of my other days - was happier because of you.

Unfortunately, any sanctioned "Tuttlefest" must - by law - be held in either Thailand or Pullman, WA. As I am financial unable to visit the former and eternally unwilling to return to the latter, I fear that we will have to define an alternative Fest.

As Mark and Ray are too well aware, I already drank the Home Theatre Master Kool Aid some time ago. We actually did a bit of shopping for Panasonic Plasmas today to no conclusion. Ray, I am sorry to say that I'm not sure the commercial version would easily meet my needs. I think I need both HDMI and a tuner; by the time I add those options to the card slots, I might as well get the consumer version. But, that's another thread

Randy, what excuse do you use the other 364 days to drink beer at lunch time?

Mike, I define myself by neither vintage nor flatulence. But, you know, thanks

We had a delightful lunch (including the raw meat - yummy). I saw my Mom for a while, without whom this day would not be possible. I missed my Dad. I received greetings both meaningful and whimsical from other friends. In the context of our mid-day calorie binge, I dined tonight upon Maytag Bleu, Tillamook Vintage White Cheddar, sourdough baguette and a indescribably delicious, 2-time GABF Gold medal winning Black Bear XX Foreign Stout from Alameda Brewhouse in Portland. Did I mention my kids got me Cooking Mama for the Wii?

Bren, my union brother, you know as well as I do that I neither deserve nor aspire to such accolades.

As I strive to each day, I savored many joyful moments and seemingly simple pleasures. That goal is made much easier by your friendship and ongoing tutelage. I am thankful for the warm wishes and toasts, and grateful to have all of you in my life.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 10:54 AM
Tom:
I forgot to mention in my PM to you yesterday that I'm raising a glass of Bud Lite in celebration of your birthday. I know it's probably not your favorite, but it was on sale at WalMart, so whaddya gonna do?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 12:16 PM
Quote:

Happy Birthday, Tom... you're a rare diamond among the rest of us lumps of coal.

Bren R.

Quote:

I think it's the sheer weight of us lumps of coal that may have compressed Tom into that diamond...

pmbuko

Brilliant, gentlemen (and NO, I have not been drinking Guinness).
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 03:30 PM
Well, Mark, I guess I'm going to have to hunt you down, force-feed you a pint of some West Coast barleywine and make you sign a union card.

People who drink Bud Light don't like the taste of "beer".

I need to amend my previous message. I want to make sure that the earlier posters (Michael, Cam, Doug, etc.) know that I warmly and eagerly include them in those sentiments. I tried to acknowledge everyone by name (which was stoopyd), and may have given an erroneous impression. Mea culpa.

Anyway, I'm back at work. Send lawyers guns and money.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 06:55 PM
Well done tom, staying alive this long and all.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 07:43 PM
Tom,

Just found out it was your B-day. I'm sipping a glass of Ouzo in your honour .
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 10:17 PM
Yes, Chess, that whole "continuing to show up" thing is vastly underrated.

Mojo, please teach me about good ouzo. The samples I've tried made me wonder whether one needs to be somehow genetically predisposed to like it.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Now, everybody can just stop using me as an excuse to drink.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/29/07 10:21 PM
Ouzo should always be diluted with cold water. The Ouzo you buy in liquor stores here is really sub-standard compared to the home-made Ouzo that you can only buy in Greece.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 12:47 AM
I've always preferred sambuca.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 01:41 AM
Sorry I'm late to the party Tom. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Joe
Posted By: RickF Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 02:03 AM
I always drank Metaxa Ouzo straight, it made my head cloudy and could be bought for just a couple of drachmas.
Posted By: Wid Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 02:05 AM

Your head is always cloudy, you don't need Ouzo for that.
Posted By: RickF Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 02:09 AM
Quote:

Your head is always cloudy, you don't need Ouzo for that.

Skyward bound brother, skyward bound!

Sorry Tom, we're just dragging your birthday out a little longer ... yea, that's what we're doing!
Posted By: BrenR Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 03:12 AM
Quote:

Mojo, please teach me about good ouzo. The samples I've tried made me wonder whether one needs to be somehow genetically predisposed to like it.

Like when someone said "try this, it tastes like licorice"... they didn't say BLACK licorice... when I found out it's Anise-flavoured, it all made sense... yes, it does taste highly of anus.

Bren R.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 02:55 PM
Quote:

yes, it does taste highly of anus.

Like Stella Artois?
Posted By: michael_d Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 04:01 PM
Quote:

Ouzo should always be diluted with cold water. The Ouzo you buy in liquor stores here is really sub-standard compared to the home-made Ouzo that you can only buy in Greece.

I sorta remember a night in Turkey a few years ago back in my Navy days drinking Ouzo. The fleet left a couple guys there as permanent guests at a local hotel with bars and guards.

I prefer Absinthe (Czech Republic luggage export vintage) if I’m going to be drinking any of that stuff made to make you numb and forget how to speak.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 05:27 PM
Oh and happy birthday Tom.
Is the party still happening considering that this thread is now several days old?

Posted By: Murph Re: Happy Birthday Tom ! - 08/30/07 07:34 PM
Quote:

Oh and happy birthday Tom.
Is the party still happening considering that this thread is now several days old?

Well, I for one am done work for this week and badly need a drink, so............

Happy Birthday Tom!!!

and in my best Comic Book Guy voice.....
"Longest... Party....... Ever!"
© Axiom Message Boards