Axiom Home Page
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html
Very good!
She looks Hot.

What brain am I using?
The only one you have, perhaps??????????

;\)
right side for me...I guess thats why I have poor grammer... \:\/

I actually focussed and then saw her turning counter clockwise and was unable to turn her back the other way...I just successfully changed her back to clockwise!!! what a mind job that is.
There is actually 4 quadrants, upper/lower right and upper/lower left, all having there own qualities.
I don't think this is very accurate. I definitely see clockwise (although I just managed to flip it to anti-clockwise), but there's no way I fit into the right brain category. Or rather, there's no way I don't fit in the left brain category.
Yeap. Here at the office, 30 people tried it and 30 saw it clockwise... (only two can make it switch side) A tiny bit suspicious...
Clockwise, but able to see counter-clockwise as well!
My son immediately saw her turning both ways but the rest of us in the house saw her turning clockwise only. I just looked at it again and focused on the word "risk taking" and she immediately started turning counter-clockwise. Very cool.
She turns both ways for me also, initially I saw her turning counterclockwise then she started turning clockwise, I guess I'm just confused
If you can't see her turning the other way, try alternately blinking your eyes while looking at her.
I can switch directions fairly easily, I found it easiest to look at her foot and just see it going the other way.
 Originally Posted By: AdamP88
I can switch directions fairly easily

snicker. snicker.
Very strange. I'm the guy with the 135 IQ, who in all other tests has been shown to be a "left brain" person, which I would agree with, but I see clockwise. I looked closely at the picture, and if you focus on the feet/legs, it is pretty easy to switch, but looking at the rest of the image, I see (granted, it may be my point of view only) slight perspective variations that tend to look like the arms get slightly smaller at just the right times to show that they are going further away, again, in conjunction with what I would call a "clockwise" motion.

Similar observations with her face (and other areas) that more distinctly appear from the silhouette and go back into it in such a way that would reflect a distinct motion in one direction.... Clockwise....

Of course, that is my point of view, and apparently many of you are better at changing perspectives than I am.

Maybe I'm just frustrated because I can't do it..
ARGH!
This is weird, when I first looked at it, it was going clockwise. Then I looked away and it was going the other way, now it is back to clockwise.

I am lower left brained based on the Herman Brain test our work provided.
 Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Very strange. I'm the guy with the 135 IQ, who in all other tests has been shown to be a "left brain" person,
Maybe I'm just frustrated because I can't do it..
ARGH!

I have no problems switching the direction...neener neener NEEEEENER!
According to this test, I'm a left-brainer as well, but in real life I'm pretty ambidextrous, meaning that my brain is fairly balanced, no matter what you may have earlier concluded.

On first glance, I imagined her from above (like I was looking down on her head) = counter-clockwise.

After further review, I realized she would appear to be going clockwise if you looked at her from below.

Either way, there's a vertical axis around which she's spinning. It enters her skull and exits her perineum. So now I've concluded that left-brainers (looking down on her) are narcissists and right-brainers (looking up her skirt) are perverts.
Your patients must have very interesting outcomes.

Focusing on risk taker worked for me to make her go counter.
I can only see clockwise. There are too many visual cues pointing to that direction for my brain to see it any other way. I've tried looking off to the side, closing one eye or the other, etc. Just clockwise.
Keep looking. It's so cool when she starts turning the other way. We all thought my son was pulling our leg.
hmmmmm...

If I imagine I am laying under the ground and staring at the bottom of her feet she would be turning clockwise. If I imagine I am in the sky staring down at the top of her head she turns counter-clockwise.

If I just look at it the way it is- she is just turning so her foot comes out of the monitor on the left side, swings around and goes back into the monitor on the right side.. if that makes any sense... not sure if that would be clockwise or counter clockwise.

To me, in order to classify the rotation as clockwise or counterclockwise I need to be looking down an axis that parallel's her spine, maybe I am just weird
just ain't happening.
I tried it at home, and I CAN see her spin both ways. I actually say her spinning counter-clockwise right off the bat. I was then able to switch back and forth pretty easily. The difference? My work laptop is a piece of junk performance wise, and my home PC is somewhat of a screamer. So the animation was a lot smoother and faster at home. Much easier to see both ways. YIPPY!
Part of the trick is when you start looking at the picture. If you start with the outstretched leg on the right, she's gonna go counterclockwise. On the left, clockwise. It's a false dichotomy and I'm pretty sure it's an invalid test.
I had a very hard time getting her to go clockwise, was counter-clockwise from the start. I managed to do it by closing my eyes and visualizing clockwise, then opened my eyes and she was clockwise.

Very odd when turning CC it looks like her left leg is crossing the right and left shoulder is leaning/leading into the spin just the oposite when clockwise, but I am still having a hard time getting it back to clockwise.

I was able to see here both ways right from the start.
freaky stuff! I actually got clockwise right off the hop and it took me about a minute to catch her going counter-clockwise...i caught it just as i was glancing left to read the writeup. Once I saw her flip the first time it almost seems easy (though still not able to accomplish it by focusing directly on her).

I found the article just below to be more englightening however.

Vodka Saves Man's Life
 Originally Posted By: wid

I was able to see here both ways right from the start.

So that means she was standing still for you?
Talking about dying, a lifesaver got lodged in my nephew's throat this past weekend. What saved him was the hole in the candy. He came up from the basement and in a very low voice gasped "Help me". I was very surprised to find out that the hole was engineered in the candy to reduce the probability of choking.
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
I was very surprised to find out that the hole was engineered in the candy to reduce the probability of choking.

Truly amazing what you learn on this forum.
Yeah, but is it true? I haven't verified this. Someone could be pulling my leg.

Well I mean at first she was clockwise but when concentrating for a second she was turning CC. I was able to change the direction at will.
I know what you meant. I was just toying with your VU meter \:\) .
We've determined that my wife is lacking a left hemisphere. She's off to take some engineering courses now :).
It's now 3 AM and I can't get her to spin CC at all. I guess the more sleep deprived you become the more the dark side....I mean the right side takes over.
\:\) . My wife has a ton of paperwork to do with numbers and such. We're really curious to see if she can detect cc after she's done.
I concur with sidvic...when looking directly at her, I see clockwise. While I was reading the text, looking left and down of the object, I saw counter-clockwise in my peripheral vision.
Try This Link

Snopes

I always got to snopes to check out things that sound like urban legends.

Regards,
that spinning lady is just creepy started clockwise went counterclockwise then kept switching back and forth, who needs hallucinogenics when you have things like this
© Axiom Message Boards