Axiom Home Page
Posted By: medic8r Red Sox : Baseball : : Axiom : Loudspeakers - 10/29/07 03:05 PM
All hail the Red Sox, World Series champs!

Any members of Red Sox Nation here on the boards? With their increasing popularity, I figured there'd be a good chance of it.

I have followed the Sox since 1975, even though I have never lived in Boston. I got interested in them because I was a 7-year-old left-handed center fielder on my T-ball team, and the Sox had a left-handed center fielder as well. His name was Fred Lynn and he went on to be the Rookie of the Year and MVP as well, quite the interesting combo.

I remember my Dad picking me up early from school in 1978 so we could watch that 1-game playoff between the Yankees and the Sox. Dad's from Queens and is a lifelong Yankees fan. He got the best of me that day, and many others since, but in the last few years, it's been a different story. After suffering for so long (1975, 1978, 1986, etc, etc), it's a weird feeling to have my team on top. But I'll take it!
Boston fans are now officially as insufferable as New York fans.
Now? They were 3 years ago.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Red Sox : Baseball : : Axiom : Loudspeakers - 10/29/07 05:04 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle

Yes, Too many of them have become just exactly like what they most hate.........................................Yankee fans. \:\(
(Sour Grapes)Boston fans are now officially as insufferable as New York fans.(/Sour Grapes)

This is the baseball thread, not the w(h)ine thread!
Boston fans are now officially as insufferable as New York YANKEE fans.

Tom, I fixed it for you.Common mistake
\:\)
Bah humbug.

Ouch! I'm a longtime Bosox fan. And trust me, there were many, many mediocre years!

Showing my age, when I was little there was a white bread distributed in part of new england named Yaz! Mmm, nothing made for a better meal for a budding baseball stud than peanut butter & jelly on Yaz bread.

Rich
© Axiom Message Boards