Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 09:32 PM
..who is having trouble with the Axiom web site and forum? It's taking as much as 3 minutes for a page to load completely. This posting form is taking even longer due to all the icons and buttons. I'm having the problem using both IE and Firefox, and the Axiom web site and forum are the only sites that are giving me the problem. Yesterday, everything was normal, but the day before, I was experiencing the same thing. Anybody?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 09:35 PM
Sometimes I get the load hangs. More often the site simply goes away, and I get the crossed wires page. That usually happens near the evening (PST).
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 09:45 PM
It happens to me too, but not frequently and for about 10 minutes. Everything takes a long time. And then, as fast as the problem appeared, it disappears.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 09:46 PM
Axiom's provider is having DNS issues. Yesterday, Ken and I were chatting and he was able to access the page fine while I was not. I asked him to do some geekery for me and he gave me an alternate address to try. That seemed to work fine.

For those who don't know what DNS (Domain Name System) is, it is a hierarchical system of computers responsible for translating the names we use to access sites (e.g. axiomaudio.com, google.com, etc.) into the IP addresses that the internet actually uses to get from one computer to another. When it's not working correctly, bad things happen. Like, such as, Axiom Forum withdrawal.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 09:58 PM
DNS issue would fit perfectly the symtoms I experienced (high level of failures on fetching invidual items on the page).
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 10:22 PM
Things have been fine here.....
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 10:46 PM
So, Mark, the DNS issue improved your square room syndrome, then?

Wow.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 11:04 PM
Thanks, Peter (et al.). When something like this happens, one doesn't know whether to say "whew, I can put my feet up and wait for the problem to be solved cuz the problem's not on my end," or "Oh Oh! Now I gotta figure out what the heck is wrong and how to fix it."

For the reasons mentioned in my first post, I figured the problem wasn't on my end, but no one had mentioned anything so I just wasn't certain.

Oh BUZZ OFF, Mark. ;\)
Posted By: Zarak Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 11:30 PM
If you are desperate, just memorize the actual IP address to get to the axiom site, and then you don't have to worry about DNS anymore. That is, until Axiom switches providers and all of their IP's change \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/28/07 11:35 PM
Also assuming they aren't doing load balancing of some kind.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/29/07 01:32 AM
The problem is that DNS doesn't support DHCP for DNP/TCP/IP thereby causing NACKs across the DMZ.

And if you believe that, I have some wonderful marketectures to sell \:D .
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/29/07 01:39 AM
My wife thinks I talk like that all the time.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/29/07 03:51 AM
That's why we like you with a few beers in you. Then you keep it real.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/29/07 12:38 PM
Tex., aAre you going into Betamax busines again?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/29/07 03:45 PM
That was my new word for the day...marketecture.

I was talking to a fellow engineer who is now a strategic marketing big wig. He drew a network diagram on his fancy digital whiteboard and called it the new architecture they were pursuing. Good vision but it wasn't an architecture...it was a marketecture. Not sure if I invented a new word or not \:D .
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/29/07 04:09 PM
My CEO does that to me once in a while... and then uses terms like "high velocity design" and other crap-du-jour. It would be funny if I did not have to constantly explain why it might not be the most appropriate approach given the current market conjecture! ;\) Or, like I love to say "a design that will ensure we hit the market window... like a bird!".

Well... if you can't beat them, join them ! But beating sure sounds good to me!
Posted By: Murph Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/29/07 05:47 PM
I'm an operational network manager whose office is on a whole floor of marketers. I never run out of excuses to make fun.
Posted By: pickupmykeys Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/29/07 11:12 PM
I've given up on trying to use Firefox to access the Axiom web site or forum. At one time it was all I used. Then one day it just hanged and the Axiom web site and forum wouldn't load. I started to freak, thinking 'how am I going to order my Axioms if I can't access the site?!'

Luckily Safari came to the rescue. I haven't encountered any problems with the forum or web site using Safari.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/30/07 01:10 AM
 Quote:
a design that will ensure we hit the market window... like a bird!

Oh, I'll be stealing that! \:D
Posted By: BrenR Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/30/07 05:50 AM
You have to steal it in the original French - "comme un oiseau!"

Bren R.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/30/07 02:57 PM
Whew! Things are back up to speed today. What a relief!!!!!!!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/30/07 04:16 PM
See, I told you that fiber is your friend.
Posted By: Joey Re: Am I The Only One.... - 11/30/07 09:19 PM
I complained about this many moons ago. It has improved but I still get slow downs when I am on the forum and then open another tab to their regular web site.
© Axiom Message Boards