Axiom Home Page
Posted By: danmagicman7 I'll be in China... - 01/02/08 05:35 AM
Well Axiom family...my recent arrival is followed by a quick departure. In two days I'll be studying abroad in China for a month in Hong Kong, Macau, Doumen, and Guangzhou.

If any of you are interested I'll be sure to share my pictures when I get back.

I'll see if in my adventures to the far east I can find the latest and greatest cheap "audiophile quality improvement gadget" that I can share to everyone. Suspending your speaker wire by 100% hardwood maple chopsticks might be my first product - take that mapleshade!
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: I'll be in China... - 01/02/08 05:49 AM
Cool. Have fun.

I tried to have a friend by me a "cheap" tube amp in Shanghai.

The word is out, they ain't cheap no more.
Posted By: jakewash Re: I'll be in China... - 01/02/08 07:17 AM
My sister and her family went to China for Christmas/New years. They have friends that are from there and went back with them and are getting the greatest tour anyone could want. If you get to see 1/8 of what they are seeing you will have a wonderfull time.

Please do post some pics.

Have a great time!
Posted By: CV Re: I'll be in China... - 01/02/08 07:21 AM
I'm definitely jealous.
Posted By: Wid Re: I'll be in China... - 01/02/08 03:58 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
I'm definitely jealous.

Here too, I would love to go to China. Have fun and be safe Dan.
Posted By: medic8r Re: I'll be in China... - 01/02/08 06:19 PM
My favorite vacation so far has been the one I took to Hong Kong in 2004. Awesome place.

Sounds like you will have plenty of guidance, but as far as 2 cents more, make sure that you you go to Stanley Market, where you can get all kinds of fun clothing on the cheap. I got about a dozen Simpsons neckties for HK$10-15 each, which was about US$1.50-2.00 each. Of course, on one, Marge's hair was purple, but that was half the fun.

Check out a lunch at the Hyatt Regency in Kowloon and see if they are still serving pigeon. It was delicious - served minced over butter lettuce. Mmmm, feathered rat wrap ...

Another delicacy was the vegetarian soup offered at the Po Lin monastery on Lantau island. The mushrooms looked like human lung tissue, but they were still mighty tasty.

More wishes to have fun and stay safe!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: I'll be in China... - 01/03/08 01:04 AM
I'm jealous, too! Have fun Dan. Man, I hardly get out of California, let alone the United States. . .
Posted By: CV Re: I'll be in China... - 01/03/08 04:11 AM
Why would you ever want to leave Rancho Cucamonga?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: I'll be in China... - 01/03/08 04:21 AM
I don't. It's too fun to say.
Posted By: CV Re: I'll be in China... - 01/03/08 04:22 AM
It's a good mantra.
© Axiom Message Boards