Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/05/08 04:34 PM
Pioneer stops production of Plasma TVs
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/05/08 04:44 PM
I like how technology keeps moving forward, but I'm beginning to hate the rate of things becoming obsolete, or winking out of existence in a short time. As a consumer, I feel somewhat slighted. Maybe it's just because I'm in a bad mood this morning.

On a side note, I still miss my old Sony XBR960. Yes, it was a behemoth, but the picture was the best I've seen. Of course, the CRT technology had 50 years or so to be perfected. In this vein, it seems like some of the newer technology is not allowed to grow, expand, and mature.

Alright, back to my coffee. . .
Posted By: Zarak Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/05/08 05:19 PM
I don't mind seeing plasma going, but I want something else to step in besides LCD. Sony has OLED, but it is so small and expensive now that it is going to talk a while to get the picture size up and price down enough to make it mainstream. I still have motion blur issues with LCD. Fortunately I don't need a TV for a while, so something else should be in place down the road to compete with/replace LCD.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/05/08 05:30 PM
Try having kids. The rate at which their shoes go obsolete is on pace with technology.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/05/08 05:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Try having kids. The rate at which their shoes go obsolete is on pace with technology.

No kidding! It seems I needed new shoes every month when I was going through my growth spurt. Unfortunately, my feet outpaced the rest of my body. I barely topped 5 feet tall and wore size 11. Needless to say I tripped on everything, but I never tipped over.
Posted By: medic8r Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/05/08 06:00 PM
You know what they say about guys with big feet!

They don't tip over easily!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/06/08 04:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: Zarak
I don't mind seeing plasma going, but I want something else to step in besides LCD. Sony has OLED, but it is so small and expensive now that it is going to talk a while to get the picture size up and price down enough to make it mainstream. I still have motion blur issues with LCD. Fortunately I don't need a TV for a while, so something else should be in place down the road to compete with/replace LCD.

I agree.
I'm waiting.
I'm not a LCD fan.

Quote:

I again concur.
By the time our daughter is about 10 i predict her shoes will be some type of flying hover boot.
Posted By: Murph Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/06/08 12:46 PM
My wife used to collect plasma as a phlebotamist. I probably have that spelled wrong but it's the professional vampire who drains your blood when you donate blood or plasma.

Creeps me out when she grabs peoples inner elbows and comments on what good veins they have. heh heh.
I wonder if JP grabs peoples' heads and says "What a good Brain you have!"??
Posted By: medic8r Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 03/06/08 02:38 PM
Yeah, just before going in for the kill ... (CHOMP)
Posted By: HomeDad Re: The beginning of the end for Plasma? - 04/17/08 09:56 PM
Not only is Pioneer not dropping their Kuro line of plasmas Pioneer , but they will be adding a profile 1.1 Blu-ray player to match the TV. Blu-ray
© Axiom Message Boards