Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Amazon.com $50 off for HD DVD player purchasers - 04/09/08 06:09 PM
Well, Amazon.com sent me a promotional code to take $50 off a purchase from them, since I bought an HD DVD player from them. The cool thing is that I put $83 worth of stuff into my cart, and the code paid for all of it. I thought about putting more in to see just how much it would pay for, but I chickened out, in case they found the error.

But yeah, if anyone else got their code, see how much you can get Amazon.com to pay for. \:D
Too bad Walmart won't do something like that for my $98 HD-A2... ;\)
Or Costco for my $300 player several months back.
Okay, I figured it out. My code was actually worth $100 since I bought two HD DVD players. At least, I think I got both from them. I thought maybe I got my first unit from Crutchfield or something, but according to this promotional code, I must have gotten both through Amazon.com. Ha ha. Anyway, when I went back to Amazon.com and put some stuff in my cart, it was going to apply $16.06 more credit toward my order. So now I can go buy more.
 Originally Posted By: nickbuol

For those of you that don't know, Wal-mart is offering a refund if you purchased a Toshiba HD DVD player between Nov. 1 and now.
Oh, I ordered my first HD DVD player from Vanns.com, so now I really am confused as to why my promotional code was worth $100.

Oh, oh, oh, it just hit me that I bought my Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on from Amazon.com. Yeah, yeah, I was really trying to support the format. A friend ended up with the HD-A1, and my sister ended up with the add-on.
Yeah, but I want to KEEP my HDDVD player now that I have picked up a slew of movies for cheap. I would have loved a gift card...
I had forgot that I bought my HD player from Amazon, they hadn't sent me an e-mail so I sent them one and they got back to me with my promotion code within an hour. \:\) Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, but I want to KEEP my HDDVD player now that I have picked up a slew of movies for cheap. I would have loved a gift card...

I understand. A gift card from wallyworld would enable more movie purchases, or whatever else you want to buy.

This walmart deal might work out in my favor cause I don't have a collection of movies. I only have 7 of them...

5 were from the "mail in rebate" and the other 2 were from Amazon. Most of my money went towards Netflix...
 Originally Posted By: richeydog

For those of you that don't know, Wal-mart is offering a refund if you purchased a Toshiba HD DVD player between Nov. 1 and now.

Yep! Took mine back on Monday. Now I have 18 HD DVD movies and Planet Earth to get rid of.
I don't want to break forum rules but I might be interested in buying some of those. I was looking at Planet Earth locally today in HD and it was STILL 84$ I asked the clerk if she knew that HD was a dead format. Hear reply was "What's HD?" sigh.... I moved on.

I'll PM you my email so we can take it outside this venue if you are interested.
 Originally Posted By: HomeDad
I had forgot that I bought my HD player from Amazon, they hadn't sent me an e-mail so I sent them one and they got back to me with my promotion code within an hour. \:\) Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Michael! I followed your example and did the same thing. I’ve bought two of the darn things from Amazon, so they gave me a $100 certificate. Too bad Amazon doesn’t sell wine yet.

+ 1 on the thanks for the heads up and sharing this news with us.
Cv, Thanks for the FYI on the rebate.
Thanks, Charles. I dug through my emails from this week and found the rebate code.

Now the real question is--what to buy?
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Thanks, Charles. I dug through my emails from this week and found the rebate code.

Now the real question is--what to buy?

How about this gem?

For you single/adventurous guys... B Chair

Perhaps you need this? USB

Or this? Deer Rear

And my personal favorite: Weener Kleener Soap
LOL! Although, I tend to believe that if you go for the inflatable bondage chair you're not really serious about the whole thing. . .

I definitely like the USB dog.
Oh god, what is my amazon recommended items going to look like after that...
I don't know, but you might want to make sure your wife's out of the room. . .

. . .or not?
© Axiom Message Boards