Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Ohioanians..... - 04/20/08 07:08 PM
Is that a word?

I might end up taking a last-minute flight to Iowa Ohio at the beginning of the week.....final destination Spencer Springfield.

Not sure where I'll fly into... Any preferred airports and Things To Do while there?

Jack, before you even make the generous offer of letting me stay there, I gotta tell you that your place creeps me out with all those Rockets and crap.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/20/08 11:23 PM
Don't panic when Jack brings out the handcuffs. It's not what you think. He just wants to give you a demo of those horrific Rockets. Strapping you down to the chair(at gunpoint?) is how he operates... ;\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 05:44 AM
Mark, since Jack in Fairview Park is about 200 miles from Springfield, you should be pretty safe from enforced Rocketing at his hands.

Nobody in the area apparently has seen this, so I'll suggest the Air Force Museum and adjacent Aviation Hall of Fame in Dayton(about 20 miles)if you're at all interested in that sort of thing.

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 06:24 AM
Mark, if you go to the Air Force Museum and Aviation Hall of Fame you must take pictures!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 10:06 AM
This is really pitiful to say, but that's what my Dad did when he flew out there for my aunt's funeral 10 years ago....He's a retired Air Force Colonel....

I guess it sounds as though people in my family look for local things to do while attending distant funerals, huh?

I don't mean to sound cold.... I just never knew the guy...we didn't do the Christmas Card thing or anything. Initially, my thoughts were that if I'm going to fly out to an Iowa airport, then drive six hours to a funeral for a person I've never met and would very likely not know a single person there, I might want to meet up with some Iowanians to give me something to look forward to.

Going to Ohio isn't nearly as bad. I was facing two connector flights each way to Iowa before that six hour drive from the airport as opposed to Ohio being a direct, shorter flight and then a drive that's likely under one hour.

Still, though, I've never met any Axiomites and the possibility would be cool.... Despite my living in a fairly dense region population-wise, there aren't any of you nearby....
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 03:54 PM
Well, scratch Ohio too.

I just got word that the funeral WILL be in Iowa, but tomorrow morning at 9am so no one can make it on the short notice.

Ever start a thread (or two) and wish you simply hadn't?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 04:08 PM
Not I.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 04:10 PM
Wow Mark, what a story...
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 04:29 PM
Mark, this is all just so sad. I think maybe you need a little treat after the emotional rollercoaster of not getting to visit the PorterPortaltoHell. Maybe some chocolate?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 04:47 PM
\:\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/21/08 05:06 PM
Amie told me that she had an unwanted EP600 lying around - just shoot her a PM, Mark!
Posted By: duckman Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/22/08 01:26 AM
You could just say wtf and go to Iowa anyway. Skip the funeral and go straight to the porterplex. You've already started 2 threads, you might as well finish what you've started.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/22/08 08:46 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Jack, before you even make the generous offer of letting me stay there, I gotta tell you that your place creeps me out with all those Rockets and crap.

That's OK, your ears creep me out. ;\)

Even Sprinfield Ohio would've been too far away for me to be of service. Iowa would've been a case of "fugedaboudit." However, if anyone near and dear to you has a funeral in the Cleveland area, you know you have a place to stay.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/23/08 12:31 AM
There you go - I'm going to encourage my loved ones to die in Cleveland from now on!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Ohioanians..... - 04/23/08 01:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
There you go - I'm going to encourage my loved ones to die in Cleveland from now on!
Why not? Everybody here does.
© Axiom Message Boards