Axiom Home Page
Posted By: medic8r Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/25/08 09:33 PM
Borrowed from the Shrink Rap blog, and probably in circulation around the net forever:
----------------------------

Psychopath Test

Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it reads.

A woman, while at the funeral of her mother, met a guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing. She believed him to be her dream guy so much, that she fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister.

Question: What is her motive for killing her sister?

[Give this some thought before you answer]

Answer:

She was hoping the guy would appear at the funeral again.

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a test by a famous American Psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly.
**Sigh of relief**! I ain't no psycho...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/25/08 09:40 PM
Didn't occur to me, but it makes sense.
Jeeez, that answer was SO obvious!

Who's next to tease me about my sucky room?
Passed with flying colors!
I don't believe you, Sean.
Now, Mark, I believe. \:o
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
I don't believe you, Sean.

Hey!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/25/08 10:44 PM
Is it time for the stabby stabby?
I failed, which I now realize is a good thing.
The doctor was his mother!

No, wait, that's not it...

I'm too stupid to be a psychopath. I'd seen that one before and still didn't know "the answer".
Posted By: Ajax Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 12:08 AM
Whew! Couldn't come with an answer.
Posted By: ptRyno Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 12:59 AM
The answer was definitely the first thing to come to my mind. But I also realized that was the answer that was going to label me as a psycho. Does that still mean I'm a loony?
No you're fine. (slowly backs away while reaching for the phone)
Posted By: ptRyno Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 02:28 AM
\:D Please, do us all a favor and put...the phone...down. (slowly reaches for a blunt, dirty, and preferably rusty object)
Posted By: Wid Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 02:38 AM

I failed it too.
Posted By: CV Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 03:18 AM
Like tomtuttle, I knew I'd encountered this exercise before but couldn't remember what the answer was.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 04:15 AM
I didn't get it. I was trying to work the logic, but gave up after about 30 seconds.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 04:34 AM
Yeah, I was also lazy. Perhaps Peter and I are psychopaths, but lazy ones.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 07:53 AM
I got it... no surprise there, but I also realize there's got to be an easier way to find the guy than that.

Psychopath with a conscience maybe?

I dunno, in high school a friend's mom said I had a criminal mind... let's see how many others would have been listed the same as me.

---

She has one daughter, two sons... the daughter was my friend... one day while she's outside and the sons were inside, one of them (95% chance it was the crazy son) broke off all the little "stops" on the ivory keys of their piano (whatever those little ledges at the top of the keys are that contact the felt on the front to keep the key from going too far down are called) - she came back in and all the white keys were broken and there was a hammer on the carpet in front of the piano... it was summer and the windows were open, and she couldn't understand how he/they had smashed off all 52 (?) white keys without her hearing... as the crow flies, it's only about 20 feet from the piano to where she was outside, and the windows were open.

Took me 3 seconds to give her the answer, she confronted him with it and he turned white... I was right. What was it?

He didn't use the hammer... he snapped them off with a pair of pliers and then hid the pliers. The hammer was his original plan and he didn't think far enough ahead to hide it as well.

Bren R.
You bad...! \:\) That's a good one.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 03:00 PM
See, I was thinking that he used the claw on the hammer, pulling up.

Also, I never realized that's what the edges were for.
Posted By: ptRyno Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/26/08 03:21 PM
I was thinking that while she was outside, she heard the piano but thought it was her other son, the not so crazy one, who recently enrolled in piano lessons. She, hearing the keys being played, figured it was just him becoming more aquatinted with his new instrument of choice. Ha, wow.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/27/08 12:28 PM
A test I was pleased to fail.
So, is it a bad sign that when I read the answer I almost fell out of my chair laughing?
Posted By: Murph Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/28/08 06:49 PM
The funny part was how frustrated I got at myself for not being able to figure it out. I usually do great at logic tests. I guess I am glad this one eluded me.

Edit.
I was referring to the original story. I posted before I realized there were more posts to read. I kinda figured out Bren's right away although I didn't nail down the actual tool used. Just figured he used the prybar part of the hammer rather then the blunt banging end.

I've always had a dream of pulling of an exotic, high tech, gadget filled crime. Sometimes on long drives, I'll put the scenario together along with all the obstacles and the solutions. It's not the thrill of getting the loot that intrigues me as I'd likely feel so guilty that I give it back. It's the adrenaline rush and feeling of pulling off the impossible that draws me to the idea.

My answer was:

The mother left all the money to the other sister....doesn't that still make me a bad person?
Posted By: zhimbo Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/28/08 09:33 PM
 Originally Posted By: vassillios
My answer was:

The mother left all the money to the other sister....doesn't that still make me a bad person?

Yes, but merely evil, not psychopathic.

What a relief!
Both my wife and I had no clue. My 15 year old, while holding an M4 airsoft gun got it in about 2 seconds. My 11 year old, wearing camo shirt and pants about ready to join his brother in a mock battle, got it in about 10 seconds.

Should we be worried?

Fearfully,

Scott
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 04/28/08 10:47 PM
Duck.
Dude. . .that's funny in a scary sort of way.
eeeks...that answer came to me within 5 seconds and seemed so obvious I figured it was a really lame "test". Then I read how many of you didn't get it. Oh my...
Of course I'm the one that lives closest to Craig. . .
It is estimated that 1% of the general population are psychopaths, it seems like the Axiom members and families are significantly higher than that percentage. Now that's scary!
Oughtta make Tuttlefest REALLY interesting.

Let's have it at a lake where a bunch of kids were killed awhile ago.....
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Oughtta make Tuttlefest REALLY interesting.

Let's have it at a lake where a bunch of kids were killed awhile ago.....

Sweet! I'll bring my hockey gear.
Yeah, the guy from CALIFORNIA is going to bring his hockey gear.

You are a scary bunch, all right.
 Quote:
Yeah, the guy from CALIFORNIA is going to bring his hockey gear.

I was hoping nobody'd catch that. \:\(
Posted By: Murph Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 05/12/08 05:34 PM
I didn't catch it actually because he didn't say "Ice Hockey". Every time I hear a southern US person refer to hockey they always say 'Ice' hockey. In Canada, we just assume it's on ice.

OK I stole that from a comedian I can't remember. True though. That and saying "Tuna Fish", we also just assume it's a fish.

Just kidding, eh!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 05/12/08 05:35 PM
Sometimes it's a tuna chicken. You never know.
Posted By: Murph Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 05/12/08 05:56 PM
Oh you are just trying to impress Jessica Simpson with your amazing culinary prowess....

Jessica confused by 'Chicken of the Sea'.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 05/12/08 06:01 PM
Man, I didn't even think of that. I originally had tuna cow in there, but I changed my mind.

What a shill.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Are you a psychopath? A one-question quiz - 05/12/08 06:01 PM
You can "tuna" piano, but you can't "tuna fish"

Bren R.
i have no words...
© Axiom Message Boards