Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/06/08 04:29 PM
Without your "2nd National Anthem"????

Looks like Hockey Night in Canada is dropping their theme song after 40+ years of use....

Hockey Night Theme Song
I bet it will be brought back, like when HNIC decided Ron Maclean and Don Cherry didn't belong on the show together anymore or at least we will still get to hear it through commercials, most likely Molson Canadian beer commercials.
That's Gay
Your comment is reflexive.
Posted By: Amie Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/06/08 08:33 PM
Wow - that theme sounded AMAZING on the audiobytes! I almost forgot to roll my eyes and make myself scarce like I normally do when I hear that song. (Don't tell anyone I said that. They may take my passport away.)
 Originally Posted By: Amie
Wow - that theme sounded AMAZING on the audiobytes! I almost forgot to roll my eyes and make myself scarce like I normally do when I hear that song. (Don't tell anyone I said that. They may take my passport away.)

*summons the killer beavers*
Posted By: Amie Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/06/08 10:34 PM
Ruh-roooh . . .
Posted By: fredk Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/07/08 11:33 AM
I remember thinking how cheesy that theme sounded when it was first introduced.

Ah well, nothing like picking a new theme song to keep all you hockey fans out there entertained when its too hot to skate.
Posted By: BrenR Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/08/08 08:08 AM
Just a marketing ploy so people beg for "Classic Theme" when "New Theme" flops.

Sales of Diet Theme are pretty steady... Cherry Theme is only available in the states... and Theme Zero is supposed to sound just like the original theme, only with 0 calories.

Bren R.
Posted By: fredk Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/08/08 02:09 PM
OOoooooh, Cherry Theme!! Hey, I'm not driving two hours just for !*@@##$@ Cherry Theme! Oh wait, I don't watch hockey.
Posted By: ctown Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/08/08 03:00 PM
What about theme BLAK with some guarana mixed in??

Government is idiotic no matter what country it is. The govt funded CBC network pays $500 each time the song is played. They only play is twice a broadcast, so $1000 per telecast isnt gonna break the bank.

They will probably setup a commission or task force that will cost $250k to determine the cultural impact of changing the music instead.
Posted By: BrenR Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/09/08 07:36 PM
Well, they just bought the rights outright.

This whole campaign was just a tactic to scare the copyright owners into thinking they'd get nothing at all if they didn't acquiesce.

Bren R.
Theme-Up, the "un-theme"?

Good stuff, Bren.

Man, that's some killer beaver you got there, Hutz ...
yer darn rights.
Posted By: fredk Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/09/08 09:26 PM
Actually it was CTV that bought the rights and it looks like the copyright owner was playing two bidders against each other to maximize value.
Posted By: BrenR Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/09/08 10:59 PM
I must have misunderstood the "Breaking News" during the Euro Cup coverage on TSN.

I stand corrected.

Bren R.
Posted By: Murph Re: What are all of you Canadians going to do? - 06/11/08 05:08 PM
Actually, the off-shore terrorist groups finally caught on how to to how to sing the tune and now we need a new "prove your Canadian!' question for our borders.
© Axiom Message Boards