Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nick B Monster is evil - 07/11/08 02:40 PM
Monster cable is now suing another company for using the name "Monster" as the name of their store. This being a "Monster" store that sells children's clothes. Every couple of months Monster cable tries to sue a company for some ridiculous reason. So, spread the word to everyone you know. If the results of the hdmi cable shootout wasn't enough to never buy Monster again then this puts it over the top.

link: http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/monster-cable

- Nick
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 02:43 PM
Yeah, I read about that a few days ago... what a joke.
Posted By: onn Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 04:01 PM
The difference between childrens clothing and av cables / accessories does confuse some people (monster)! Monster must think people are idiots.
Mel N. aka Mickey Moose
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 04:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: onn
Monster must think people are idiots.

unfortunately... most people are

as a human being, I guess you would think that most people think the same way that you do. I have quickly realized this is most definetly NOT the case. It absolutely blows my mind what I have seen people do.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 05:09 PM
Yeah, by definition, half of the population has below-average intelligence ... the rest buy Axiom speakers!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 11:22 PM
The difference between childrens clothing and av cables / accessories does confuse some people (monster)!
Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've tried to connect my equipment using leggings or some jammies with feet. I'm always so surprised when I don't get any sound.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 11:24 PM
Jack, try the oxygen-free leggings.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 11:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: Haoleb
Monster must think people are idiots.

unfortunately... most people are

as a human being, I guess you would think that most people think the same way that you do. I have quickly realized this is most definetly NOT the case.
It is a mistake to assume "everyone thinks as I do." It is just as erroneous to assume "nobody thinks as I do." The truth lies somewhere in between.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 11:28 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Jack, try the oxygen-free leggings.
I knew I was doing something wrong. DRAT! \:\(
Posted By: anthony11 Re: Monster is evil - 07/11/08 11:46 PM
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
Yeah, by definition, half of the population has below-average intelligence ...

Actually, by definition half of the population is below the *median*, not the average/mean. If the distribution is pretty even on both sides, the two will be close. If, say, most of the individuals above the median are just a little above it, but most of the induhviduals below the median are way, way below it, the average/mean will be significantly lower than the median.

Alternately, let's say there's a neighborhood with 10 houses. One is valued at $1 million, five at $100k, and four at $200k. The median would be $150k, but the average would be $230k.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Monster is evil - 07/12/08 04:15 AM
MY friend just bought a new TV and almost got suckered into buying some Monster HDMI cables...

I showed him the monoprice cable I own and the results from the HDMI cable shootout comparing monoprice to monster/ect.

After my little speach he agreed to pay 8 bucks for 2 10 footers from monoprice \:\)

Monster relies on idiots for business, and unfortunately there are plenty of them out there.

It's up to sane people like us to keep our friends/family from buying into that garbage.
Posted By: CV Re: Monster is evil - 07/12/08 04:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
It's up to sane people like us [...]

Says the muppet with the gun.
Posted By: LT61 Re: Monster is evil - 07/12/08 04:26 AM
Yes, there are too many.......eeeeeidiots.

Thanks for the perfect segue to my NEW Avatar!
Posted By: onn Re: Monster is evil - 07/12/08 10:45 AM
Someones broken the first rule of Axiomonism and changed to a non-muppet. Where are the stones.
Mickey Moose
Posted By: LT61 Re: Monster is evil - 07/12/08 03:39 PM
As Ren would say: HEY!.....take it easy, man!
Posted By: onn Re: Monster is evil - 07/12/08 08:44 PM
Ren who?
Posted By: LT61 Re: Monster is evil - 07/13/08 03:39 AM
As kcarlile would say: *sigh*
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Monster is evil - 07/13/08 04:11 AM
As pmbuko would say: As pmbuko would say: As pmbuko would say: As pmbuko would say:

Whoah, sorry. I think I entered a dimensional vortex there for a bit.
Posted By: CV Re: Monster is evil - 07/13/08 04:14 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Whoah, sorry. I think I entered a dimensional vortex there for a bit.

I'm glad you were able to pull out.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Monster is evil - 07/13/08 04:19 AM
I had to start pulling out about 15 seconds before I wanted to be out.
Posted By: Thasp Re: Monster is evil - 07/14/08 12:12 PM
I stopped using Monster when I found out they ruined 1/4" jacks by using slightly larger than standard tips.

It makes for a very tight, firm connection compared to other cable for a short period of time until it's stretched out and fucked up your 1/4" jack, and then your instrument/interface/whatever requires repair.

Scum company.
© Axiom Message Boards