Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad Falls finally here! - 09/23/08 04:46 PM
After a blazing summer our Temp. has dropped around 20 degrees in the last couple days. We usually start getting real chilly by the second week of October, so I have a couple weeks to enjoy our yard thats taken me six years to get almost right.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Falls finally here! - 09/23/08 04:46 PM
It just got hot again this week here. As a Californian, I feel comfortable in saying that this is not normal weather for this time of year.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Falls finally here! - 09/23/08 05:16 PM
Umm, I seem to remember September being one of the warmer months.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Falls finally here! - 09/23/08 05:44 PM
We've had an unusually cool summer here.

Here in Central Illinois, daily highs are usually in the mid 90's all through August and into September. This year, we barely got into the mid 90's for about one week. So we used the A/C for all of about 4 days this season.

It's been getting cool enough already that we've had a couple of nights where extra blankets were welcome.

Just this past weekend we were in Wausau, Wisconsin. There, the leaves are starting to fall, the air had that dry autumn smell to it, and the lows were already in the upper 30's. Ahh, I love this time of year. \:\)
Posted By: bridgman Re: Falls finally here! - 09/23/08 06:42 PM
I lit the first fire of the season last night.

Threads like these help me to know when fall is coming -- since i live in a pine forest I don't see the colour change unless I go for a drive.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Falls finally here! - 09/23/08 07:20 PM
I feel for you. Really, I do... ;\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Falls finally here! - 09/24/08 12:02 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Umm, I seem to remember September being one of the warmer months.

Agreed. Ken must be posting from some other state. He clearly doesn't reside in California.
Posted By: Murph Re: Falls finally here! - 09/24/08 01:31 PM
As traditionally happens here, we just had our first nights of frost. For whatever reason, this is normally followed by a brief period (4 to 8 days) of unusually warm weather for the season. We just had our frosty nights and the next couple of days are forecast in the mid to low 20s. Not hot, but seasonally hot enough that this phenomenon has gained the title of being our "Indian Summer."
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Falls finally here! - 09/24/08 05:39 PM
Hey, I just watched the movie Indian Summer because it was filmed in Algonquin Park. \:\)

The movie was just ok, if you're wondering, but the scenery was nice. \:\) Plus it featured a young Elizabeth Perkins, who plays a main character (Celia Hodes) in Weeds.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Falls finally here! - 09/25/08 08:38 AM
Yup, fall's here... it must be... no other good reason to get up at 5am on a weekend except for goose season.

So far on one excursion, I've got one taken, one missed and one as I popped out of the blind with my action open (not my personal action, Ken and Peter), I felt the shell fly out and bounce off my nads while I pulled the trigger on an empty chamber. That one had a story to tell its friends. That's okay with me, I give them all to my hunting partner anyway.

Why only three opportunities? I think I nodded off a few times.

Bren R.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Falls finally here! - 09/25/08 11:52 AM
LOL! Now THERE'S a dedicated hunter. \:D ;\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Falls finally here! - 09/25/08 01:32 PM
Normally, I'd feel for the geese, but if they're Canadian geese, please bag more of them.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Falls finally here! - 09/25/08 05:01 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
... it featured a young Elizabeth Perkins, who plays a main character (Celia Hodes) in Weeds.

<Doug>CELIA HODES HAS CHLAMYDIA!</Doug>
© Axiom Message Boards