Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 05:00 AM
I thought we needed a thread like this.

For those of you with more rings in your trunk, let's say you could answer the following hypothetical when you were a kid.

Would you go for the power of invisibility if you couldn't control it until you were 75 years old? Let's say you were guaranteed to live to 100, so that's 25 years of invisible old person antics. Meanwhile, in the first 75 years it comes and goes whenever it feels like it.
Posted By: grunt Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 05:13 AM
Ok this sounds like a stoner question (not that I have any experience in such matters).

Maybe I’m missing the point but if I get to live to 100 I don’t care if I randomly turn purple. So hell yes I take 75 years of random invisibility for 25 more of controlled invisibility.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 06:07 AM
Do my clothes turn invisible too, or is that the crap shoot? Let's say I'm young and *poof* I'm invisible except for my clothes, so I take them off, run over to the girls locker room, and everything's going good, then *unpoof* I'm visible again. Only naked. And embarrassed.
Posted By: CV Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 06:39 AM
Let's say your underwear goes invisible, but that's all.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 07:09 AM
I would only use the power to look at naked girls. I'd hope that same drive is there when I'm 75.

Remember that movie "Hollow Man" with Kevin Bacon. Smart scientist creates the power to render himself invisible. What's he do besides go crazy? Sneaks into a woman's house to watch her undress.

Yeah, that's almost every guy right there.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 07:17 AM
Charles, I'd like to ponder this at some length, rather than give you a hasty answer at this time.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 12:25 PM
uuummmm and I thought I was strange...
Posted By: medic8r Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 12:36 PM
Would this mean I had to trade in my current super powers?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 12:39 PM
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
Would this mean I had to trade in my current super powers?

Which is?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 12:46 PM
Making an Olive Garden Plates' contents disappear.....!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 01:12 PM
(trumpet blare)

"It is I, Garbage Gut!"

OK, there's the eating, the super-spelling, the Botcasting, multiple identities, plus the obvious charisma and mental persuasion (see Star Wars avatars) ...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 01:33 PM
 Quote:
plus the obvious charisma and mental persuasion (see Star Wars avatars) ...

It only works at a distance, though. Thank goodness for the internet, eh?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 02:25 PM
Yeah, when we met up at the state park, I kept beaming commands at you to jump in the lake, but they apparently didn't work.

Foiled again.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 04:22 PM
If you mean have no control over my life for the best 75% and then get control for the worst 25% then the answer is "NO".
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 04:36 PM
Personally I would like to be invisible when CV is sitting in JP's chair for an hourly session. \:\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 05:07 PM
I'll send you a video of the sessions!

I'd like to be invisible if/when I wreck HomeDad's NSX after too much beering ... so when we getting together again?! ;\)
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/25/08 06:03 PM
Craigs Axiom open house party, you drive. \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/26/08 12:58 PM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
I would only use the power to look at naked girls. I'd hope that same drive is there when I'm 75.

See, this is why his current avatar is Luke Skywalker. He would only use his powers for Good.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Would you ____ if _____? - 09/26/08 02:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph

See, this is why his current avatar is Luke Skywalker. He would only use his powers for Good.

Amen, my brotha. Amen.
© Axiom Message Boards