Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian Trivia Questions.... - 03/06/09 10:36 PM
If anyone has a Trivia Question(of any kind) post it here and we'll see how smart(?) we all are. The rules are simple, pose a question....the first person who answers correctly, gets to pose the next question...

be my guest ladies/gentlemen....
Posted By: lhulls Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/06/09 11:18 PM
What takes 480 seconds to complete its journey?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/06/09 11:20 PM
Light takes about 8 and a third minutes on average, depending on time of year, to travel from the sun to the Earth.
Posted By: lhulls Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/06/09 11:22 PM
correct! ;\)
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/06/09 11:28 PM
Crud, that means I have to ask a question that can't be easily Googled now...

There is a sequence of chords that when played in repeating succession produces what sounds like an ever increasing pitch. What is it called?
Posted By: lhulls Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/06/09 11:46 PM
Harmonics?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/06/09 11:53 PM
I was really looking for Shepard's tone. But it is composed of a series of harmonics, and I'm ready to go out for the evening so I won't be around inform someone of the 100% correct answer, so I'll give it to you.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/07/09 02:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
Crud, that means I have to ask a question that can't be easily Googled now...

There is a sequence of chords that when played in repeating succession produces what sounds like an ever increasing pitch. What is it called?

Stubbed toe?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/07/09 02:21 PM
You are standing in a hallway. In front of you is an open door and three light switches. Inside the open door is a room with three incandescent light bulbs hanging from the ceiling. Each switch in the hallway controls one of the lights, but you do not know which switch controls which light. Your job is to determine which switch belongs to which light.

Before you begin, you must close the door. You can then flip switches as many times as you like, but you may only open the door once and then you can no longer use the switches. Assume no light leaks through the door.

How do you accomplish this?
Posted By: SRoode Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/07/09 02:27 PM
1) Flip switch #1 and wait 5 mins. Then turn off.
2) Flip switch #2 and leave on.
3) Open Door
4) Switch #2 is the lit bulb
5) Switch #1 is the warm bulb
6) Switch #3 is the off bulb
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/07/09 02:30 PM
You're not supposed to answer if you've heard it before. \:\(
Posted By: SRoode Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/07/09 02:39 PM
A man goes to work every day and takes the elevator to the 10th floor, and walks up the rest of the way to his office on the 20th floor. At the end of the day, he takes the elevator all the way down. The man despises exercise (and avoids it at any costs). So why does he go to and from work in this manner?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/07/09 11:28 PM
I knew I had heard this one, but I couldn't remember the answer, So I Googled it,

I shall not reveal the solution for fear that I would have to submit the next question.

Great idea for a thread, and also an astute observation that "the Google" will be a major factor here.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/07/09 11:38 PM
I'm itchin' to Google this myself, unless...a clue were in order. Probably got something to do with the type of work he does, right? are the numbers 10 and 20 of any significance?
Posted By: SRoode Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 01:53 AM
Although the exact numbers have no significance, the numbers are very significant. Nothing to do with the type of work he does though.

Posted By: SRoode Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 02:03 AM
Below is an addition to the riddle that will serve as a hint. It's in white characters for those who do not want the hint. If you want the hint, drag your cursor over it with your mouse.

"Last week the man broke his leg, but being the hard worker he is, he continued going to work with the aid of a crutch. He's taken the elevator all the way up and down since."
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 02:06 AM
I Got It! I Got It!!!!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 02:07 AM
The clue, not the answer. That stuff is HARD! \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 03:59 AM
I Got it!!
Posted By: Adrian Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 04:00 AM
A bald spot from scratching my head over this.
Posted By: CV Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 04:12 AM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
A bald spot from scratching my head over this.

Uh-oh. Something to treat for reflections.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 04:15 AM
A "rug"?
Posted By: CV Re: Trivia Questions.... - 03/08/09 04:30 AM
\:D
© Axiom Message Boards