Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph Signs spring is coming - 04/01/09 11:19 PM
Here is my first definite sign spring is coming. My garage, beer fridge has shrunken down to mini-bar size.

Posted By: merchman Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/01/09 11:22 PM
Works for me. And you've gone green by not using any electricity. Good job. \:\)
Posted By: RickF Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/01/09 11:32 PM
Jeez ... my car thermometer read 91*F on the way home from work today.

The biggest way we can tell that summer is fast approaching is seeing all of the Buicks and Grand Marquise (w/hats in the back windows), RV's with their Honda Civics in tow and loaded car haulers headed north on I-95 ... a beautiful sight. ;\)
Posted By: merchman Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/01/09 11:39 PM
Sendin' em north are ya Rick?
Posted By: RickF Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/01/09 11:49 PM
Yea man, marks the beginning of tan line season!
Posted By: grunt Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/02/09 06:10 AM
Great pic Murph, but I’ll stick with dumping a bag of ice from the local store onto them in a cooler and enjoy them while I sit outside under a palm tree.

I know when spring is here because a couple (not many) pilots start whining for air conditioning packs because the cockpit it to hot.

Originally Posted By: RickF

The biggest way we can tell that summer is fast approaching is seeing all of the Buicks and Grand Marquise (w/hats in the back windows), RV's with their Honda Civics in tow and loaded car haulers headed north on I-95 ... a beautiful sight.

Ours take I-17 and I-10 but something tells me not as many of them leave as come down each year. I have been seeing a lot more Canadian plates in the last few years something I hadn’t noticed before.

Who needs tans when you have Latinas.
Posted By: RickF Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/02/09 08:41 AM
We've always had a lot of Canadians, tons of Quebec plates during the winter. Seems like the past couple of years I've been noticing more and more Iowa plates, I wonder if Randy has anything to do with that.

We have our share of Latinas also, remember Havana Miami is just to the south of us. ;\)

Summer
Posted By: grunt Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/02/09 09:06 AM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
We've always had a lot of Canadians, tons of Quebec plates during the winter. Seems like the past couple of years I've been noticing more and more Iowa plates, I wonder if Randy has anything to do with that.

We have our share of Latinas also, remember Havana Miami is just to the south of us. ;\)

Summer

That picture reminds me of when I was stationed in Ghana. 3 airlines, Swiss Air, British Caledonian and KLM had layovers in Accra. All the hottest stewardesses would bid for the flights especially in the European winter so they could come lay on the beach and tan. The girl in your picture reminds me of the Bcal stewardesses who would wade a little ways into the water and get hit by a swell (pretty powerful surf there) and end up grabbing to hold thier bikinis on. The Dutch girls OTOH either just took there tops off before going in or put one-piece suits on over their bikinis. They also didn’t re-apply their makeup as soon as they got out of the water like the British girls did. I always wondered why the Dutch girls were so much more practical than the British ones and also more down-to-earth.

Many of the Dutch girls were great cooks too. They’d bring fresh food down (something hard to come by in Accra at the time) and cook for us. The British girls were mostly to stuck up to talk to us. I did hit it off with one when two waves (one reflected) intersected as I tried to kick out and shot me and my board about 5 meters up onto the beach and nearly into her lap. I landed right in the middle of the flight crew so the captain just reached out and handed me a beer. It would have made a great commercial for something.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/02/09 09:27 AM
Beer, maybe?
Posted By: davekro Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/02/09 06:26 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Here is my first definite sign spring is coming. My garage, beer fridge has shrunken down to mini-bar size.

That's funny, right there! I don't care who ya are. \:D
Posted By: medic8r Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/03/09 03:53 AM
Larry the Cable Guy! Welcome to the Axiom Message Boards!
Posted By: Murph Re: Signs spring is coming - 04/03/09 12:10 PM
My favorite Larry the Cable Guy line.

"My sister in law is fat...and I say that in a friendly, Christian way."

© Axiom Message Boards