Axiom Home Page
I was watching Iron Man by my self this afternoon, and since nobody else was home, I could listen to it at the levels I like to. It really didn't seem any louder than it "should" but, the action scenes were a bit intense. I've seen the movie a few times before, but usually at -20 on my Pioneer Elite receiver, today it was at -10. At the part where Stark is testing his (now red and gold) suit with the F22 Raptors in pursuit, there was all of a sudden a "muffledness" to the sound. I was thinking CRAP, something is wrong... I turned up the lights and there was the VP150 on the floor. Good thing that it sits under my screen and about a foot off of the floor and the floor as extra thick pad and carpet.

I have never had that happen before. I can only imagine that it was vibrating its way off of the 2 black shelf brackets until it just made its way on to the floor... Crazy! I may need to add a little more "grip" to the brackets with some rubber or something.
I put some small felt pads that are sticky back at the edge of my shelf brackets. It helps the VP150 stay in place, and helps with the upward tilt.
Safety chains. Is there *anything* they can't do ?
Nick, try some of that ... oh, what do call it ... the rubber perforated cabinet liner material, it comes in various colors and can be trimmed to fit the exact size you'll need. We use that stuff for anti-slip material in several locations on the boat and for all kinds of uses around the house.

Glad the speaker survived the fall.
Red Green's duct tape.
Adrian beat me to it. \:\)

Cable ties are the new bailing wire.
 Quote:
Cable ties are the new bailing wire.

Bailing twine! Wire is for wimps.
Just hock a loogie under there.
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Just hock a loogie under there.

Like any sick puppy is going to click on that link to loogie hocking.

Didn't Loogie Hocking play middle infield for the Twins in the 1980's?
I bet CV has the umm *stained* but autographed jersey to prove it.
I thought Lugi Hawking was the pet beagle of that physics guy with the cool robot voice...
© Axiom Message Boards