Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 04:55 PM
http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/monster-cable
Posted By: davekro Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 06:59 PM
Jay, aren't you worried you could get sued for mentioning the name that is to remain nameless? (not Bose this time) \:D \:D
Posted By: Adrian Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 09:07 PM
If anyone owned the "rights" to the word "Monster", I would have thought that it would be Universal Studios who had a whole series of "Monsters"....Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon ect. I'd LMAO if Universal decided to sue the whiny a$$ off of THAT cable company!
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 09:17 PM
I feel bad for any company with the Monster name. They are running the risk of being associated with Monster Cable and having their good reputation sullied.
Monster Cable's tactics are despicable. I think I have one old Monster cable in my system still. I'm very tempted to cut it up and mail it to Noel Lee.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 09:28 PM
On the other hand, these guys may be smarter than we think. This is some seriously cheap publicity that gets their name out in a big way. Most of their lawsuits seem to die after a short period of media sensationalism.

I can't put my hands on them, but I've seen two quotes along the lines of "there is no such thing as bad publicity" and"I don't care what they say about me as long as they publish it".

It may turn some customers off, but it also introduces Monster to a bigger customer pool everytime they do it. Could you imagine how much they could sell if they lined up their pricing (much lower) to match the performance of their products?
Posted By: RickF Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 09:38 PM
Ray has a very good point.

Norrington: "No additional shot nor powder, a compass that doesn't point north,
[looks at Jack's sword]...and I half expected it to be made of wood. You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

Jack Sparrow: "Awww, but you have heard of me."

\:\)
Posted By: Spoiler Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 09:53 PM

Nice, Rick!
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 10:04 PM
I totally disagree. This type of publicity is very bad for them. The owner of that company would not have dropped the lawsuit against moster mini golf and paid for their legal fees if he did not believe the press they were receiving was not detrimental to their company. I think they are finally realizing they can not continue with these frivolous lawsuits because damage control is becoming so overwhelming.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 10:06 PM
Are we sure Noel Lee doesn't have a menstrual cycle?
Posted By: medic8r Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/16/09 10:12 PM
\:D
Posted By: Adrian Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/17/09 12:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: danmagicman7
Are we sure Noel Lee doesn't have a menstrual cycle?
He has a "Monster-all" cycle.
Posted By: jakewash Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/17/09 09:25 AM
I usually mention to those I know to avoid buying Monster just because of the lawsuits, most have taken the advice \:\) , for some the info came too late \:\(
Posted By: Ajax Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/17/09 12:48 PM
Another of the "any publicity is good publicity" quotes is "all PR is good PR as long as you get my name spelled right." I have little respect for Monster Cable due to the cost/quality ratio of their product, their marketing tactics, and their behavior in respect to "protecting" their name.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/17/09 02:05 PM
Amusing timing.

Just yesterday I ordered a couple pairs of interconnects from Blue Jeans Cables . They're replacing the last set of old Monster interconnects in my system that I bought eons ago before I knew any better. ;\)

Perhaps it's time for a bonfire.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/17/09 02:17 PM
That is an awesome read. Little did they know that he was a lawyer before starting Blue Jeans Cable \:\) .
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/17/09 03:58 PM
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
That is an awesome read. Little did they know that he was a lawyer before starting Blue Jeans Cable \:\) .

Yes it is. Especially their response to Monster.

BJC should be a model for any company threatened by Monster. I started buying from BJC because of their quality & reputation. When this Monster BS happened to them, it only hardened my resolve to support them and to never buy another Monster product nor encourage anyone else to ever again.

If I want it cheap and functional, it's from Monoprice. If I want to spend a little more for something of a bit higher quality, it comes from BJC. Period.

Monster can kiss my grits.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: The Monster strikes again - 04/17/09 05:12 PM
I have always been a consumer that likes to support companies that have sound and ethical business practices as well as excellent products. Same thing goes with supporting independent/ local companies. I don't mind paying a little more either.
© Axiom Message Boards