Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 01:07 PM
I know we have a couple on here, so the question is Who are you rooting for? You hate both teams, so which is it?

To everyone else, who do you think will win the series? I'm excited for it to get started tomorrow night. Back to back championships would be amazing!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 01:10 PM
All I know is that there is no crying. There's no crying in baseball.
Posted By: Adrian Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 01:33 PM
Rule #47, subsection 8a, paragraph 3:

"A baseball player may only cry when appearing on National TV, after having been caught using performance enhancing drugs, claiming that it was the fan pressure and THEIR desire to win which forced said baseball to cheat, not the 5 yr $90 million contract proposal made by the player and his agent."
Posted By: medic8r Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 01:52 PM
I know that Snakeyes is a Mets fan. He usually has a Mets avatar.

As a Red Sox fan, I know the Yankees more than I know the Phillies. The Yankees look pretty tough, and I have a feeling that this is their year. They always go out and outspend everyone on free agents (I know, the Red Sox also do that), and this year, it seems as though they have finally bought themselves that title.

I'd be happy to see your Phils disprove my hypothesis, of course.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 01:53 PM
Sorry, can't contribute...I follow the Twins, Cardinals, and White Sox.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 02:55 PM
I am going for the Phillies. The Yankees are a really good team and should be the favorites to win the series. The pitcher I am keeping an eye on is A.J Burnett who has played very well so far this postseason but is very beatable. He has some really excellent"stuff" but he can lack consistency and control. If he has control problems and can't throw that deadly breaking ball for a strike, look for the Phillies to take advantage of this. If they can get a win in the second game, it will be a great series. The Yankees ace is unbeatable right now.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 03:56 PM
Any self-respecting baseball fan who was not born or raised in NYC should loathe the Yankees.

I'm sad that Jamie Moyer is out for the season, but will be rooting for Raul Ibanez, Greg Dobbs and crew.
Posted By: SRoode Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 10:59 PM
I'm a Mets fan and I don't hate the Phillies. I DO HATE THE YANKEEES.

So, it's an easy call for me.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 11:07 PM
I'm not a baseball fan at all, but can I hate the Yankees? It seems like the hip, fun thing to do.
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/27/09 11:13 PM
First off, let me say to any Mets fans, I'm so sorry! Living in the Yankees' shadow must suck, and having to root for one of the worst teams in baseball is just sad. And we Yankees fans thrive on the fact that everyone hates (envies?) us.

The Yankees will not be denied this year. Their bats are too hot, the defense is awesome and their pitching is rock solid (except for AJ on occasion). It probably won't be a sweep, but the Yankees will win!

P.S. I hope the umpiring is better than it was in the ALCS. Never seen so many blatant bonehead calls.
Posted By: SRoode Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/28/09 12:13 AM
Don't hate you, hate the Yankees organization and what they helped do to contribute to baseball's ridiculous price structure. And, it's easy to be a fan of any team... Just say you are, and you are. You can always change it, and there's no secret handshake to get in. I could be a Yankee fan in 1 second if I wanted to. All I would have to do is say I am. Not so hard to do really.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/28/09 12:34 AM
It's not envy. Nobody likes "smug".
Posted By: Adrian Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/28/09 01:18 AM
I don't particularily like any team of any sport that hires mercenaries to win championships and nobody does it better, or should I say worse, than the Yankees. Honourable mention to Manchester United.

Also why I don't like Ferrari as well, they've got the FIA in their back pocket and pay the driver bajillions on top of that.

I also don't like brussel sprouts.
Posted By: CV Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/28/09 04:02 AM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
It's not envy. Nobody likes "smug".

I thought that's why some people said they liked Apple's "I'm a Mac / I'm a PC" ad campaign.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/28/09 06:35 AM
Fat lot of good it did Ferrari this year!

Bye bye, Kimi!

well, i think we had a good car this weekend; i'm really excited to have gotten on the podium this time... </quiet monotone>
Posted By: davidsch Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/28/09 11:44 AM
I used to follow baseball (really since I was about 8 yrs old) but Roger Clemens and the rest of the steroid boys turned me off to the point that I spend my time on other sports now. I guess that I would pull for the Phillies since I frequent Jake's Philly Steaks which is run by a family from Pennsylvania. The Phillies in the World Series means good business for him.
Posted By: Zarak Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/29/09 03:37 AM
1 game down 3 to go for the Phils! What a performance by Lee tonight. Made the Yankees lineup look like the Nationals.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/29/09 04:45 PM
Cliff Lee was amazing. Chase Utley and Rauuuuuuul Ibanez! More please!!
Posted By: alan Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/29/09 04:53 PM
He was indeed! The Yankees should hang their heads in shame. Now they're really going to have to work to earn their $100 million contracts.

Alan
Posted By: davidsch Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/29/09 05:04 PM
With 3 strikeouts from A-Rod, he really has his work cut out for him.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/29/09 06:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: davidsch
With 3 strikeouts from A-Rod A-Roid, he really has his work cut out for him.

Posted By: medic8r Re: A World Series question for Mets fans - 10/29/09 08:37 PM
+1 on the amazing Cliff Lee. I laughed out loud when he caught that pop-up so nonchalantly, and again when he gloved that grounder behind his back. I only saw a few bits of the game, but seems like I tuned in for the right comic relief moments.
© Axiom Message Boards