Axiom Home Page
Where did I go?

Did I divorce my axioms for someone else of lesser size and quality, but yet more money...Bose? Did I move off to some far away country? Have I been living off cheez-its ever since graduating college?

I've got a job in south Florida. That's pretty much it :-)

Thought I'd stop by and give you some pics of my apartment. Finally got everything setup, have some more pictures in the mail to hang too!

Very nice looking apartment you've set up, Dan!

Dude, you're almost out of JD!
Posted By: CV Re: Dan's Delightful Dor...err Apartment Theater - 01/22/10 05:27 AM
Nice to hear from you, Dan. It looks like you're keeping your apartment nice and tidy so far. What gives? And Cheez-Its rule. I've been eating regular Cheez-Its lately, but I've been craving the Hot & Spicy. Mmm.
Looks great. I like the way it maintains the core elements of your dorm room HT layout but spreads out to make full use of the space.

Does the living room ceiling really slope down or did we drink too much of your JD ?
Dan, it looks like despite the added space you're at least partially duplicating your beloved dorm-room theater. Not quite 99 bottles of beer on the wall.
Cool space.

Ah, the joys of alcohol related home furnishings. The memories.
 Originally Posted By: CV
Nice to hear from you, Dan. It looks like you're keeping your apartment nice and tidy so far. What gives? And Cheez-Its rule. I've been eating regular Cheez-Its lately, but I've been craving the Hot & Spicy. Mmm.

To be honest, we're having people over tomorrow and I just cleaned up the place. I had crap EVERYWHERE. Drills, this project, that project, you name it. Soon it will feel like home again :-)

For example, there is crap all over the floor in my bedroom still. I think I've had a sheet of bubble wrap in the same spot for about a month now. Scares the bujeezus out of me every time I step on it. I occasionally scream.

Hot & Spicy are my favorite. You have good taste, my friend.

Yes, the ceilings are vaulted. For a wide open space, my STF2 does a great job of pressurizing...well..the whole apartment. Who says you need a massive sub?

And, what do you mean almost out of JD...bottle looks empty to me now. Oh.

Thought about making a row of JD bottles behind my double sized wine bottles in my "bookshelf bottle collection" but figured that would be an exercise of near liver failure.

Eventually I'll get some sort of entertainment table with a TV...but the computer+monitor+speakers+HT setup has never really failed me. I don't get cable to save money...and I just download all my TV shows, so it makes sense for a computer-driven setup. Not sure I'd know what to do with myself if that was no longer the way things were :-).

Thanks for the kind comments. I just got the Steigman "Blown Away" picture in yesterday. It's great hanging up above my axioms \:D Have a "Nightwhawks" framed piece coming in too, going above the dinette table. Should make that side of the apartment look a bit less white.
Where are the cheez-its?

Oh, and nice apartment. That computer chair really ties the room together, man.
Nice setup! It’s cool they let you hang things on the walls.
Awesome place.... reminds me a bit of my first place, but I had shag carpeting instead of that fancy-schmantzy bubble-wrap floor covering.
Nice Pad! You need to get the JD away from the 'real' whiskey though before just it's awful smell taints the good stuff.

My apologies to all Americans for that last remark.
Not all Americans worship at Jack's altar. I never drink it straight, but it's occasionally nice with Coke.
beautiful scotches. Enjoy.
I still can't find the Cheez-Its...
Nope, I'm with you, Murph.
Where's Waldo?
 Originally Posted By: grunt
Nice setup! It’s cool they let you hang things on the walls.

Ha. See the vertical blinds? They are screwed into a corner metal bead. (one of these things: http://images.orgill.com/200x200/7160468.jpg) Too bad that corner bead wasn't screwed into anything else, but rather puttied to the underlying concrete. Yes, putty.

1/3 of it ripped out from the drywall when I pulled down on the blinds one time. Had to fix it because I didn't want to deal with our apartment complaining. I think that gives me a license to do whatever I want to the walls :-)

Keep looking for the cheez-its. I promise they are there somewhere.
 Quote:
I just got the Steigman "Blown Away" picture in yesterday.

That picture is a classic. One of the very best add campaigns of the '70s
How time does fly ... seems like just not long ago we were watching you get ready for your trip to college, with your Axiom bags packed and now it's an apartment in Florida.

Looking good there young man and congrats on all of the new digs!
Nice apartment, Dan!
Glad to hear from you! Very clean looking place you've got there.
Posted By: CV Re: Dan's Delightful Dor...err Apartment Theater - 01/25/10 02:14 AM
I'm eating Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its. I know you all wanted to be updated when I got some, so consider yourselves informed.
Fascinating.
All this talk about Cheez-Its make me think of this David Blaine parody video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrTvNzGCZE
Posted By: CV Re: Dan's Delightful Dor...err Apartment Theater - 01/25/10 05:34 PM
\:\) That's great. I should share it with the guys on the Axiom board.
Ken, you are a riot.

I've been listening to the new Weezer CD and I'm just about convinced that CV is Rivers Cuomo, lurking in disguise on our boards.
Posted By: CV Re: Dan's Delightful Dor...err Apartment Theater - 01/25/10 07:08 PM
Yay, someone thinks I went to Harvard.
You can always tell a Harvard man. (But you can't tell him much.)
© Axiom Message Boards