Axiom Home Page
Posted By: zero002021 Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 07:41 PM
Our home treadmill stopped working about a year ago and I've been meaning to replace it. I started looking at new treadmills and reading reviews, but I can't seem to find a reliable treadmill. They all seem to be poorly made, braking down often and require constant maintenance.

Does anyone here own a home treadmill that they can recommend? If so, what brand/model is it? How long have you had it? Do you walk, run or jog?

My budget is between $1,500-$2,000. Here is a commercial treadmill that I am currently looking at:
http://shop.bjs.com/Endurance-Commercial...6VVviewprod.htm
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 07:49 PM
Treadmill, never come across one; I choose to neither walk, run or jog.
Posted By: Wid Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 07:50 PM

Oh man, LOL
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 08:17 PM
Zero, I would recommend you consider an eliptical versus another treadmill. We had a nice Cadence treadmill for many years, once it died my wife did tons of research. We now have a Schwinn adjustable stride eliptical, rated very good. Don't know why I ever had a treadmill now.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 08:45 PM
Eliptical trainers are supposed to give you a much better workout than a treadmill, burning more calories, as well as being easier on your joints(knees). Btw, I had a look around for the same Schwinn you recommended to me Randy, but only found some of the 'lesser' models with no adjustment although I saw a few competitors adjustable models. Here's to hoping winter is short so I can get my bike out!!
Posted By: grunt Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:00 PM
Unless you want the treadmill to supplement road/trail running for when you can’t get out then I concur with Randy you should get an elliptical. They are usually less expensive up front for the same quality level, more robust overall, more versatile (you can run backwards safely), easier on your body and also less expensive in the long run since you still wear out shoes on a treadmill.

Again I would only use a treadmill as a training aid for running when you simply can’t get somewhere safe to run.
Posted By: grunt Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
Eliptical trainers are supposed to give you a much better workout than a treadmill, burning more calories, as well as being easier on your joints(knees). Btw, I had a look around for the same Schwinn you recommended to me Randy, but only found some of the 'lesser' models with no adjustment although I saw a few competitors adjustable models. Here's to hoping winter is short so I can get my bike out!!

AFAIK independent tests (not manufacturers) show no significant difference in the effects of treadmills and normal elliptical use. Going backward on an elliptical targets different muscles but that’s all. They are easier on your body as you point out. However, treadmills are usually easier on your body then running on such things as pavement. OTOH some treadmills do have belts that take some of the weight off your feet to there’s not as much impact stress.

Posted By: CV Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:13 PM
What about running barefoot on the grassy plains?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:14 PM
I get all my exercise by fidgeting.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:17 PM
I get all my exercise by charging my kinetic watch, which I have been doing for the last 45 minutes, and my arm feels like it's about to fall off.
Posted By: CV Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:17 PM
Oh, yeah, I wanted to thank you for sitting still long enough to read the Wheel of Time and make those spreadsheets. I'm glad to hear you liked the new book. Now I really need to make the time to re-read the series myself.
Posted By: zero002021 Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:22 PM
How tall should my ceiling be if I'm going to get an elliptical?

The problem is whichever device I get, whether treadmill or elliptical, is that it's going in the basement. I don't know if the ceiling is high enough for an elliptical trainer, as they generally seem to be higher off the ground than a treadmill.

For example, compare these two:
http://shop.bjs.com/Endurance-Commercial...6VVviewprod.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Variable-S...65577303&sr=8-3

Looking at the images, the elliptical seems to be much higher off the ground, and I think my head would hit the ceiling.
Posted By: grunt Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:22 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
What about running barefoot on the grassy plains?

It’s freaking awesome until you step on the piece of broken glass some A$$ Hole left out for you. No never happened to me but I have pulled glass, nails, razor blades, tacks, screws, thorns, sharp rocks, barbed wire, tip of a syringe and odd assortment of biologically generated funk out of my shoes. Run barefoot at your own risk. I don’t even do it at the beach.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:24 PM
My pleasure, trust me. Hopefully the new author will stay on schedule...
Posted By: CV Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 09:26 PM
 Originally Posted By: grunt
It’s freaking awesome

I only read this far. I wonder what the world has in store for me.
Posted By: grunt Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 10:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
 Originally Posted By: grunt
It’s freaking awesome

I only read this far. I wonder what the world has in store for me.

Tetanus shots.
Posted By: CV Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 10:16 PM
\:\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 10:27 PM
\:\) \:\)
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/07/10 10:46 PM
I've had my treadmill for almost 2 years and not a single problem, so far. It's a Vision Fitness brand. I bought their cheapest one at $1000.00.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/08/10 05:28 PM
High arches and damaged knees have forced me to a life of running on tread mills. Plus, there’s ice and snow on the ground six months out of the year where I live and it rains four of the remaining months. We have an elliptical in the house (Life Fitness model), but I prefer to run. The treadmills I prefer are the Precor models. I find that they have a softer bed and are much easier on my knees. Some treadmills (like the Life Fitness models) have very hard beds and I can’t run on them. If I had room in the house for a treadmill, I’d have one sitting next to the elliptical and it would be a Precor.
Posted By: Argon Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/08/10 07:01 PM
I have a TRUE Treadmill that I have had for about 7 or 8 years. I jog around 6.5 mph on it - my wife and daughters use it. I purchased it after running on one at work. I use it as a supplement to running outside - bad weather or later at night or whatever. The Schwinn place in Winston sold it to me - don't know if they still carry it....
Posted By: jakewash Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/09/10 04:31 PM
I have a Vision Fitness treadmill and it works very well for me but it is one of the upper end models, T9600 . I bought it when I was actually doing lots of running so the extra expense was wise as I find many home treadmills just don't cut it for true training.

I also agree with michaeld, Precor makes a very cushy board system and there are some days I wish I went that route.

I have tried ellipticalls and still prefer a treadmill. I get a better workout while running and using a treadmill is more beneficial to actual training for runs, running sports, etc., IMO, as you are ACTUALLY running and using the same muscles, well almost, nothing beats going outside for a run.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/09/10 04:48 PM
Zero,

Our house has 8ft ceilings in our bedroom. On the Schwinn 460 I have about 9-10" of space above my head, and I am almost 6ft.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/09/10 07:06 PM
Almost 6 feet tall, and 102 lbs.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/09/10 07:14 PM
Sounds like me.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/09/10 08:42 PM
Around 4 feet tall, and 400 pounds.
Posted By: Murph Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 02/10/10 12:23 PM
I bet you beat the heck out of us for low end torque though. \:\)
Posted By: michael_d Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/05/11 09:02 PM
Reviving this thread, as I am in the market for a treadmill. We sold the high end, $4000 elliptical, which was cleverly disguised as coat hanger most of its life in the house. I hate ellipticals, so convincing arguments for me to buy one will not have an effect.

Seams like whenever I go to the gym, the few treadmills they have are either broke or being used and the gym's hours are not in alignment with my hours.

I'd like to keep the cost under $1500 so I can afford a new projector this season. I was looking at some commercial grade machines and they start out at around $4500, which is too much, so I need a good home machine. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm about 200 pounds and probably run about 15-20 miles per week.

I see that Costco has an Epic TL2015 for about a grand. I have not heard of this brand.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/05/11 09:13 PM
I hate ellipticals, too!

That's all I got, sorry.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/05/11 09:24 PM
"clink* as two wine glasses touch....
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/05/11 09:26 PM
I've used a $900 (store marked down price) VISION FITNESS treadmill for the past, oh about 6 years and never had a problem with it. It gets used at least 30 minutes once a week, sometimes more.

I've never re-greased the tread... Put this on my list of things to do really soon.

It doesn't look like they make the cheaper ones like I bought any more, but here's their current cheapest one with deluxe display for $1,700.00. http://home.visionfitness.com/treadmills/t9200/deluxe/

No wonder I had such a hard time carrying this thing around, it weights 225 lbs. I had help and we used a 2 wheeler and it was still difficult. One mistake we made I wouldn't make again, is to make sure the heavy end (with motor) is at the bottom of the 2 wheeler, not at the top. (Unit in shipping carton)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/05/11 11:23 PM
I would highly recommend jumping up in price for a little more durability. I have this VisionFitness model and it has been a great buy. I also liked some Precor models I tried out prior to buying the Visionfitness.

Here is a link to Runners World reviews. The last few in the review are in your price range.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/06/11 01:03 AM
2500? This is tough....treadmill, projector, new HE lens, that damn VP160 that I've been waiting for, Hawaii, CNC port work, twin disk clutch..... I need to hit the lottery.

So how's the bed on the Vision? One thing I need is a soft bed or my knees will hate it.
Posted By: Argon Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/06/11 02:01 AM
I have a TRUE treadmill that I have had for years. Haven't run on it much lately but It used to get daily use 30 minutes minimum.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/06/11 02:15 AM
I too have bad knees and I do not even try to run outside till I have run on this treadmill for at least a month or so.

The 9600 I have generally gets knocked for having a thicker softer belt, which can wear out the motor and panels faster but I haven't seen much wear on it in the 5 years I have had it but I haven't used it nearly as much in the last couple of years.
I do know of a few people that have a hard time running on a treadmill, not natural enough for them and it hurts their knees.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/06/11 12:06 PM
I just take glucosamine +MSM for the knees. One of the best things I've ever done. They were starting to make some noise when I walked about 6 years ago. Haven't had a problem with them since.
Posted By: Murph Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/06/11 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
"clink* as two wine glasses touch....

I suppose next it will be "Slurp.. the same piece of spaghetti....

Not that there is anything wrong with that!
....said in my best Jerry Seinfeld voice
Posted By: jakewash Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/06/11 10:31 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I just take glucosamine +MSM for the knees. One of the best things I've ever done. They were starting to make some noise when I walked about 6 years ago. Haven't had a problem with them since.
I tried Glucosamine and Chondroiton and MSM and...and.... nothing helps these damaged knees; best I have found is to not stop and keep moving even just a little.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/08/11 02:18 AM
Mike, the February issue of Consumer Reports tested and rated 25 treadmills. A "Best Buy" was the Horizon Fitness T202($800, 55" tread). Also available is the T203($1000, 60" tread, adjustable cushioning).
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/08/11 01:54 PM
Glucosamine and Chondroiton do help, you just have to take them for a pretty long time to reap the benefits.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/08/11 07:56 PM
Well I spent a day wandering around to the different fitness stores and larger chain stores trying out different machines. I quickly took the folding models out of the running. They just aren't stable enough for someone my size to be running on. I also found out that it takes at least $2000 to get into the ball park of quality machines, even for home use. Now that's for running. If someone just wants to walk, anything would be fine, I suppose. I looked at Life Cycle, Vision Fitness, Precor, Landice, True and a bunch of other chain store brands. Dollar for dollar, I found the True models to be quite a bargain. They were more stable than the Precor models, had just as many features, same warranty, but they just felt more robust. I have not heard of True, but was told they've been around a long time. They don't feel too stiff or too soft, but just about right. The PS900 had an adjustable suspension, but I couldn't tell any difference, so I opted to save a grand and go with the next model down the food chain. I also got one with the Ortho belt, as I preferred the way it felt. Ended up blowing $2800 on the PS300 model. None were in stock, so I get to wait three weeks before I pick it up.

http://www.truefitness.com/products/residential-home-fitness-equipment/treadmills/17/ps300-treadmill
Posted By: BobKay Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/08/11 08:22 PM
I used to spend just about that amount each year on ciggies. Michael, you spent $$ to help insure that you will live longer so you can have more healthy years to spend more $$ on stuff that doesn't do you any good.

Hope you enjoy using it. FYI, I've found that they make great valets when ironing shirts.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/09/11 12:20 AM
But how many lineal feet of clothes will hang on it?

j/k, Mike. I always appreciate the thorough research you do on such things, and your absolute commitment to quality. I also like that you actually make a decision.

So, will you listen to tunes or watch TV or something while using this contraption?
Posted By: Argon Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/09/11 04:00 AM
I say again, I have a TRUE and it has seen a lot of action - not just as a clothes hanger either. You have to wax the deck under the the tread every so often and that is about it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/09/11 04:12 PM
Michael, I know what you mean about having to pay for something stable for larger users.

You have to wax the deck on ALL treadmills, some just not as often as others and be sure to find out if your manufacturer recommends a silicone based wax or parafin.

True makes great machine, I am sure you will be very happy with your purchase.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/09/11 06:10 PM
I hate buying things twice Tom, that's why I spend a little more and buy as high of quality I can within my means. I have a rec room in the house where I have a TV. I can't stand running in place without something to watch. It's usually the news in the morning to see just how much money I'm going to loose in the market that day.

Oh, I didn't notice your earlier reply Argon, sorry. I've been reading some of the reviews (after the fact) and True has a mixed following. Some feel they are overpriced and use cheap parts and to expect to shell out money on maintenance. Then they go on to say they have the best belt and decks in the business. The only precor model that was even close to the one I bought was 1500 more. I'm not sure what these reviewers are talking about. I reckon I'm fixin to find out.
Posted By: Argon Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/10/11 10:49 PM
I don't know about cheap parts but since you said that, it jarred my memory. One of the wheels mysteriously broke while my daughter and/or boyfriend were using it. I found out like 6 months later when I noticed it was supported on the one side by plywood scraps. Since I don't move it, I never replaced it. Probably will one day....
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/17/11 06:07 AM
I'm in the market for a new treadmill as well. Anyone know much about Smooth treadmills? I've been considering them for a long time, and they seem to get good reviews. I think you can only order them direct.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 10/17/11 06:12 AM
Smooth is ID only like Axiom and like Axiom are a pretty good bang for the buck. I can't seem to remember nor find on the Net the info I came across a number of years ago when I was looking at treadmills but Smooth is the ID version of one of the main players in the market.

I had second thoughts about buying something so large and heavy from an ID company, pretty hard to ship back on your own if you really don't like it.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/07/13 04:44 PM
Reviving thread, sales imminent!

Our good ol' Canadian Tire stores are having some pretty decent sales on treadmills coming up this week. I am thinking of getting one as my wife has mentioned it several times and I use them when traveling in hotels and can't run outside. It's also her birthday soon. However I know NOTHING about treadmills and am curious if anyone is familiar with the following brand names (that are my sale targets):

- Livestrong (LS10 elliptical or LS13 treadmill)
- Tempo(model 632T)
- Horizon (model CT5.3)

Would you recommend or suggest to stay away from any of these brands/models? All thoughts/comments are welcome. I would like to avoid buyers remorse due to poor build quality/design.

Thanks!

Dan
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/07/13 05:45 PM
I picked up a Horizon T101. I think that might be equivalent to the CT5.3. It's pretty good for an inexpensive home treadmill. No issues to speak of yet. Assembly is pretty easy, especially if your 5 year old doesn't cut all the straps off the box when it's on its side.

We've only had it for about a month, though.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/07/13 05:55 PM
All year round I go for a 1 to 2 hour walk everyday (keeps blood sugars in check) in our beautiful surroundings on VR Island. It's free & no gear to buy - except for shoes, ha!

Great if one can do it...

TAM
Posted By: cb919 Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/07/13 07:36 PM
Yeah TAM, I am jealous of that. Having once lived out your way in Victoria I know exactly of what you speak. Unfortunately for us it's not just weather, but there are apparently laws about leaving young ones unattended wink So aerobic time may be while they are playing or after they go to bed, but confined to the house. That's why the treadmill is under consideration.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 03:52 AM
Ah feel your pain...

TAM
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 05:25 PM
For those still gripped in winter, I'm cancelling my walk today. Going golfing instead (course is 5 minute walk from my place) - for the second time this week.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist, ha!!

TAM
Posted By: Murph Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 05:38 PM
Curses!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 05:39 PM
Pensioners can be cruel, sometimes.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 05:46 PM
Got you beat Tom, I'm going for the third time but I have to work the weekend.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 06:15 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Pensioners can be cruel, sometimes.

I was not familiar with this word until I started watching Top Gear (UK). Language win!

Do you also call your GPS unit a "SatNav?" wink
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 06:30 PM
Of course.

And I'm meant to put out the rubbish bin on Friday.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 06:33 PM
Don't you mean pout and Fridaey?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 06:35 PM
I'd rather golf only twice/week & not go to work on the weekend, ha!

Our municipal golf course (Comox Golf Club - 5400 yds/18) is an absolute steal when it comes to green fees. They are regularly $24 (incl tax); however, a month before Christmas they put on their 10 X Punch Cards for $150 (incl tax) thus making a 9-hole round for $15. I bought 4 cards for $600 that is less than half price of a yearly membership. Four cards will easily get me through the summer & fall.

Quite affordable for us old pensioners who don't need to use Sat/Nav to find the next hole, oops, I mean GPS...

TAM
Posted By: cb919 Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 06:49 PM
You guys are killing me! One helpful post (thanks Ken) before you joined the derail fray! grin Yes, I would rather be golfing than shopping for treadmills!!!!!

Reviews on treadmills are all over the place. I have been researching since I posted and am not really much farther ahead. The Livestrong unit from Canadian Tire looks to be a good buy at $1199, but I am tempted to spend a bit more for less frills and get what is a (supposedly, what do I know?) better unit like a Precor 9.27. By specs alone it looks like you can't beat the bang for the buck on the Smooth Fitness treadmills, but I have found too many horror stories of issues and bad customer service even though all the reviews seem to be stellar. Don't think I can take that chance of ID with no return shipping on items this big and heavy.
Any other brands or advice to consider out there? Anyone, anyone,.... Bueller?

Alrighty then, back to golf! wink
Posted By: medic8r Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: cb919
Anyone? ... Bueller?

... Bueller?

... Bueller?

When I'm feeling impish, I go to Starbucks, give my name as Bueller, and then disappear. I try to wait at least three calls of my name before I pick up my drink.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 07:30 PM
I did my research at http://treadmilldoctor.com, for whatever that's worth.

Bunga bunga.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 07:44 PM
I'd get the Precor because it sounds better.

And don't forget to plug it into a surge suppressor. Seriously.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 08:24 PM
Sounds like the Precor's a good unit.

Surge suppressor, Tom?
Posted By: cb919 Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 08:28 PM
Thanks Ken, I am looking at that site and also:

http://www.reliabletreadmillreviews.com/

The treadmill doctor site rated the Smooth as one of the best buys, and on paper I agree, but Google searching shows me close to 50% of reviews complain about customer service, so am a little leary of a site that recommends something that looks to be a bit of an ID scam outfit.
In any case, I am having a hard time finding a model I'm interested in that gets consistent reviews. The Precor is built on a great commercial name, but I seem to be learning the residential versions are over priced.

Research continues...

Edit - I got so caught up in reviews and comparisons I lost track of learning the basics. This page was useful once Ken put me back to the treadmill doctor page:
http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Treadmill-Buyers-guide

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 08:43 PM
Yes, Ken. My experience indicates that it is good practice to use a surge suppressor on some home treadmills. The boards can be expensive.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 08:59 PM
Then I will dig out a surge suppressor to plug mine into.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 09:05 PM
Plus they run smoother on the cleaned-up power.

I replaced the A/C cord on mine with a 2-guage oxygen-free Silver cord, and I replaced the caps in the boards.

Now, it goes to 11. Cleanly.

I've heard.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 09:08 PM
And it also helps if you keep the incline high to keep the cords off of the floor - a huge performance gain.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 09:21 PM
I refuse to buy a treadmill until Apple makes one.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 09:28 PM
True, imagine this:

You step onto the Apple treadmill wearing your Apple smartwatch. The watch transmits your heart rate and mood to the treadmill which projects a running path to your AppleTV based on what you're feeling like - new Genius feature. Then as you start to walk or run, you are on the virtual path set out for you projected through AppleTV - up a mountain side, along a beach. Your music is of course intrinsic to all of this. Birds are chirping and life is wonderful. Just don't stop and pee in the bushes. smirk
Posted By: medic8r Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 10:34 PM
As Tom would say, "Well played, Dan."

I would also accept a treadmill from Dyson. With cyclone technology.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/08/13 11:21 PM
Derailing again then I'll stay out of it.

My golfing buddy had his GPS (SatNav?) with us. Our zig-zagging around the 9-hole course was 4.57 KMs or close to 3 miles...

TAM
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/09/13 12:03 AM
Well done, gentlemen. You've closed my work week with your usual style and wit.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/09/13 02:10 AM
Dan, I don't use a treadmill(I run up and down the steps in the courthouse)and I relied on the Consumer Reports tests to suggest the Horizon models I did earlier in this thread. You might take a look at the CR test results at your library.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/09/13 02:14 AM
somehow this went out before I was finished????
Posted By: jakewash Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/09/13 02:15 AM
I have been very happy with my Vision Fitness T9600, but for the ones you are looking at I would go with the Precor or the Horizon.

So far as CS goes, after we moved back in 2010, something went wrong with the T9600; it would suddenly stop while in use. After a call to the customer support line and some minor diagnosing they shipped out what they thought was the problem, no luck, shipped out another piece, still no luck, one final shipment and all is well. Luckily I was just within the 5 year warranty so no charges and I now have some spare parts for any future repairs, worked out pretty well for me.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Home Treadmill Recommendations - 03/09/13 11:30 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
I run up and down the steps in the courthouse

::Cue the Rocky Theme on a tube amp system::
© Axiom Message Boards