Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Potatohead The Masters - 04/08/10 03:28 AM
Man, I love this tournament. This is possibly my favorite weekend of the year.

I'd like to see someone like Sergio break through. I think Tiger will be there, but I'd be surprised if he won.

Any other fans?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 03:29 AM
Yep, I usually watch Saturday and Sunday since I work on the weekdays. \:\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 04:09 AM
Random musings from an Augustan: I appreciate the tourism dollars. I saw a Bentley today with the Quebec license plate 1ST CDN. Ahead of me in the grocery store was an Australian family stocking up on bottled water. I would like to eat out soon, but I know better since the waits will be unbelievable, and when you finally get seated, you're handed a menu with prices 1.5 to 2x what you normally pay.

But I do love the tournament on TV. Truly "a tradition like no other."
Posted By: Potatohead Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 05:06 AM
I know that place is apparently full of hugely snobbish people, but I have to say if I could pick five courses to play before I die, Augusta would be one, really without a second thought. I've played some pretty nice tracks (Doral Blue, Torrey Pines and PGA West Stadium off the top of my head) but I'm sure they wouldn't even hold a candle.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 05:27 AM
The Masters has always been my favorite major, it should really be something with the return of Tiger.
Posted By: RickF Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 08:28 AM
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
Random musings from an Augustan: I appreciate the tourism dollars. I saw a Bentley today with the Quebec license plate 1ST CDN. Ahead of me in the grocery store was an Australian family stocking up on bottled water. I would like to eat out soon, but I know better since the waits will be unbelievable, and when you finally get seated, you're handed a menu with prices 1.5 to 2x what you normally pay.

Sounds like a typical Florida winter.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 11:15 AM
t-shirt weather, lol
Posted By: davidsch Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 11:38 AM
I am geared up for it as well. This will be the first Masters that I get to watch on a HDTV in my house. I know, I know. I am late to the HDTV game, but all of my discretionary funds had been going into my audio system for years.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 12:43 PM
 Originally Posted By: davidsch
all of my discretionary funds had been going into my audio system for years.

And now you're looking forward to watching something with whispers and hushed reactions? \:\)

I really wish I wasn't so tied up with so many things at the moment. I really, really want to just sit down and watch the Masters for all four days....
Posted By: medic8r Re: The Masters - 04/08/10 01:30 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I really wish I wasn't so tied up with so many things at the moment.

Then you shouldn't have taught Joyce all of those Navy knots ...
Posted By: Potatohead Re: The Masters - 04/09/10 05:38 PM
Man, what a great first day. I am taping the second round so trying not to find out what is going on, but if Couples was there at the end that would be fantastic.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: The Masters - 04/09/10 08:56 PM
My BIL made a bet in Vegas when were there a few weeks ago for the start of March Madness. He did a 150:1 bet on someone we never heard of. Well, Ricky Barnes is in 4th. Could be a nice return on $10...
Posted By: Potatohead Re: The Masters - 04/09/10 09:17 PM
He was up there in the US Open last year too, I'm assuming that's how he got into the Masters field. Good player, just can't quite put it together it seems.
© Axiom Message Boards