Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ya_basta THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/13/10 10:04 PM
Well, here it is!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/13/10 10:10 PM
It would be slightly more believable if he wasn't talking about a Nissan Xterra. Or something with 265HP that weighs 5-6000lbs.
Posted By: fredk Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/13/10 10:29 PM
OK, that was funny.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/13/10 11:36 PM
Heh, it has an automatic transmission. Poseur.
Posted By: jakewash Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/13/10 11:40 PM
Mildly amuseing. I think Real80sman could appreciate it, with the Tom Selleck reference and Hammer pants etc. wink .
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/14/10 02:31 AM
Well, sufficed to say that we don't all share my inane sense of humor.

My favorite part was "Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah" laugh
Posted By: fredk Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/14/10 04:01 AM
I can only imagine he was well on his way through a 12 pack before he started writing. I wonder how many hits he is getting?
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/14/10 11:44 AM
Fred, if you're talking about his advertisement, it's got another 100 views since I first saw it. My sister sent it to my friends and I on Facebook, so I imagine it'll be passed around on it. If you mean actual responses, I would venture to bet he's received a few. He lives in Douro-Dummer (or the dumber part of Douro), which is just on the outskirts of Peterborough - a 5-10 minute drive from me. Here we say they're woven from the same cloth, so I could see a few taking him seriously grin .
Posted By: Adrian Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/14/10 12:09 PM
Quite funny, but I liked the punchline the best....$18000 for an '04 Xterra, now THAT'S hilarious!!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/14/10 05:27 PM
LOL. Adrian, RESPECT the '04 Xterra! smirk
Originally Posted By: jakewash
Mildly amuseing. I think Real80sman could appreciate it, with the Tom Selleck reference and Hammer pants etc. wink .

Hey Jay, you better watch it or I'll dig out my baggy "parachute pants" for the get together in September!
LOL - If I would have been on the ball, I would have grown my mullet back for the occasion as well.
Posted By: jakewash Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/15/10 03:09 AM
laugh
Posted By: davidsch Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/17/10 11:58 AM
That was pretty funny. I bet he ends up taking something very close to the $9,000 figure that produces such a voilent reaction in him.
Posted By: medic8r Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/17/10 01:24 PM
Agreed.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/17/10 06:34 PM
I may give him a call for fun as he'd probably be entertaining to talk to; postulating that his ad is exemplary of his demeanor. Heck, there's a good chance I know the guy.
Posted By: medic8r Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/17/10 06:45 PM
His ad reminds me of some of the over-the-top reviews for certain products on Amazon: Tuscan whole milk, Zubaz pants, and the Three Wolf Moon shirt. Also the Uranium ore and the Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/tank.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/17/10 06:54 PM
Those are damn funny! I especially like the second review for Tuscan whole milk......... too funny! Brilliant stuff IMO.
Posted By: jakewash Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/17/10 06:59 PM
I must have been in a bad mood the first time I read the original ad, I am appreciating it more now and I really like those reviews, very creative.
Posted By: medic8r Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/17/10 08:30 PM
wheelz, I finally found the link for the JL421 Badonakadonk Land Cruiser Tank. I think you will be well-pleased with the reviews:

Recommended only for use against Lithuanians.
Posted By: fredk Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/17/10 08:37 PM
I like the customized Obamkadonk, but I think they meant room for 5 midgets not 5 adults.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/18/10 01:56 AM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
wheelz, I finally found the link for the JL421 Badonakadonk Land Cruiser Tank. I think you will be well-pleased with the reviews:

Recommended only for use against Lithuanians.

"Oh, it also has plenty of room for groceries, and if you need to like move a loveseat or something it'll fit if you use a little bungee cord."

BAHAHAHA laugh laugh laugh ......... Priceless!

Thanks J.P!
Posted By: Murph Re: THE best classified ad ever, bar none! - 08/23/10 12:50 PM
Hilarious Wheelz!

I've been on the trails with a few XTerras and I have to admit, they hold their own compared to most stock SUVs. Too bad the frames seemed prone to crack on them. Otherwise, they are a Manly if ugly vehicle.

Say what you will about Toyota but my truck sports a brand new 'free' frame, springs, exhaust etc. just because it was on a list where it was known to have received some Very rust prone steel for the frames for a couple of years. My Buddy went back to Nissan with an absolutely never off roaded, two year old, under warranty Xterra with a seriously cracked frame on the drivers side where the motor compartment meets the cab. Despite returning a couple of times armed with a pile of Internet evidence of similar complaints and consumer reports and all he could get was a "You abused it, you pay for it." attitude. They also said it was unrepairable. After a few letters from his lawyer and a summons, they said they would fix it and ended up giving him a new vehicle.

© Axiom Message Boards