Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph Write in Candidate Poll -- Worst acting ever - 08/23/10 12:31 PM
Looking for nominees for a poll on "The worst acting performance in a major film."

My nominee is Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. Either of the two films but especially III. Never has anger been so blah and tepid.
Keanu Reeves is pretty wooden, so you could take one of his films.
Anything by Steven Seagal, but that's too obvious so I'll go with ummm, Nicolas Cage(Ghost Rider? wtf).
Hey, here's a mother lode of options via the mighty wikipedia.
OK, how about ones that will cause arguments?

I vote Clint Eastwood.

People talk about him being such a good actor, but it seems to me he just scowls his way (the SAME way) through each film.
And, let's not forget our less-talented sisters as well.

Plus the sucky supporting men and women.
I loved Eastwood's scowling ways in Gran Torino. Within his range, he's a real presence.
I like his MOVIES, but does he ever play any different role?
I find Will Smith to be one of those one-dimensional actors, don't kow why he's so famous.
I think of Jack Black the same way. He has a goofball shtick that has worn thin. When I saw him in that Rush documentary, it's all I could think about. He's a poser.
Just about any actor in the original Star Trek gets my vote for worst actor/actress.
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
OK, how about ones that will cause arguments?

I vote Clint Eastwood.

People talk about him being such a good actor, but it seems to me he just scowls his way (the AME way) through each film.
Eastwood is a star in the old vein, like John Wayne. Doesn't mean they weren't good actors, but they were/are limited actors. Like each of Wayne's roles was pretty much John Wayne, each of Clint's roles is pretty much Clint Eastwood. If you like those personae, you're gonna like the actors. If you don't, they are a disaster. I will admit that both have grown on me and I enjoy their work, although neither will make me forget Spencer Tracy. YMMV. Also, I think Eastwood makes some very good movies, along with some turkeys.

My vote for the most overrated actor is the universally acclaimed Sean Penn. He's not horrible, but IMHO, he has never earned the accolades he's been given and, frankly, he bores me.
Natalie Portman in any of the SW movies, also in some chick flick that I'm not sure why I watched. I think it was with Susan Sarandon, which pretty much guaranteed that it was depressing.
Paul Walker in The Fast and the Furious
Keanu Reeves in Speed
Tom Cruise in Valkyrie...I haven't even seen it, but watching the trailer made me cringe.
Ooh, I'm going to isolate it to "worst accent while acting" and choose Harrison Ford in K19:The Widowmaker
In that same vein, Kevin Costner in Robin Hood.
Everything he doo, he doo doo for you?
This guy is not exactly an actor, but he fails at performing the role of weatherman.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1923624593019237597#
© Axiom Message Boards