Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay California Tsunami - 03/11/11 08:34 PM
Of course I hope that it's insignificant, no one gets injured, and any property losses are small.

However....

I would tune in to watch the Sky Eye 'copter coverage of the evacuations of Malibu and Newport Beach.

Filthy rich Democrats running for their lives. Just 90 minutes south, stinkin' rich Republicans running for their lives.

10 minutes after all are evacuated, the skycam zooms down on the streets and sidewalks.

It reveals, in both locales, a beach of lost Breitlings glinting in the light, a Fiestaware sampling of inscribed rubber credo bracelets, broken Prada heels of every imaginable color, size and texture, and, about every 75,' a confused Shitzu trying to escape from a Gucci bag.
Posted By: medic8r Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 08:56 PM
Now that's funny raht thar.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 09:45 PM
Newport Coast is fine thanks. Next time I'm at the Pavilions parking lot, or Crystal Cove, and I'll snap a phone pic and take you to the car show.

Prediction?

You will see a gaggle of Bentley Continentals, coupes, sedans and a convertible, Maserati sedans, a boring assortment of AMG S6.3s, 550s, A8s, new big Jag sedans, a battalion of Escalades, none of them swirling with buses, boats, houses or flotsam.
Posted By: BobKay Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 09:59 PM
2 x 6: I'm familiar with the area and all of it's vagaries. First hand-knowledge makes trashing something much more insightful and pointedly mean.
I rely heavily on familiarity when choosing victims.
Posted By: BobKay Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 10:06 PM
RE: California Tsunamis and Lemmings. Or Sherman's March to the Sea.

I used to spend a lot of time in the Marina del Rey/Santa Monica area.

During one of my stays, there was the possibility of a pending tsunami. After the public warnings were all over the TV and radio, it became impossible to move anywhere in the vicinity.

There was no pedestrian or vehicular exodus away from the beach at all. All the people and cars were trying to get TO Venice Beach to watch the tsunami "come in." All the sun-baked brains in SoCal were there, and then some. See what being 3 hours behind "real time" does to people?
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 10:07 PM
On the subject, Breitlings? Older guys with PPs, young mortgage brokers barely holding on to their Newport Coast homes are putting regular gas into their leased Bentleys, and wearing upscale imitation Rolexes, the classier among them, imitation Omegas. Bumper crop of Malteses may be on the way.

On a serious note, prayers and best wishes for the people of Japan ... what a horror.
Posted By: BobKay Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 10:17 PM
Indeed. And so few years since their last natural horror.

Seriously, I wanted to say Maltese, but I was afraid not everyone would know that breed.

And sadly, one man in CA has been swept away.
If we learn that he went to the shore to "watch" the tsunami, then I'll rescind the "sadly."
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 10:52 PM
Nice work, Bob. grin
Posted By: BobKay Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Nice work, Bob. grin

I go through all these mind-numbingly verbose novellas to get a laugh. You make me laugh with three words.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: California Tsunami - 03/11/11 11:56 PM
Lazy is the soul of brevity. Or something like that.
Posted By: INANE Re: California Tsunami - 03/12/11 06:13 AM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
And sadly, one man in CA has been swept away.
If we learn that he went to the shore to "watch" the tsunami, then I'll rescind the "sadly."

aye
Posted By: BobKay Re: California Tsunami - 03/12/11 02:27 PM
Sympathy Officially Rescinded.

TV says: He went TO the beach to take some photos of "the waves."

Darwin in action!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: California Tsunami - 03/12/11 02:47 PM
I am awaiting the day for Bob to start posting in iambic pentameter!

My favorite- Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: California Tsunami - 03/12/11 09:39 PM
I would not ever stoop to posting things
in iambic pentameter if not
for Axiomites like you who feel the need
to tempt me with such silly challenges.
So now that I have done what you have asked,
I'm off to drink some beer to get right smashed.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: California Tsunami - 03/13/11 05:10 AM
Cheers! grin
© Axiom Message Boards