Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bridgman Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 02:26 PM
So I'm at the local Canadian Tire (sort of a hardware + auto parts store) and notice a bin of cheapo DVDs. Flipped through them for a minute and I see a familiar face - Mark's avatar.

Three DVD set with the last 19 episodes of Ultraman for $3.99.

Thanks Mark !
Posted By: Murph Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 02:39 PM
Not just a "sort of hardware plus auto parts store" but Canadian black hole if you will. At least, according to most wives anyways. Husbands who enter are not seen for a very, very long time again.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 03:14 PM
Good point. Around here (central Ontario) we have Princess Auto, which has taken over the "black hole" role, but in most other areas Canadian Tire is probably the place.

If you wanted to build a sixty foot tall killer robot you could probably get all the parts and tools you needed with one trip to Princess Auto. It's our version of a craft store wink
Posted By: Murph Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 04:10 PM
Agreed. I love Princess Auto but the nearest one is $40.00 dollar bridge toll away.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 06:06 PM
Originally Posted By: bridgman
If you wanted to build a sixty foot tall killer robot you could probably get all the parts and tools you needed with one trip to Princess Auto.

You mean, like ULTRA MAN??? smile

I haven
I watched the set I bought. I think I need to do shrooms to enjoy it, and I don't even know where to get those. smile
Posted By: medic8r Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 06:49 PM
*scribbles prescription and mails to Mark*
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 07:56 PM
Cool! I didn't even know those were available via script.

I've never actually tried them. Will you talk me down if it doesn't go well and I go fetal under the coffee table, afraid of one of the monsters in Ultra Man? smile
Posted By: bridgman Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 08:14 PM
>>Will you talk me down if it doesn't go well and I go fetal under the coffee table

Wonder what medic8r's voice sounds like in a square room ?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 08:20 PM
Dude, you're freakin' me out! smile
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/11/11 08:21 PM
Wait. Pete's the math whiz, but isn't "cubed" a square squared?

I don't know if my math terminology is correct, but that there's funny either way.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/12/11 02:17 AM
I think a squared square would be a hypercube.

x^2 = x*x

(x^2)^2 = x^2 * x^2

x^2 * x^2 = x^4

x^4 = hypercube
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/12/11 04:31 AM
Agreed.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/12/11 09:40 AM
Yeah, I knew that wasn't the definition of cubed, though I admit I DID fall asleep in Algebra and avoided anything further. I guess I was trying too hard for the joke.

The point is, JP is a square. And that there is funny.

(Did I divert it back to him yet?)

Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/12/11 10:18 AM
I think the point is hypercubes are cool, but don't make very good movies.
Posted By: Murph Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/15/11 05:34 PM
Mark,
Those particular little mushrooms grow everywhere here. Backyards, golf course, everywhere. For a while there, they had their own little seasonal tourist trade where people were coming from all over (mostly Quebec for some reason) to pick them. That is until the RCMP cracked down on it.

I've never tried them either but some of my funniest moments have been watching my friends who did. Although, I don't recommend it. Well.....unless I can watch.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Thanks Mark ! - 08/16/11 05:26 PM
For what it's worth, my initial impression is that the Ultraman DVDs would pair very well with 'shrooms. Sort of "Thunderbirds meets Godzilla meets the Three Stooges". The theme music alone was worth the $$.

Now that even vampires use martial arts moves when fighting it's nice to see some good 'ol high school wrestling moves. It helps that Ultraman is the same size as the monsters.

The show kind of glosses over how the Science Patrol guy changes into Ultraman inside a ship or structure without blowing the walls out.
© Axiom Message Boards