Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BlueJays1 EPIC FAIL! - 09/29/11 05:29 PM

Posted By: medic8r Re: EPIC FAIL! - 09/29/11 05:34 PM
Stay classy, Dr. Horse.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: EPIC FAIL! - 09/29/11 05:53 PM
What are they saying in Boston? I bet they are all class. wink

I'm not a fan of what Epstein is doing. He has you guys tied up with a lot of bad contracts via free agency. Makes it very difficult to move forward. We know all about it with our previous GM - Vernon Wells, Alex Rios.

Posted By: nickbuol Re: EPIC FAIL! - 09/29/11 07:29 PM
My wife had Good Morning America on this morning, and there was a funny little segment about the Red Sox... I wonder if it is out on YouTube yet...
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: EPIC FAIL! - 09/29/11 10:09 PM
That's good to know that even Good Morning America was into the Schadenfreude.
Posted By: Murph Re: EPIC FAIL! - 09/30/11 12:19 AM
Im not a big baseball fan but on the way home from work today I heard a radio interview with a statstitian who calculated that considering the mix of wins losses that had to happen, the 7-0 comeback, the chance Langoria would homer with two outs, two strikes, no one on base, etc. etc. etc.... the odds of Boston Not making the playoffs would have been 2.7 something million to one.

In short, people can and will continue to get struck by lightning.
Posted By: BobKay Re: EPIC FAIL! - 09/30/11 10:06 PM
They didn't have a post-season in 'em anyway. It wouldn't have lasted long.

It's better than the end of '86, and it's less painful than a perfect season followed by a SuperBowl loss.

A week, max, and everyone here is on to the next season's sport(s). High or low, I don't think it's got much to do with class.

What's 180 million dollars among "friends?"
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: EPIC FAIL! - 09/30/11 10:24 PM
Yah! The Patriots...ooopppps...pwned by Buffalo! smile Perhaps a tough go with a good Raiders team this week. Pats defense is dreadful. This one might linger a bit if there is no basketball to look forward to in Boston (pending strike).
Posted By: jorge016 Re: EPIC FAIL! - 10/01/11 02:22 AM
The Bosox didn't deserve a spot the way they played in September. That said...a 99 loss season in Minnesota truly sucked.
Posted By: BobKay Re: EPIC FAIL! - 10/01/11 02:24 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1
Yah! The Patriots...ooopppps...pwned by Buffalo! smile Perhaps a tough go with a good Raiders team this week. Pats defense is dreadful. This one might linger a bit if there is no basketball to look forward to in Boston (pending strike).

You forgot to mention the current holders of the Stanley Cup.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: EPIC FAIL! - 10/01/11 03:09 PM
I didn't think they considered that a sport in Boston. grin
Posted By: Murph Re: EPIC FAIL! - 10/03/11 03:04 PM
I disagree, Bruins fans are fanatical.
Although perhaps you were just being sarcastic.
Posted By: davidsch Re: EPIC FAIL! - 10/03/11 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: jorge016
The Bosox didn't deserve a spot the way they played in September. That said...a 99 loss season in Minnesota truly sucked.

It looks good compared to my hometown Astros' 106 loss season (a franchise all-time worst).
© Axiom Message Boards