Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Child abuse? - 11/07/11 08:57 PM
OK, since I just jokingly posted about a kid being abused in another post, and doing so made me cringe a bit, I'm curious if others have seen the video of the kid being beaten and what their thoughts were?

The background story:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/judge-daughters-beating-discipline-14874503

The full video (Warning: This is very uncomfortable viewing...at least to me):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDPy9aik_g8

This guy is a judge in Texas! And what isn't mentioned in this early story is that the daughter has Cerebral Palsy. To me, he has some serious anger management issues. There are comments on YouTube though, where a certain percentage of people think that this is reasonable discipline... though 80% of the posts on YouTube are usually 12 year old boys looking to get a rise out of someone.

I'm curious what people here think?
Posted By: RickF Re: Child abuse? - 11/07/11 09:03 PM
Oh yea, we've been discussing that one over on one of the fishing forums I frequent and the unanimous consensus is that this particular judge needs his ass beat to a pulp. And I wholeheartedly agree.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Child abuse? - 11/07/11 09:24 PM
Well, I didn't want to say that to influence people who haven't seen it...but YEAH!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Child abuse? - 11/07/11 09:53 PM
Agreed.

I heard about this a while back but haven't heard of any news for the last couple of days. Speculation is that this could be so damaging to him that he cannot return to the bench, so we may be able to settle for his career being beaten to a pulp.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Child abuse? - 11/07/11 09:59 PM
That's really not satisfying, Doc.

Though I'd like to think that if he's let go, whoever eventually DOES get him may not face federal charges for beating a sitting judge.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Child abuse? - 11/07/11 11:38 PM
Holy crap. I'll "portray" his kid for a day and play all of the computer games I want, only when he comes in with his belt, I'll just take it from him and give him some good hits with it. What a jack___...

I may be far from the greatest dad in the world, but he isn't a parent, father, or dad. He is power hungry and has to get his way. Anyone against him is punished relentlessly... That need for power and control is probably why he is a judge... or WAS a judge.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Child abuse? - 11/07/11 11:41 PM
Unconscionable. Heinous. Reprehensible. Sickening.
Posted By: RickF Re: Child abuse? - 11/08/11 01:47 AM
Another very disturbing aspect of this whole scene is that to this day the guy believes he did nothing wrong ... "It wasn't nearly as bad as the video appeared".

Really?

Unbelievable.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Child abuse? - 11/08/11 02:00 AM
This has probably gone on for years in this family. Generational, and with his kids. The mother needs to be held responsible too. If these cycles are not broked, they tend to just repeat themselves. Education for the masses on how to discipline your kids properly might help. It probably should be required education upon child birth.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Child abuse? - 11/08/11 02:36 AM
and I thought this thread would be about Penn State....
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Child abuse? - 11/08/11 03:13 AM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
This has probably gone on for years in this family. Generational, and with his kids. The mother needs to be held responsible too. If these cycles are not broked, they tend to just repeat themselves. Education for the masses on how to discipline your kids properly might help. It probably should be required education upon child birth.

I totally agree with you CatBrat especially the part I bolded. It's trauma/abuse like this that ends up being a baseline in causing such a vicious circle. The sad part is when these kids grow up its quite common they end up with severe addictive personalities and substance abuse problems that creates a while new host of problems that continues to ruin their lives and the ones around them...the circle continues...
© Axiom Message Boards