Posted By: INANE Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 02:06 PM
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 02:08 PM
Now, now.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 03:30 PM
HA! Love it!
Posted By: Murph Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 03:53 PM
Funny Stuff!
Posted By: dakkon Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 04:13 PM
As a share holder, i hope the response is a 100X what that photo shows, that is a pretty weak showing depicted....... *crosses fingers!*
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 04:15 PM
Man, I hate it when a lot of people really like stuff that I don't.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 04:38 PM
I would like to see the same picture, but with lemmings instead of sheep. LOL
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 04:54 PM
I'm sure that device will bring a lot of happiness to a lot of people. Well done.

and...

http://devour.com/video/stuff-apple-fanboys-say/

http://devour.com/video/more-stuff-apple-fanboys-say/
Posted By: dakkon Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 05:03 PM

Tom, there are a lot of good points within that satire. People that are willing to blindly follow anything deserve what they get.... It will be interesting to see how the new iphone compares to the newest Samsung phones.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 05:06 PM
And people who are willing to blindly disregard a particularly thing also deserve what they get. Eh?
Posted By: Boltron Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 05:09 PM
Haha, that's awesome!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 07:06 PM
Ok. So Apple makes products that fly off the shelves, and you think their customers are idiots for continuing to buy them?

This is a serious question.

It is possible to dislike a company/product without disparaging those who do like it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 07:08 PM

These are actually funny. smile
Posted By: fredk Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 07:24 PM
What is this Iphone thing?

::looks lovingly at rotary dial phone::
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 08:46 PM
An iPhone is similar to an iRobot.

Posted By: fredk Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/12/12 11:20 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
An iPhone is similar to an iRobot.

I see. Does it do dishes and make coffee? That would be useful if it doesn't cost too much.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 01:33 AM
Originally Posted By: dakkon
It will be interesting to see how the new iphone compares to the newest Samsung phones.

Ah, Samsung. The highest selling smartphone brand in the world.

I know a lot of people like this (hilarity and language). I want iPhone. Only iPhone cause it's an iPhone.....
Posted By: dakkon Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 02:01 AM
I remember when that video came out...... The only problem was, the iphone4 wound up being a better product.......
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 02:26 AM
Pocketnow (often biased to the iPhone) just posted a video review titled iPhone 5: What We Love and What We Hate.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 02:56 AM
I actually think the 4S was a larger step forward than the iphone5 is... I went from a 3G to a 4S. I'm glad i didn't wait for the mystical iphone 5...

I think the days that the newest iphone is FAR ahead of other products available in the market are coming to an end.... With that being said, i think the iphone is still one of the best built products available, specifically talking about the lack of plastics, instead using more durable materials like Aluminium and glass.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 02:58 AM
That Pocketnow guy is funny. He even admits near the end that the iPhone 5 isn't keeping up with Android, isn't innovative, Apple is all about sales now, and at the beginning says that he hated the iPhone 4s because it was basically an iPhone 4 with some fixes, and then got on to say that he loves the iPhone 5 because it is based off of the 4s.... What?

Anyway, he is going to love his iPhone 5 despite all of the shortcoming that he mentioned. OK. Good for him.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 03:12 AM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Apple is all about sales now,

Nick, this is quite true... Tim Cook is also making changes to the apple stores, with a much higher focus on sales rather than customer service.. When Job's was around, there was never a priority places on sales.. The theory was, if a customer has a pleasant time in the store, they will likely buy something and then become a repeat customer.

I am glad i am not emotionally attacked to my aapl shares... Just have to do something before the capital gains tax laws change, or the stock no longer continues to grow in value.....
Posted By: fredk Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 06:05 AM
The range of reaction in the media is interesting. This is the first post Jobs release and I suspect his absence removes a little of the magic of an Apple product launch.
Posted By: Murph Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 11:32 AM
Ya well, I just got a new corporate issued........
Blackberry.
Sigh.....

Actually it does what it needs to do very well. It's just that now that my BB is no longer so ancient that web or social tools are too painful to use, I can not justify buying myself my own 'fun' phone.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 01:37 PM
My corporate doesn't issue anything. So far, I've bought my own chair, keyboard, mouse, fan, space heater, speakers, books, pens, pencils.

They're idea on chairs is, if it hasn't completely broken down, where it's impossible to sit in it, then we're not going to find you a less broken one yet.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 03:26 PM
I want an I-phone 5, but I've got exactly 1 year left on my 3G plan with AT&T, with a Pantech phone. Ugh.

I suppose I'd have to shell out big bucks for one, if I want one now, then switch to Sprint in a year from now, if I want to go with that carrier then.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 03:29 PM
You can't switch an AT&T iPhone 5 to Sprint, they use different wavelengths in LTE. You can move AT&T to T-Mobile (unofficially), but not to Verizon or Sprint.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 04:15 PM
Ken, T-mobile is making a pretty big push in an attempt to pick up "off contract" iphone owners to switch to T-mobile..

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/10/t-mo...hone-customers/

Fred, Jobs was working on this phone before he died.. I was kind of wondering if Tim Cook would make mentions of Job's contribution to this product.. I think this is one of the last things Job's had a direct hand in prior to his passing...
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I want an I-phone 5, but I've got exactly 1 year left on my 3G plan with AT&T, with a Pantech phone. Ugh.

Yeah, but even if you did make the costly switch now, Apple marketing will kick in hard next year and tell you how old and crumy your iPhone 5 is and how if you are hip and cool, you MUST upgrade. I'd wait. I mean, even if you have enough disposable income to keep up with the Apple cycle, there are clearly other things to spend your money on that would be fun than a phone with a slightly better screen, or camera, etc.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 04:25 PM
Oh come on. I would like to see some statistics on how many morons actually upgrade their phones yearly.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 05:58 PM
I've never had an i-phone. Kind of like the bigger screen and faster processor of the newer one, though. I can't do anything, internet-wise with my Pantech, except check the weather, and a stock quote after waiting about 2 minutes for the data to show up.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/13/12 09:43 PM
Ken, I must work with a number of morons then. Every Apple Year, yes, I am claiming that phrase, they go out and buy the latest Apple iPhone. They are all so excited about it, and a couple of months later, the honest ones anyway, say how it isn't that much better than the previous model... Yet they never learn and are probably preordering the iP5...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 04:17 AM
I hate to break it to you, but you work with a number of morons. You can't blame Apple for their behavior.
Posted By: CV Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 04:27 AM
Well, they DO get a little of the blame, since they have a marketing department.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 12:15 PM
I have enjoyed my 3GS for three years. Do I have permission to upgrade yet?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 12:37 PM
JP, I'd say so...
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 02:06 PM
But, I've only had 3G for 1 year. Does that mean I have to wait 2 more years...?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 05:05 PM
Maybe not, if you send Nick a bribe or something ...
Posted By: Murph Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 06:41 PM
Hey, I'm the phone cop around here. I'll take that bribe, thank you.

Otherwise? Well, you all know what happens.

Johnny: [after hearing the sirens] It's the phone cops. They know what I did here today.
Venus: What are you talking about?
Johnny: They're coming to get me, man!
Venus: That's paranoia, man!
Johnny: Wake up, sucker, this is the phone company we're talking about! They see everything, they know everything, they got their own covert police force! I'm probably wired for sound right now! I gotta get out of here!
Venus: Johnny!
Johnny: Don't use my name!!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 07:37 PM
I"m waiting for the new Samsung triangular smart phones, since apparently the idea of a rectangular phone has been patented....
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I hate to break it to you, but you work with a number of morons. You can't blame Apple for their behavior.

Originally Posted By: CV
Well, they DO get a little of the blame, since they have a marketing department.

Precisely, Charles. We are all influenced by our environment. Companies and their marketing have a huge impact on our decisions; particularly within our subconscious mind. You can thank Edward Bernays for this. Considered the father of 20th century propaganda, he took Freud's (his uncle's) ideas about human beings, and used them to manipulate the masses. Most notably, he showed American corporations how they could make people want things they didn't need by linking mass-produced goods to their unconscious desires.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 08:55 PM
I suppose you'd also blame McDonald's for making people fat?
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/14/12 10:34 PM
Fat, salt and sugar are synergistic, and as as a result it causes the release of dopamine. With these three foods being synergistic, we also build a neural net (or neuro net?).

McDonald's also uses umami, which is very likely addictive.

So yes, I think McDonald's does have some culpability.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/15/12 04:11 AM
Synergistic Umamis is the name of my next band.
Posted By: Murph Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/17/12 02:11 PM
I thought umani was a concept. It is a description of a particular flavour sensation, if you will. I did not think it was a particular ingredient. Therefore, isn't that kind of like saying satisfying taste may be addictive?

Not razzing you, just trying to understand where you are coming from. Plus, now I'm hungry, damn it!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/18/12 01:21 PM

I think mine will be Sneering Plutocrat! We just leaked our first video yesterday, and the response has been tremendous!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/18/12 02:09 PM
Originally Posted By: medic8r

I think mine will be Sneering Plutocrat! We just leaked our first video yesterday, and the response has been tremendous!

You call 47% tremendous? I think you math is off.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy iphone5 Day! - 09/18/12 02:27 PM
No, no, I've given up on that 47%. They'd never buy my CD no matter how much I promoted it.

Instead, I plan for all the job creators to by multiple copies of the CD and make their employees listen all day at work. Pipe it over all the intercoms and in the elevators. Any holiday bonuses will be paid out in CDs and memory sticks with my mp3 album on them.

I just have to incorporate in the Cayman Islands first.
© Axiom Message Boards