Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 02:34 PM
Is this forum on? grin

It's usually slower in the summer, but REALLY!

OK, let me get things going here:

I'm changing Religions because that will make it easier for me to get into Politics, so I can grant myself money to manufacture better-sounding Tube Amps.

Discuss.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 02:41 PM
CAPITALIST PIGDOG!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 05:04 PM
It won't help unless you upgrade your speaker wire.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 06:09 PM
And maximize your use of crystals.

May I also suggest you call your church Mapleshade Temple to maximize the profit from your mystical product offerings and better fund your religious endeavors?
Posted By: fredk Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 07:15 PM
Will your money be square? I think so otherwise your Feng will be all out of Shui
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 07:21 PM
How 'bout that new Pope, eh?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 07:27 PM
Originally Posted By: fredk
Will your money be square? I think so otherwise your Feng will be all out of Shui

You mean he'll be up Shui Creek?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 07:27 PM
Fred, was that you outside my window the other night with the binoculars looking at my Feng?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 07:27 PM
::High-Fives JP::
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 07:45 PM
Hey, your location listed under your Avatar is getting more obsolete by the minute.

Unless we call an emergency meeting of the Virginia Axiomite Suppression Team, I guess. Guys?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 07:51 PM
My kids swim for Valley Aquatics Swim Team; I just thought Mark didn't know how to read a map.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 08:19 PM
Maybe he was on his way to see M_Drew and got stuck in some mud.

Mark, you OK?!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/09/13 11:06 PM
Can I play bongos in the choir?
Posted By: fredk Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Fred, was that you outside my window the other night with the binoculars looking at my Feng?

No, not me. Uh uh. No way.

Sooo... how do you fit a square Feng in a round, um, never mind... blush
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 03:33 AM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
My kids swim for Valley Aquatics Swim Team; I just thought Mark didn't know how to read a map.

So your kids were a VAST improvement to the team?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 03:37 AM
Orson Scott Card wants you to be tolerant of his intolerance and go ahead and see the movie based on his book even if you don't like his views.

I read the book for the first time a couple weeks ago (Kindle edition) and enjoyed it. I'll watch the movie at home via Netflix, but will probably donate to the HRC, after I do, just for good measure.

There, have I riled thing up sufficiently, yet?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 08:06 AM
I've converted two people away from Mormonism, so I guess I can watch the movie too.

/rile
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 05:05 PM
Today is a good example of biblical end times, where people will evaluate evil as good, and good as evil. I see this more and more as I get older. (Runs and hides)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 06:13 PM
These end times sure have lasted a long time.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 07:01 PM
Please don't tell me that this is how most of you read these forums!!??
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 07:02 PM
It is interesting how some people call for "love and equality to all" and then turn around and show hatred and call "foul" to anyone that disagrees with them.

Sort of a "Acceptance of everything is great, as long as you accept the same things that I do and nothing else." kind of thing.

I disagree with a lot of people here, for example, but I don't think that I've ever once said that anyone here is wrong for what they believe to be right. I have, a few times, felt like the outcast, but not because anyone has (that I remember anyway) said anything directly to me that they were mad about.

By the way, I use the word "tollerance" NOT as a direct relationship to the above linked movie reference. I clicked the link, but didn't read the article so please don't assume anything by reading too much into me using that word. It is just coincidental.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 08:22 PM
To me, tolerance means live and let live. Unless your actions are affecting me personally -- and by affect, I mean something that causes me to have to take some action in order to deal with the effects of your actions -- we should be able to coexist, each with our different opinions and motivations.

For a while, I was tolerant of people who had strongly held convictions about certain areas of "morality". The goals they were striving for certainly did not affect me directly. I was not in the class of people they were striving to exclude from certain privileges.

Then I learned that some people I know and care about are in that class. Surely, they should have the same spectrum of choices that I had before I got married. And that is why I support the ordination of women in the Catholic Church.

cool
Posted By: fredk Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 08:48 PM
Quote:
Please don't tell me that this is how most of you read these forums!!??

I want one just so I can take an idump...
Posted By: fredk Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
... And that is why I support the ordination of women in the Catholic Church.

cool

I see what you did there and I'm not biting...
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
It is interesting how some people call for "love and equality to all" and then turn around and show hatred and call "foul" to anyone that disagrees with them.

As noted in the comment by the African-American woman - if I had time, I'd link to it and call her by name - in the linked article, this is basically projection.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who are against gay marriage are also against anyone disagreeing with them and thus are too quick to whine and play the victim when someone does hold a differing opinion. It's easy to lose sight of who the real victims are, IMHO.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 09:14 PM
Agreed. I was just pointing out that I have never protested someone's sexual orientation, beliefs, race, so on and so forth, yet if I was ever to have a public gathering of white, heterosexual men, I would receive hate mail, death threats, and so forth from the groups that promote "tolerance and love for all." Granted, I am not feeling like a victim because I can't hold such a gathering, but you see the point.

I know that demographics and geography also plays into all of this. We don't see/experience as much segregation for any reason here in Iowa. I do know that there are issues out there though as far as kids (other kids always look for ways to bully) picking on someone else because they are "different," whatever that means anymore. Not saying that things are perfect here (granted, Iowa has been mistaken for Heaven before), but I wonder if there is a study out there that shows "hot spots" where people are more victims of hatred based off of race, religion, or sexual orientation.

I'm trying to make a point, but feel like I am just floundering around, so I will stop. Again, please don't read too much into what my initial point was. It was just to bring up a different perspective; one that is very accepting (not just tollerant) of all people. Even Canadians. wink
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 09:25 PM
Well, I'm not sure about them Canadians.

I think I hear ya, Nick, and no worries. You seem like a good guy. Part of the peril of Internet message boards is not being able to read nuance like you can get in the spoken word, and also the relative anonymity that it affords. So someone who is looking for trouble/offense can usually find it. One of the nice things about this board is that we self-regulate well and clarify these kinds of things.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 10:14 PM
Nick is on my good guy list precisely because he takes the time to say things carefully and clearly, regardless of the topic.

Plus, pictures.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 11:22 PM
LOL. Thanks guys.

Oh, and more pictures are coming in 2 minutes to my theater/sub build thread.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/10/13 11:36 PM
Pictures are up? laugh
Posted By: fredk Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/11/13 01:14 AM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
Well, I'm not sure about them Canadians...

Not Tim's card for you this Christmas.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/11/13 04:44 PM
frown

I am still bummed that I left my Timmie's mug at Adrian's place in 2010. I do, however, get joy from thinking of my morning coffee as a double double, no matter the source.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/11/13 09:33 PM
I had a green rooster as a pet when I was a kid.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 03:53 AM
My family wants to get a cat.

I don't mind cats, but we had 2 until they both died within the past 6 months. One of old age and we had to have him put down, and the other from who knows what. He was sick one night, and dead in the morning. He wasn't young at 12 years old, and was HUGE. He weighed about 26 pounds. I am fine without the cat little, extra fur, etc. I told them, "We got a small dog 2 years ago that people call a cat. That is close enough."

I fear that they will gang up on me pretty soon.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 04:43 AM
Today I cleaned up after two dogs, a cat, two rats, and 35 silkworms. Normally it's not too much trouble, but my wife and son are at Cub Scout camp this week so it's all on me. frown
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 05:07 PM
Peter, may I ask about the silkworms? Are they pets?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 05:16 PM
He's tired of receiving ties from others for Father's Day, so he's making his own next year.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 05:18 PM
He always wanted to operate a sweat shop.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 05:28 PM
These clowns have it all wrong. I've seen the things--they're huge. He's raising them to be his personal army of monsters so he can do the same thing he does every night.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 06:33 PM
You lost me after army of monsters.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 06:34 PM
Take over the world!!!!

*cue dramatic music
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 06:36 PM
Thank you...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 06:55 PM
Will they be as scary as the creepy flying monkees from Oz?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Will they be as scary as the creepy flying monkees from Oz?

Here they come
Flying down your street
They get horrified looks from
Everyone they meet

Hey hey, Flying Monkees ....
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 07:41 PM
No thread is worth anything without some pictures.

Flying Monkey (Wizard of Oz)

Flying "Monkey" Baboon (Oz the Great and Powerful)

Probably didn't mean this guy though:
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 07:56 PM
Ah. Pinky and the Brain. I never watched it. Now Ken's joke makes sense. Ha. Ha ha.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 07:59 PM
Anyone see "Sharknado" yet? Who comes up with this stuff?!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 07:59 PM
Just watch the animaniacs shorts. The full episodes weren't all that good.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 08:13 PM
I haven't seen Sharknado yet, but I saw SharkNader on Facebook earlier today:
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/12/13 08:49 PM
That looks kind of fishy.
Posted By: Murph Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/15/13 04:51 PM
I go on vacation for two weeks and you guys go on the ultimate derail ride without me??????
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/15/13 04:59 PM
We wanted you to have something nice to return to!

You know, since Mark ate all your candy bars when you were gone.
Posted By: fredk Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/15/13 05:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
I go on vacation for two weeks and you guys go on the ultimate derail ride without me??????

Wait, you get vacations? You're already living permanently in vacation land. That should be enough.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/15/13 05:34 PM
It's not like he locked them up or anything, JP.

I thought they were free for the taking(?)

Yes, all of them.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/25/13 07:18 PM
Hey, I just passed 4,000 posts! Yeah!

Fun Fact (ala Paul Blart style): I've been a forum member for 11 days longer than Mark, and he has more than 2.5x the number of posts...
Posted By: fredk Re: Tap, Tap, Tap... - 07/28/13 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Hey, I just passed 4,000 posts! Yeah!

Fun Fact (ala Paul Blart style): I've been a forum member for 11 days longer than Mark, and he has more than 2.5x the number of posts...

Considering he has a square room, his posts should be the square of yours too. Hurry up Mark, you're falling behind!
© Axiom Message Boards