Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/06/15 02:59 PM
Apparently they did a lot of cocaine. This live version of Dream On is hilariously bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjA9Po6cKMM

Don't do cocaine, kids.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/06/15 06:42 PM
I always love the comment sections:

"It's not as bad as I expected... then again, I'm drunk."

"SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! Joe Perry can drink 10 bottles of vodka and even play better than you"
Posted By: BobKay Re: Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/06/15 07:47 PM
Saw then from '72 on. They were so bad live, that no one in other "working" bands could believe that they had a Columbia contract. (They lost that after Noise in the Attic, errr, Toys, I mean.)

They have come back from the dead more times than most bands are ever allowed. They are better with each comeback. They've become the great band everyone "thought" they were in the 70's.

I'm no huge fan, but I have great respect for the efforts necessary for them to have achieved their longevity.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/06/15 09:04 PM
I love their early stuff, but thought that they were too "pop" later. Still, they're my favorite band.

Never saw them live in the 70s, as I always knew the Toxic Twins would disappoint me.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/06/15 10:58 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I love their early stuff, but thought that they were too "pop" later.

Adrian approves this comment.
Posted By: fredk Re: Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/06/15 11:31 PM
I always liked Aerosmith, but maybe that was because I never saw them in concert.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/07/15 05:09 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I love their early stuff, but thought that they were too "pop" later. Still, they're my favorite band.

Never saw them live in the 70s, as I always knew the Toxic Twins would disappoint me.

Bingo!
Worked in a dwntwn BOS rest/bar frequented by Steve Tyler. Whenever I would see him get up and head for the lav, I had to watch for him to leave so I could go in there and put the mirror back up on the wall and tidy up a bit.

He and a different girl (I DO mean "girl") each time would come in, order tons of food, go to the lav together while waiting, return giggling, eat none of it, pay and leave.

At least he didn't tip me in coke, as was a common occurrence at the time.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/09/15 12:31 AM
I've found cocaine to be enjoyable. It makes my disability "disappear" and I "experience" walking again. I don't do it more than once a month!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Aerosmith in 1977 - 05/09/15 02:34 PM
You go, bro! You should be allowed to have any drug that you you want!

(Then again, I think EVERYONE should. Let God sort it out. Oh, sorry, that's for killing and not drug taking. Still.)
© Axiom Message Boards