Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ajax Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 01:00 AM
I know nothing about these vendors so do your homework before ordering.

The Twister Group (They seem to have a good rating)

Geek-Guy

Search both sites for equally good deals on other, less expensive, Belkin PureAV models.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 07:08 PM
Thanks, Jack, for the info. Do you use this product?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 07:22 PM
I do! MSRP is $750. So, even though that price reflects an apparently hefty markup, these are excellent deals.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 08:25 PM
I almost wish I needed one for that price
Posted By: jinhan Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 08:32 PM
After seeing several lightning strikes near my house, I may have to go ahead and pick one of these things up. Thanks Jack!
Posted By: curtis Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 08:38 PM
I use one too! I paid just under $300 for mine. Under $200 is a killer deal!
Posted By: newkid2005 Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 08:44 PM
which site is better ??
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 09:06 PM
I repeat! "I know nothing about these vendors so do your homework before ordering." Doing your homework includes, but is not limited to, reading the web sites privacy and return policies.
Posted By: BassTek Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/20/06 11:28 PM
Who needs lightning, I want one just because of it's cool blue display.
Posted By: keend0 Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 01:08 AM
Who is going to snag the first on and let the rest of us know how it went????
Posted By: BassTek Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 01:27 AM
I would love to be the Guineau Pig, but $200 would take a chunk out of my front projector/M80's savings fund. I also just paid UPS and their criminal brokerage fees to get my sub delivered today and need a break from cross-border purchases.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 02:36 PM
I’ll buy one. The silver will go with my HT system. I have a Monster conditioner in the box for that system, but it’s black. Guess I’ll be selling it now.

Thanks Jack. Great buy.

I use this rating web sight. They seam to be pretty accurate with the places that I buy from and my experiences. Twister Group has good rating.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller4467.html

Edit: Looks like the geek guy is even better.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 03:21 PM
Jack informed about these when they were on sale the first time, because they are so close of a match to the Halo system. I purchased two of them and it was a good decision, by having one in each rack system it has really simplified the powering of the components, out of the 24 power outlets I still have 8 still available for future needs. Also they are rack mountable which is usually not seen on home electronics so it worked out well for mounting them without additional costs.
Posted By: curtis Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 05:34 PM
With everything Jack has made me buy....I am beginning to think something is going on. I better look into it more carefully.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 07:56 PM
You're impressionable and lack willpower?
Posted By: curtis Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 07:59 PM
In reply to:

You're impressionable and lack willpower?

Besides those two things.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 08:23 PM
The smell of new electronics turns you on?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 08:31 PM
Your wallet is allergic to money?
Posted By: michael_d Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 09:19 PM
Do you guys that are using these ever notice that the DB is lower? Maybe I’m imaging things, but I was just re-routing cables for a new rack and I could swear that when I’m powering everything through the Monster 3500, I can twist the volume knob around further and have the same volume as a lower twist without it. No difference is sound that I can detect, but man it sure seams a tad lower.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 09:28 PM
It's just my unending charm, wit, and good looks.
Posted By: newkid2005 Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 10:13 PM
you are right about that........just finished ordering another one from the geek guy......thanks for the post
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 10:18 PM
In reply to:

It's just my unending charm, wit, and good looks.

You forgot modesty!

Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/21/06 10:29 PM
Humility is my middle name.
Posted By: curtis Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/22/06 03:31 AM
LOL!!!!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/24/06 12:12 PM
Guys, when you have them set up and operating, and when you get the time, I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts you may have, pro or con, about the unit, and/or the vendors.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/24/06 01:37 PM
Well, here's a thought. NewEgg (a pretty good e-tailer) usually has excellent prices. They apparently didn't get the memo on this one. They show it @$749 minus $250 instant savings for an all day long price of $499.

OK, it DOES include free shipping.

Curtis, at the price of <$200 and your track record, are you considering a six-pack of them?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/24/06 02:00 PM
Ray, I know you're new to this PF60 party, but the prices have been all over the place for the last 6 months. I got mine in November at a really low price and, within a week or two, all the prices jumped a couple of hundred bucks, at the very least. Then, they went back up to near MSRP, and now the ridiculous prices are back again.

Perhaps these low priced deals are from unauthorized dealers. Perhaps Belkin is bringing out a new model. I dunno. But at 26% of MSRP, I was willing to take the gamble, and am very happy I did.

Again, I make no claim that this thing will improve your audio or video. I don't even claim it will adequately protect your equipment from surges, etc., though I certainly hope it does add some protection. I bought mine because I like its looks, and LOVE its versatility and convenience.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Belkin PureAV PF60 prices down again. - 04/24/06 02:47 PM
Both of these retailers want about $100 to ship it to me.

I looked at Amazon and they have it for under $300 direct, and $200 from one of their outlet stores. Shipping to me is $50.

They also have the Monster 3500 for $150.
© Axiom Message Boards