Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 08:09 PM
Tim, our intrepid web designer, is just back from a trek across America to represent Axiom and check out the Axiom installations in Country's Best Log Home Showhome 2006, a home built to be auctioned off to benefit the University of Wisconsin Children's Hospital.

Here are a few pics from the home.

I hope mdrew can enlighten us on what it would take to get those W3s in!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 08:33 PM
I hope nobody else hears about this so I can win with a lowball bid!
Posted By: Tharkun Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 08:41 PM
Great pics and thanks for sharing !!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 08:44 PM
Very nice!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 09:25 PM
Beautiful home and very classy/tasteful use of the Axioms...
Posted By: INANE Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 09:50 PM
Neato. Gotta love dedicated HT rooms like that.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 10:37 PM
I really love that HT room, however, I think the screen should be a bit bigger, possibly a 2.35 ratio cinemascope screen. To me it looks to small for that space.

Lets get ready to rummmmmmmble....
Posted By: Wid Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 10:39 PM
That is a very nice looking H/T room.

Randy, I think you need some M80s to fit your huge screen .

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 10:46 PM
Oh.

My.

Gosh.

I agree with Randy.

Nice house.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 10:54 PM
Ya got me again Wid.... One of these days you'll talk me into it, actually, it is my wife you need to talk to, ha ha.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/03/06 10:57 PM
I'm moving in tomorrow. Woof!
Posted By: michael_d Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/04/06 02:43 PM
Piece of cake Amie. No turning back after you start if you have second thoughts though. Once the recessed area in the log is bored out and chiseled to accept the speaker, there will never be any way to make it look original again. Personally, I’d not do it that way. I’d have built a cabinet to house it or go with a book shelf and mount it to the log.

To do it though, you just trace the area you need removed on the log that the speaker needs to slide into, take a drill with an auger bit to the log and remove what you can with the bit, then with a real sharp chisel, take out the rest of the log. If you want to put one in vertically that would span more than one log, it gets complicated. As the log shrink (and they will), the hole needs to be big enough to keep from crushing the speaker so one has to get pretty creative with trim to trim out the oversized hole.

Posted By: Stone__Man Re: Country's Best Log Home and Axiom - 05/04/06 03:25 PM
wow now I really like that. very nice. not to mention I'd always loved log homes so double the love.

Seeing those makes me wonder why I hadn't given any thought to using different color surrounds. DOH! Which leads me to question, is it within reason, that say someone has an all black setup and then they move to another home where the black just don't work so well for them. could the speakers be mailed back and refinished to a different color? (like the brown surrounds in the photos ) for a price of course.
© Axiom Message Boards