Axiom Home Page
and why you may not want a ported sub.

I have 3 yr old Hsu VTF2 that's been doing great. I also have a 16 month old boy who's doing great as well, but getting into everything.

A few weeks back my wife and I were trying to find some baby bottles that he uses for milk. Couldn't find a few. The other day, my son walks up to the sub w/ some toys and I here a thud. No toys. Great, he dropped one inside. I disconnect and open it up. Sure enough, there's a tennis ball and a milk bottle w/ some "cheese". I told my wife he's helping justify a new sub...
Axiom subs have a grill over the ports. Keeps out toys, milk bottles and small rodents.

If that's not enough, the SVS tower subs have a METAL grill over the ports which will keep out larger rodents as well
Reminds me of something I got today at work. It was titled:
"A child's last day on earth".

Which makes me think of a VISA commercial....

Designer Leather Sofa: $3,000
Restored Hardwood Floors: $2,000
Flat Panel Hi-Def TV: $2,250

Knowing they're spending next summer at their grandparent's house: Priceless.

Take care,
Rich
Cesar, it looks like you experienced what Jim(jbzngowest)did a few years ago . Now, what we want to know is did you also experience "deeper, tighter bass" as a result of your son's "mods"?
If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure I still have at least one dead mouse in my M60s.
Quote:

Cesar, it looks like you experienced what Jim(jbzngowest)did a few years ago . Now, what we want to know is did you also experience "deeper, tighter bass" as a result of your son's "mods"?

i loved hot wheels as a kid. there was a bit of excitement that I could enjoy it again but that thread made me dread it...
Quote:

Reminds me of something I got today at work. It was titled:
"A child's last day on earth".

Which makes me think of a VISA commercial....

Designer Leather Sofa: $3,000
Restored Hardwood Floors: $2,000
Flat Panel Hi-Def TV: $2,250

Knowing they're spending next summer at their grandparent's house: Priceless.

Take care,
Rich

OMG, THAT is funny. It's a keeper. Wow, isn't that all of our nitemares? If my Salamander didn't have doors, I'm sure my VCR would be full of cereal, blueberries, cars, and maybe some PB&J sandwiches.
Lord have Mercy. Wouldn't that be covered by homeowner's insurance? Couldn't it be considered a natural disaster?

Now I remember why I never had children. Good thing! Cuz if my HDTV were painted white, I'd end up being guilty of murder. Nah! No jury would convict me. Justifiable homicide!
do you mind if this photo gets circulated, i haven't had a good laugh like this in a long time. nice paint job but i think they missed a couple of spots(like your speakers). i'm thiking of changing my screen saver. please post more photos as you know this forum loves photos.
Lol, that is scary particularly since those boys are about the same age as mine, somehow my thoughts keep flashing to those kids parents who could probably use a bit of a smack also.
I think it looks setup, as the boy in front of the TV appears to have protective eyewear on.....

But I could be wrong...happens when you are old!!
I don't have kids, but I do have a cat. He takes great joy in reaching his "arm" as far into the ports as possible and pulling out damping material to play with. He's been really good about not using the speakers as scratching posts though.
Quote:

He's been really good about not using the speakers as scratching posts though.

Count your blessings, then. My cats really roughed up the grills on my old KLH towers in the 1980s/early'90s. Guess I'm lucky that they only went after the grills and not the speaker body.

Don't you wish that you could reach into the speaker from the other side and swat your cat's leg?
My cats don't care about the speakers at all--unless they're too loud. I've never seen any of them do a thing with any of the speakers.
Knowing cats, that must mean that they approve of your speaker placement and room acoustics. Otherwise they'd be sure to direct your behavior in some way, masters that they are.
Quote:

do you mind if this photo gets circulated, i haven't had a good laugh like this in a long time.

Oh my, those are *not* my kids. I got that photo in an email that circulated around the office. My only real contribution was the "visa" commercial comment. So please feel free to share as you all wish!

Take care,
Rich
My cat once knocked an M22 over. Luckily, it only caused a small scratch on the side. Tough little speaker. Bad little cat.
© Axiom Message Boards