Axiom Home Page
Hello everyone. First time post here. I've been kicking around the idea of doing the trade up program on my set of speakers. I have vp150, M80's, and QS8 in the boston cherry that are about 2 years old. I was thinking about trading them in for the same set in real wood rosewood finish. Anyone have any of their axioms in the custom wood finish? If so, could you post some pics of your setup? Thanks.
Rosewood is gorgeous (as far as I can tell from the pics on the website). I have been dreaming about Rosewood M80s every since I joined the Axiom club...

I was thinking about this question on the way home last night, you beat me to it.

Hutzal, I too have dreamed about the rosewood....too many coincidences....
The picture on the homepage is Dllewel's Cherry Natural Epic 80 system. He had Boston Cherry first as well.
I just gotta say that that's so cool that you can/do use your customer's pictures on the home page.
Me too. I so appreciate seeing the actual product in an actual setting (a very beautiful one, by the way).
Thank you Jack. \:\)

And thank you Amie. I didn't have any hesitation when Amie asked to use my photos. Everyone at Axiom has been so nice to deal with, I just consider it the same as helping any good friend.
 Originally Posted By: Hutzal
Rosewood is gorgeous (as far as I can tell from the pics on the website). I have been dreaming about Rosewood M80s every since I joined the Axiom club...

Me too...
it must be nice to be rich
We sure appreciate you letting us use the pictures! They never fail to 'wow' people!
I have a 5.1 W22/W150/QS8/EP500 in a maple with a Nutmeg finish. They look great. When I purchased them in 5/06 we were planning to have our basement done 'anytime now'. Well I set them up between the wood studs and hanging from the rafters for over a year. The EP 500 was somewhat punishing in a room with only concrete walls. My wife would flip the light switch on/off to get me to turn it down because she couldn't watch her U2 videos in the bedroom on the 2nd floor. Now the basement is almost done. We picked paint colors, cabinets, tile, rugs and toilet seat covers based on this finish since it was the only point of reference we had at the time. I will send photos when it's up and runnin'
 Quote:
it must be nice to be rich

It must be a drag being envious. ??

\:\)
pmbuko, please send me a 7.1 epic 80 system in piano black so they can be envious of me too \:\)
Nobody envies my equipment. Well, except for the EP500.

M22s, not-connected VP150, not-connected surrounds, no TV... you get the picture.
 Quote:
no TV... you get the picture.

Technically. . .no.
I have an Epic80 600 7.1 System in In Oak/Buttercup w/Burnt Sienna grills (Simi-gloss)
They always get ooos & aaaahs.
When the guys from Best Buys came to deliver my new TV they were all agog - and one even asked if he could "touch it"
They never saw such "beautiful speaker" - their words exactly. The same one asked if he could come back and hear everything when I was set up.
I guess that means an audition \:\)
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Nobody envies my equipment.

snicker. snicker.
Yeah, you could say it's about the length of two Snickers put end to end.
This thing is wide open for discussing the implications of bite-sized bars.

(please make up your own jokes to save time and high post counts).

\:\)
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Yeah, you could say it's about the length of two Snickers put end to end.

obviously the mini bite sized ones you hand out during halloween.

I left an opening and you just had to poke it.

Speaking of Snickers...
I'm coming down with another case of speaker envy.
Yet "Snickers Satisfies" still applies?
 Originally Posted By: CV
Yet "Snickers Satisfies" still applies?

Paging Mrs. pmbuko ...
Argh, so the Trade-in program has been calling my name with a vengeance lately. I can't take my eyes off the Rosewood finish. I've only had my Axiom speakers not even a year, and in doing calculations on the trade price (if of course I spend a lot) I can get a very sizable amount of my initial investment back in trade in minus shipping.

I did a search for "custom wood" and only found this thread in the past year. I wonder if there are any other custom wood owners out there who have photos and/or can share their thoughts? Rosewood owners in particular would be nice. \:\)
I saw a pair of rosewood M22s when I was at the factory last week. They were stunning. The finish on the real wood speakers is incredible. I darn near pressed my face against a pair and I couldn't see the seams along the top edge of the at all. Not a single flaw!

I love the look of real cherry, but the rosewood was nicer. If I had unlimited funds, I would get a pair of M80s unfinished and finish them myself using oil.
© Axiom Message Boards