Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Riker My very first Axiom purchase - 03/30/08 11:00 PM
I just, and I mean Just.. put in an order for a pair of brand new QS8 surrounds. I have been a member of this forum for well over a year but had yet to own some Axioms. Now I do. I'm replacing some Energy Pro .5 bookshelves currently sitting on top of 42inch Plateau metal stands as surrounds with the wall mounted QS8s. I've read so much about these speakers that I am very anxious to get them and put them up / listen to them. I have always felt that my bookshelves on stands did not produce the envelopping sound that I craved.. it took me a long while, mainly to convinced the wife. that I needed to replace them with the QS8s.. originaly, I also wanted an EP500 as well, but that was " What? you already have a sub.. bla bla bla.." you know the drill.. so the Surrounds first.. then I'll save up for the sub myself and get it in the summer time..

I am very happy to finaly be a part of the Axiom Owner's club.. even if it's just a pair of surrounds :-)

Riker
Posted By: myrison Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/30/08 11:05 PM
Congrats Riker, you're going to love the QS8's. They put you right in the middle of whatever you're listening to. Good luck suffering through the wait for them to arrive. I'm currently doing the same. ;\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/30/08 11:06 PM
I know that you will like the QS8s. Congrats.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/30/08 11:17 PM
Excellent! QS8 are impressive little beasts.
Posted By: vassillios Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 02:40 PM
That's exactly how a became a member, bought a pair of QS8's. The only problem with them is that they made me want the VP150, which I got, and now the the M80s, which I have yet to get.
Posted By: DaveG Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 05:23 PM
Congrats on your purchase of QS8s, you'll really like them.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 06:46 PM
The surrounds are Axiom's gateway drug. I must be strange because the surrounds are the last thing I have to replace before my system is all Axiom.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 07:12 PM
I'm sorry I waited so long to get QS8s. C'mon, Peter, everybody else has them. . .
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 07:44 PM
TV first, then speakers.
Posted By: medic8r Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 08:06 PM
Firs', ju get the TV. Then, ju get the speakers. Then you have the POWER.
Posted By: fredk Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 08:11 PM
"I have the power!"

Hmm... wonder if plastic computer speakers count...
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 08:21 PM
The power of A1400 compels you! The power of A1400 compels you! \:\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 03/31/08 11:37 PM
Your mother listens to a quarter watt in hell Karras!
Posted By: Riker Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 12:25 AM
Thanks Guys..

Yes, I am very anxious to get them setup and take them for a spin.. But before I do that I have to flip my HT around in my room.. like 180 degrees.. so I have to figure out speaker cable lenghts, power, and other cable lenghts ie: sub, dvd etc..

The reason being that once I flip it, I will have 2 walls to hang the QS8s on.. right now my seating position only has one wall..the other wall is very very far away.. but if I flip it.. then there is full wall on the left side and a small wall of 4 feet on the right hand side..then it opens up into the full size of the basement..

Lot's of prep to do before I get to hook them up.. I hope the overall sound is going to be better than my current bookshel surrounds..heck I know it's going to be :-)
Cheers
Riker
Posted By: zamoraaz99 Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 11:36 PM
HI I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST AXIOM SPEAKERS(M80S AND EP600V2)FOR MY ONKYO805 AND MIRAGE SURROUND SPEAKERS MY QUESTION IS MY LIVING ROOM IS ONLY 18X10 IS IT TOO MUCH?BY THE WAY MY TV IS AN XBR4 52INCH AND ALSO A PS3.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 11:38 PM
The M80s aren't too much, but you may have some trouble getting the EP600 dialed in in such a small room. Worth trying, at the very least.

As a small favor, can you not type in all caps?
Posted By: Riker Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 11:39 PM
Welcome Zamoraaz99 and congrast on your purchase. I wish I had an EP600 !!

I don't think it's possible to have " too much " .. that's why they invited the volume knob

Riker
Posted By: zamoraaz99 Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 11:39 PM
IS IT THAT POWERFUL?
Posted By: zamoraaz99 Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 11:40 PM
ok on the caps sorry my bad
Posted By: Riker Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 11:41 PM
The EP600 is a beast.. for sure..

P.S.. you CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS..WELL.. LOCKED !!..
Posted By: Mojo Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 11:41 PM
No, not too much at all. Muuuhhhhaaahhaaaaahaahaaaaa \:D !

Better screw everything down.
Posted By: zamoraaz99 Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/01/08 11:50 PM
I know this a dumb question but do you guys think i will hear a vast difference in sound compared to for example my past speakers(polk audio,yamaha,infinity)any responses would greatly be appreciated.
Posted By: Riker Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/02/08 12:11 AM
Well, that's a very hard question to answer without knowing the specifics of what you had.

I know that you will be extremely pleased with the M80s.. and I don't even own a pair.. but I've been on this forum long enough to know that they are amazing speakers.

Only you will be able to tell us if you notice a big difference.. I'm betting that you will.. and I don't know what sub you had before.. but I'm sure that EP600 eats it for breakfast..That is a monster of a sub. I am very envious !! I want one to !!
Posted By: zamoraaz99 Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/02/08 12:15 AM
Thanks for your reply riker.I will update you guys on what I think and I am also going to try and post some pics.
Posted By: JohnK Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/02/08 01:56 AM
Z99, welcome. As others indicated, you, not the speakers, are in control of the volume level. One point would be that in a room that size it'd be likely that the trim control on the EP600 would likely be best set at "Full", to better balance the boost in very low frequency response that occurs in a small room. As far as positioning of the 600, the strongest and smoothest response would likely be in the corner behind the M80s which was farther from a large opening in the wall.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My very first Axiom purchase - 04/02/08 01:23 PM
 Quote:
you, not the speakers, are in control of the volume level.

Unless, of course, the volume is so loud that you can't even enter the room to turn it down lest your ears start to bleed.
© Axiom Message Boards